WhiteWonder

2021 Season Discussion

We always have a season discussion separate from the draft discussion. We can pin this after the draft.

There was something I wanted to propose when we started regrouping for 2021 but forgot to bring it up.... would anyone be opposed to making a slight edit to the name of the league in honor of Ted? Something simple like Geek Homers GT... if it's allowed without messing up being able to see prior year results.  Or does Yahoo allow you to name the virtual trophies? We could rename the 1st place trophy as the GT Cup or something like that. 

Maybe its not needed but it feels like a nice gesture 

• Like 1

I like either.  Not sure how Yahoo handles league name changes. "GT Cup", "Ted Trophy" something would be nice.

• Like 1

Ted Trophy is nice if the trophy can be named. I don’t know if yahoo has that option like I think espn does. If not we should at least add GT to the end of the league name. 

• Like 2

Geez. I didn’t trust him and that’s why I had him for my 3/4 picks but shame to hear. Like him a lot. 

15 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Geez. I didn’t trust him and that’s why I had him for my 3/4 picks but shame to hear. Like him a lot. 

The Braves apparently were looking at him during the off-season, but balked after seeing his physical results...  I guess the Angels decided to take more of a chance on him...

4 hours ago, posty said:

The Braves apparently were looking at him during the off-season, but balked after seeing his physical results...  I guess the Angels decided to take more of a chance on him...

Blue Jays

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Blue Jays

Ah yes, thank you for the correction...

On 3/23/2021 at 6:47 PM, WhiteWonder said:

At least it's not as painful sounding as a ruptured pectoral tendon. 😮

4 hours ago, Jim Mora said:

At least it's not as painful sounding as a ruptured pectoral tendon. 😮

OUCH....Definitely the downfall of doing the supplemental so early...I feel like we always waited until the last week, maybe 2 before the season started.

Classic

55 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

wtf, Luis Campusano, who is the Padres starting C, who has done nothing but catch in the minors and was a catcher last year

is listed as UTIL

He played one game for the Padres last year and was the DH...  That is why he is UTIL...

In 2019, he probably wasn't in the database...

Took the kids to the Louisville Slugger museum last week and they all really enjoyed it.  Would recommend if you've never been.  I've also hear good things about the Muhammad Ali museum in Louisville, but it wasn't open yet.

48 minutes ago, posty said:

He played one game for the Padres last year and was the DH...  That is why he is UTIL...

In 2019, he probably wasn't in the database...

Yah it’s stupid he got called up played one game got hurt but they should have a little common sense

Yeah, sucks when that happens.  It'll be 5 starts or 10 appearances until he gains eligibility. 

5 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Took the kids to the Louisville Slugger museum last week and they all really enjoyed it.  Would recommend if you've never been.  I've also hear good things about the Muhammad Ali museum in Louisville, but it wasn't open yet.

That’s awesome. I live an hour from Louisville and still haven’t been. 

Our airbnb host mentioned Louisville per capita has the most independent restaurants per capita in the country.  We were just traveling through but I was really impressed

I'm about 3 and a half hours from there.  It's definitely a weekend overnight I want to do.  Maybe get some disc golf on in that area because there are some good ones.  Also one of these years we will do the Derby so that may be the weekend we go when everything is booming.

And we are off to a great start. Yay covid

Seriously? It's the third game of the season and the Dodgers are resting Mookie??? The Cal Ripken record will never be broken the way they play now. I'm sure there are a million and one reasons they rest players these days but come on. Rant over.....

Now is as good a time as any to start bitching about the Rays. The real Rays

you lose 2 of your top 3 starting pitchers. Arguably your most trusted in Morton and your overall best in Snell. And you replace them with? Over the Rich Hill and a guy who sucked with you before in Chris Archer. Sure, I think there are better games ahead for Michael Wacha but it's no wonder you're 2-4 off four straight losses to the marlins/red sox. The team lacked offense last season and did nothing to address it. Wander Franco is in the minors, one of your few bad trades is playing great baseball in San Diego (Wil Myers), You never give players a chance to get in a groove when you trot out so many different lineups based off "analytics". So many moving pieces in Tsutsugo, Choi, Diaz, Brosseau, Wendle.... and we never keep any of our solid offensive catchers.

so you know the offense is weak and you decide to let your pitching slip dramatically in talent. 

The Cardinals can’t hit.   Trevor Rosenthal gone for probably the entire year.  Pham Sucks.   Cards starting pitching is horrible.  The only saving grace I have is I can throw volume of starters and the a Cardinals bullpen is 3 deep in shutdown pitchers.  Gallegos, Hicks, Reyes all just dominant so far this season. 

I was feeling fortunate when I was up 11-5 earlier yesterday. For some reason my dumb ass decided to throw my pitching depth out there to chase a W and a QS and instead they all played like little leaguers and I lose the ERA and WHIP categories on top of it.

gonna be a long year. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I was feeling fortunate when I was up 11-5 earlier yesterday. For some reason my dumb ass decided to throw my pitching depth out there to chase a W and a QS and instead they all played like little leaguers and I lose the ERA and WHIP categories on top of it.

gonna be a long year. 

Could be worse, the majority of your team could have missed 4 straight games to start the season due to another teams dirty Covid ways and then had their final game of the week postponed. 

Actually, I guess that's not worse, as it was out of my control. ;)

I feel pretty good about my Royals :dunno:

On 4/12/2021 at 8:22 AM, cmh6476 said:

I feel pretty good about my Royals :dunno:

Pretty good game last night, eh?

22 hours ago, BlackClouds said:

Pretty good game last night, eh?

yes it was :banana:

16 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I set my lineup today and Musgrove didnt save 

Total suckage.  Looks like he had some good stats but took a tough L.  If you could decide now, would you have wanted him in there?  🤔

47 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Total suckage.  Looks like he had some good stats but took a tough L.  If you could decide now, would you have wanted him in there?  🤔

Prob not. I was banking on a qs

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

With Yelich to the IL can I add anyone?

Only if it is someone else that has eligibility with the Padres. You can't backfill Supplemental Picks with another random player. I'm in the same boat as you right now with Ketel Marte being on the shelf after hot start.

48 minutes ago, bbascom said:

Only if it is someone else that has eligibility with the Padres. You can't backfill Supplemental Picks with another random player. I'm in the same boat as you right now with Ketel Marte being on the shelf after hot start.

Dang that sucks ok I added loreano but I didn’t start him. I’ll drop tomorrow n

if I drop yelich I can add someone right?

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Dang that sucks ok I added loreano but I didn’t start him. I’ll drop tomorrow n

if I drop yelich I can add someone right?

Don't drop Yelich or you can't pick him up again.  We have three IL slots, can you stash him in one?

12 hours ago, Mookz said:

Don't drop Yelich or you can't pick him up again.  We have three IL slots, can you stash him in one?

I was just asking a hypothetical if I were to drop

him then I can add anyone or not at all?