Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

How can the blatant lies not be challenged?

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2021/03/11/sayhername-movement-black-women-police-violence/6921197002/

Black women like Breonna Taylor die every day at the hands of police. It’s time we said their names.

If black women die every day there would need to be at least 365 deaths.  Well, we know math isn’t a certain races strong suit but here are the facts -

2017 - 45 deaths of women by popo.

2018 - 53

2019 - 43

2020 - 38 

2021 - 9

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585149/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-gender/

focking liars and no one calls them on their !bullshit!

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2021/03/11/sayhername-movement-black-women-police-violence/6921197002/

Black women like Breonna Taylor die every day at the hands of police. It’s time we said their names.

If black women die every day there would need to be at least 365 deaths.  Well, we know math isn’t a certain races strong suit but here are the facts -

2017 - 45 deaths of women by popo.

2018 - 53

2019 - 43

2020 - 38 

2021 - 9

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585149/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-gender/

focking liars and no one calls them on their !bullshit!

Yeah, they should have said “it’s unacceptable” or “it happens too often.” As they said it, it was quite untrue… but in the article, they clarified that 250 women died since 2015:

There’s not a lot of data on the police-involved deaths of Black women; no national registry exists. But The Washington Post has noted nearly 250 women, including 48 Black women, have been shot and killed by police since the newspaper began tracking police-involved shootings in 2015.

Typical news story - a sensationalist headline, but the facts in the article itself tell a different story. There’s a reason my friend always called USA Today “America’s Coloring Book”…

I’m a bit baffled when Trump supporters get upset about people lying though. Where was the outrage then?

https://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/

His lies started on day one with the crowd size BS and never stopped.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Yeah, they should have said “it’s unacceptable” or “it happens too often.” As they said it, it was quite untrue… but in the article, they clarified that 250 women died since 2015:

Typical news story - a sensationalist headline, but the facts in the article itself tell a different story. There’s a reason my friend always called USA Today “America’s Coloring Book”…

I’m a bit baffled when Trump supporters get upset about people lying though. Where was the outrage then?

That’s your best effort?

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

That’s your best effort?

Not sure what is being criticized.

I agree they should change the headline of the article because it’s false. They could keep the rest of the article though since it has the actual numbers in it which are accurate.

35 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Not sure what is being criticized.

I agree they should change the headline of the article because it’s false. They could keep the rest of the article though since it has the actual numbers in it which are accurate.

You must be Sho. All you try and do is post about facts. So the article is correct yet you don’t like the headline. Chill out dude.

The Nashville police knocked off a black women yesterday.  How dare the cop shoot a black woman!  She did absolutely nothing except pull a gun on the evil police officer and shot him first.   

2 minutes ago, jonmx said:

The Nashville police knocked off a black women yesterday.  How dare the cop shoot a black woman!  She did absolutely nothing except pull a gun on the evil police officer and shot him first.   

It’s unbelievable 

14 hours ago, dogcows said:

LOL, you're pretending that Democrats didn't lie about everything they did on a daily basis prior to Trump?

51 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, you're pretending that Democrats didn't lie about everything they did on a daily basis prior to Trump?

They also lied about Trump on a daily basis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You want to add up every single lie told by a Democrat vs just the lies told by one person: Donald Trump? Now, does this include everybody who votes Democrat? Or just Democratic politicians? If so, just the national politicians? Or Democrat politicians down to every single school board in America?

Doesn’t seem like a fair comparison. Pick one Democrat. Put them up against Trump for lying. Don’t use “everybody knows they lied about everything” as a crutch. Provide a list like many took the time to do for Trump. Surely Fox or some other right-wing website has a list of lies? All politicians lie (everybody lies sometimes), but none (Republican or Democrat) even hold a candle to the volume of blatant falsehoods emitted by Trump.

4 minutes ago, dogcows said:

You want to add up every single lie told by a Democrat vs just the lies told by one person: Donald Trump? Now, does this include everybody who votes Democrat? Or just Democratic politicians? If so, just the national politicians? Or Democrat politicians down to every single school board in America?

Doesn’t seem like a fair comparison. Pick one Democrat. Put them up against Trump for lying. Don’t use “everybody knows they lied about everything” as a crutch. Provide a list like many took the time to do for Trump. Surely Fox or some other right-wing website has a list of lies? All politicians lie (everybody lies sometimes), but none (Republican or Democrat) even hold a candle to the volume of blatant falsehoods emitted by Trump.

46 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

But Trumpie lies too!  🙄 - MDC’s canned answer so bet ready for it.

Bwahahahahahah 

25 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Here's my rule for anyone who references; "but Trump lied a billion times and here's the data base to prove it":   As soon as you throw that out there, unironically, you are doing one of two things, there are no other options.  1 - You've never actually looked at those databases and read any of the "lies", and therefore you are just a despicable moron who references things that you have never even looked at to try to make a point.   2 - You have looked at it and you don't care that it's utter BS and you still use it to try to make your point.  And that makes you an vile despicable moron.   

As an example,  they counted as a "lie" that Trump said we had a "100 billion dollar trade deficit with Mexico".  They claim the actual # was 78 billion.    Really, that's a "lie"?   He was probably standing on the WH lawn with the chopper spinning in the background riffing on something about trade with Mexico.   Does the 78/100 thing make any difference at all to his overall point?    No.  But count that one as a lie!   And that's not even the most egregious example of what they counted as "lies".   

If we used this standard to judge "lies" then yes, every president going back to Washington "lied" thousands of times.    I am sure that Washington stated many times that "we will defeat the British!"   Using the same standard they applied to Trump's "lies", that statement would be counted as a "lie".   They would say that "without significant assistance from the French the colonial army would have never defeated the British, so when Washington referred to 'we' defeating the British he was referring to just the colonials, therefore this statement is a lie".   You see how it is done? 

I know I am jumping in on this thread.    But the "Trump's billion lies - here's the database" thing infuriates me when people throw it out there.    Sadly, I find that it's usually that people never actually looked at the database and just accept it because Brian Stelter and Paul Krugman referenced it a thousand times so it must be true.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Here's my rule for anyone who references; "but Trump lied a billion times and here's the data base to prove it":   As soon as you throw that out there, unironically, you are doing one of two things, there are no other options.  1 - You've never actually looked at those databases and read any of the "lies", and therefore you are just a despicable moron who references things that you have never even looked at to try to make a point.   2 - You have looked at it and you don't care that it's utter BS and you still use it to try to make your point.  And that makes you an vile despicable moron.   

As an example,  they counted as a "lie" that Trump said we had a "100 billion dollar trade deficit with Mexico".  They claim the actual # was 78 billion.    Really, that's a "lie"?   He was probably standing on the WH lawn with the chopper spinning in the background riffing on something about trade with Mexico.   Does the 78/100 thing make any difference at all to his overall point?    No.  But count that one as a lie!   And that's not even the most egregious example of what they counted as "lies".   

If we used this standard to judge "lies" then yes, every president going back to Washington "lied" thousands of times.    I am sure that Washington stated many times that "we will defeat the British!"   Using the same standard they applied to Trump's "lies", that statement would be counted as a "lie".   They would say that "without significant assistance from the French the colonial army would have never defeated the British, so when Washington referred to 'we' defeating the British he was referring to just the colonials, therefore this statement is a lie".   You see how it is done? 

I know I am jumping in on this thread.    But the "Trump's billion lies - here's the database" thing infuriates me when people throw it out there.    Sadly, I find that it's usually that people never actually looked at the database and just accept it because Brian Stelter and Paul Krugman referenced it a thousand times so it must be true.    

Dogcows is a troll. These trolls are out of control. Hopefully Rusty got banned.

5 hours ago, Masshole said:

Then why are people losing their 💩 over this headline and whining “how can the blatant lies not be challenged?” Such a “lie” in this article for example, says it “‘happens every day” which is an exaggeration; it happens more than it should, but not every day. But then you want to give Trump a pass when he exaggerates. That is my point. And you picked one example that actually makes Trump look pretty good. How many blatant and harmful lies of his (like saying coronavirus was gonna magically disappear) did you have to scroll past to find that one?

I could post more of his specific lies here instead of just linking to the list, but the entertainment value of seeing people try to explain them away has waned over time.

My point is: people are getting really worked up over this exaggeration, while ignoring a POTUS whose every speech was full of lies, half-truths, and exaggerations for 4 years.

5 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Then why are people losing their 💩 over this headline and whining “how can the blatant lies not be challenged?” Such a “lie” in this article for example, says it “‘happens every day” which is an exaggeration; it happens more than it should, but not every day. But then you want to give Trump a pass when he exaggerates. That is my point. And you picked one example that actually makes Trump look pretty good. How many blatant and harmful lies of his (like saying coronavirus was gonna magically disappear) did you have to scroll past to find that one?

I could post more of his specific lies here instead of just linking to the list, but the entertainment value of seeing people try to explain them away has waned over time.

My point is: people are getting really worked up over this exaggeration, while ignoring a POTUS whose every speech was full of lies, half-truths, and exaggerations for 4 years.

TDS never let's go of it's victims. :lol:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

The link you got your info from is wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

He’s an idiot 

That's what I said.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, dogcows said:

Any time ANY politician talks, they're lying.  They're not telling us everything.  They're taking liberties in some form or fashion.  Not just Trump, not just Republicans, not just Biden, and not just Democrats.  ALL OF THEM!!  So, if you want to blame Trump for it, go ahead... I'm just going to ignore your incompetence.  I know "Trump lied more".  Whatever.  You're just believing the ignorant/bias left wing media.

• Thanks 2