Sign in to follow this  
Mike Isles

Arcade Rooms

Not including big National places like Dave and Busters or Hotel/Resorts - do you still have local arcade rooms ? 
I don’t. Pretty much grew up in one. 

I like to see somebody open one with the old school games from the 80's. I think it would work nowadays, you could play 80's music on the radio in it as well. Come on one of you rich geeks on here make it happen.

18 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Not including big National places like Dave and Busters or Hotel/Resorts - do you still have local arcade rooms ? 
I don’t. Pretty much grew up in one.

Don't even get me started with this subject 

We had "Time Zone" back in the day but I only got to go there like 2 times or so.

My favorite from a wee little lad of 10 or so was Pinball.
25 cents - 2 games - 5 balls per game. Loved me some 70's pinball machines 

The 80's got pretty damn good with Cyclone and such, but I do remember trying to steal a quarter or 2 from my moms to ride my bike 2 miles just to play Donkey Kong. 
For what it's worth, I used to be pretty damn good at teh BMX.  
Was Nationally ranked for a bit (not very high cause I only raced at 1 national) but still...
17 years old at the time, and yes...still a virgin

9 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I like to see somebody open one with the old school games from the 80's. I think it would work nowadays, you could play 80's music on the radio in it as well. Come on one of you rich geeks on here make it happen.

There are bars that work this concept.

I can't believe how bad I suck at games today that I used to rule 40 years ago.

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

So that is a no for you Mark Cuban ?

I actually owned a few original Arcade games when I was just a teenager. Frogger and Galga was the two most popular ones I owned. I got to good at Frogger it bored me.

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

we have them but they dont have many arcade games

That is why I want to have a arcade with plenty of the old games and cater to that.

I believe they have an arcade room in our soon to close mall near me but i don’t know what’s in it.

a lot are filled with redemption machines.

santa monica pier has a big one filled with all kinds of games. 

i went to a place in LA that had a ton of VR games. you put on a headset and visor and played.   your game was broadcast on a big screen above you so people could watch.

In Salem, MA there us a place called The Willows.  Its a park, on the ocean, with a pier where people walk and fish, a small stage.  There is also a strip mall type building with a pizza place, chinese food, fried seafood, putt putt golf course, kiddie rides, and 2 arcades.  One has 10 Pinball machines, a lot of 80s games, air hockey, popashot, etc.  Other has VR, skee ball, redemption games.  

There is also the Bit Bar that has about 35 games.

13 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

In Salem, MA there us a place called The Willows.  Its a park, on the ocean, with a pier where people walk and fish, a small stage.  There is also a strip mall type building with a pizza place, chinese food, fried seafood, putt putt golf course, kiddie rides, and 2 arcades.  One has 10 Pinball machines, a lot of 80s games, air hockey, popashot, etc.  Other has VR, skee ball, redemption games.  

Salem Willows :cheers:   Liberty Tree Mall has a smaller arcade. Is open right now.  Salisbury Beach and Hampton Beach still have lots of arcades

We have Yestercades in NJ.  They have old school video games and pinball, plus they have multiple TVs with multiple game systems and games to play.  You pay per hour and access anything you want.  They even have an old 80s TV where it was like a giant piece of furniture with an Atari 2600 hooked up to it.

Then of course at the shore each boardwalk has at least one arcade, usually several.

In Michigan in college..there was a chain called Pinball Pete's.  Small chain  Lansing area...but still awesome.

Then by my house for many many years there was a golf dome with an attached arcade.  Lots of pinball.  Not great on video games but had some.  Could smoke and drink in there so wife and I would go there and play pinball, video etc.

Torn down quite a few years ago as the neighborhood changed and it became less safe to go there.

49 minutes ago, The PosterFormerlyKnownAs said:

Always a highlight of our vacations in the Georgia Golden Isles

Trump must love visiting there :wub:

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Salem Willows :cheers:   Liberty Tree Mall has a smaller arcade. Is open right now.  Salisbury Beach and Hampton Beach still have lots of arcades

Yes, I have been to the Hampton one, like during a road race or the seafood event.  Hampton Beach has a Jersey Shore vibe..more rednecks than guidos.

8 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Yes, I have been to the Hampton one, like during a road race or the seafood event.  Hampton Beach has a Jersey Shore vibe..more rednecks than guidos.

Revere Beach is for guidos

11 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I actually owned a few original Arcade games when I was just a teenager. Frogger and Galga was the two most popular ones I owned. I got to good at Frogger it bored me.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F436919601328526422%2F&psig=AOvVaw031SS-c_F7-hFi55dMuMgO&ust=1615565246185000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCODqkeLPqO8CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAQ

We had a team outing at one just before the pandemic. Go carts. Batting cages. 2 game rooms. Crappy pizza, but they had beer so it wasn't a total loss. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wiffleball said:

There's one here in IN.  Took the family there for lunch and games last year.  Doubt they survived COVID, but maybe.

14 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Chop suey sandwiches....yummy. Salem Willows is cool.

11 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

Chop suey sandwiches....yummy. Salem Willows is cool.

its funny how much north shore people love those sandwiches.  first time i went there my wifes family was all about "you gotta have a chop suey sandwich".

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2021 at 11:44 PM, SUXBNME said:

Don't even get me started with this subject 

We had "Time Zone" back in the day but I only got to go there like 2 times or so.

My favorite from a wee little lad of 10 or so was Pinball.
25 cents - 2 games - 5 balls per game. Loved me some 70's pinball machines 

The 80's got pretty damn good with Cyclone and such, but I do remember trying to steal a quarter or 2 from my moms to ride my bike 2 miles just to play Donkey Kong. 
For what it's worth, I used to be pretty damn good at teh BMX.  
Was Nationally ranked for a bit (not very high cause I only raced at 1 national) but still...
17 years old at the time, and yes...still a virgin

If you only knew what she had to do to get that money....one quarter at a time.  

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

If you only knew what she had to do to get that money....one quarter at a time.  

Oh...I knew.  Sometimes she made me "help" :(

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2021 at 10:56 PM, BeenHereBefore said:

I hit a million on Galaga without cheating in my 30s at the last game ro0m we had here. Should have killed myself off at 999999 to have the high score forever on that machine. Had ten ships left. It went back to 0.

4 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

I hit a million on Galaga without cheating in my 30s at the last game ro0m we had here. Should have killed myself off at 999999 to have the high score forever on that machine. Had ten ships left. It went back to 0.

That is cool but lol at zero. I only played it for about a half hour at a time. I could had keep going but didn't have the patience and same for Frogger.

3 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

That is cool but lol at zero. I only played it for about a half hour at a time. I could had keep going but didn't have the patience and same for Frogger.

Once you hit a million and turn it over, it started at zero, don’t know anyone who went that far without cheating. I rule. Brah!

36 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Once you hit a million and turn it over, it started at zero, don’t know anyone who went that far without cheating. I rule. Brah!

Yea agree you do rule for that! You beat the game!