Sign in to follow this  
TalentScout

Trade (TalentScout, kysar, Godfather)

End result:

Godfather gains 3 picks in 4.05, 10.10 (from kysar), 21.03, 23.02

Kysar gets 10.03 (from godfather), 13.11

Talent scout gets: 13.03, 4.03, 21.10, 23.10

This should all even out so everybody maintains the correct number of picks and all parties agree.  

https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/topic/500291-trade-kysar-talentscout-contingent-on-another-trade/

https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/topic/500292-trade-godfather-talentscout-contingent-on-another-trade/

@TalentScout, @kysar_soze @TheGodfather414 

Maybe @Torn can figure this out, but as I look at this on just viewing the numbers, this doesn't seem possible that everyone will still have 30 draft picks...

Maybe do something like this to further explain it please:

Owner is getting these pics and trades away these picks for all three of you...

Ignoring where they are going here is how everybody stays with 30.

Talent scout gets: 4.03, 21.10, 23.10

Talent scout gives 4.05, 21.03, 23.02

Godfather gets: 4.05, 10.10(Perez keeper should be moved to this position), 21.03, 23.02

Godfather gives: 4.03, 10.02, 21.10, 23.10

Kysar Gets: 10.03, 13.11

Kysar Gives: 10.10, 13.03

So it is 3 for 3, 4 for 4, 2 for 2.  

5 minutes ago, TalentScout said:

Ignoring where they are going here is how everybody stays with 30.

Talent scout gets: 4.03, 21.10, 23.10

Talent scout gives 4.05, 21.03, 23.02

Godfather gets: 4.05, 10.10(Perez keeper should be moved to this position), 21.03, 23.02

Godfather gives: 4.03, 10.02, 21.10, 23.10

Kysar Gets: 10.03, 13.11

Kysar Gives: 10.10, 13.03

So it is 3 for 3, 4 for 4, 2 for 2.  

So the thing that you guys agreed to above is incorrect...  You have that kysar gets two picks, Godfather and you get four picks, but down here you have three picks...

In the end this will be @Torn's decision, but because you guys agreed to something in the first post and then the explanation doesn't match (getting the number of picks), I would have to say this trade in this thread is invalid (as the other threads)...

But it is up to Joe...

I don't understand.  What is the inconsistency?  I was pretty tired last night so might have had a typo in the post last night.  

1 minute ago, TalentScout said:

I don't understand.  What is the inconsistency?  I was pretty tired last night so might have had a typo in the post last night.  

Here is what the initial post says:

• Godfather gains 3 picks in 4.05, 10.10 (from kysar), 21.03, 23.02 <-- Getting four picks
  • Kysar gets 10.03 (from godfather), 13.11 <-- Getting two picks
  • Talent scout gets: 13.03, 4.03, 21.10, 23.10 <-- Getting four picks

Then in the explanation above today, you have that you are getting only three picks:

• Talent scout gets: 4.03, 21.10, 23.10
  • Talent scout gives: 4.05, 21.03, 23.02
  • Godfather gets: 4.05, 10.10(Perez keeper should be moved to this position), 21.03, 23.02
  • Godfather gives: 4.03, 10.02, 21.10, 23.10
  • Kysar Gets: 10.03, 13.11
  • Kysar Gives: 10.10, 13.03

I can understand typos, but it is the 10.03, 10.10 and 13.03 picks that are confusing to me...  I know in the end from today's post, everything is the same, but I know that torn will want to make sure that the picks are coming from the right people and I am kind of a backup check for a second set of eyes...  When I started to look at things on who had what pick to move, things weren't looking right, at least when I was doing it...

I am sure it will click and make total sense and wonder how I was confused when I first looked at it, but right now I am still lost...

But as I also said, Joe has the final decision and if he says okay, then it is good...  But if he did reach out to me and ask, I would tell him no until I figured out the math...

Yeah I know I am being an ass and I know in the end it won't matter, but I am just like this when I am trying to understand it all...  I am not being mean to you guys on purpose...

Also, this is the first three-way trade in this league that I can think of, so this is new ground (at least for me), in the paper work...

When a trade post is usually made (between two teams), when I ran the league (and pretty sure when torn has), it was mainly to see that that trade dealt with people dealing the correct trades they owned and such...  Having two posts for the three-way trade (which makes sense because of history of how it has been done), kind of throws this process out the window and where my confusion set in...  Seeing "I get xx.xx, but only after it is agreed in another thread", really just caused me to get confused...

I am going to step away from this and come back at it in a bit and see if it makes sense to me then...

Sorry for delay - had a family issue to deal with this morning. (Non-health related...)

Understood and all set. I have updated the Yahoo site and draft sheet to reflect this deal. I don't get paid enough for this...  LOL🤪

The draft can continue...

I must be an idiot then as I still don't get it...  No wonder I have never won this league with a team that I drafted...