WhiteWonder

2021 Season Discussion

yeah, if a supplemental pick gets hurt you can't just replace them with another player who never played with your "home team". Hence why Eloy Jimenez getting hurt trying to rob a spring training home run hurt me so much. Winds up being a wasted pick. 

you also can't drop a player you added in the supplemental. I mean, you can but you can't add them back. The only way to get them back would be to draft them again during the all-star break supplemental draft that we do. 

I'm kicking ass and taking names this week :banana:

10 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

yeah, if a supplemental pick gets hurt you can't just replace them with another player who never played with your "home team". Hence why Eloy Jimenez getting hurt trying to rob a spring training home run hurt me so much. Winds up being a wasted pick. 

you also can't drop a player you added in the supplemental. I mean, you can but you can't add them back. The only way to get them back would be to draft them again during the all-star break supplemental draft that we do. 

Can I drop him for another player and just forfeit him? Like i missed completely on Padres saves can I drop hader add someone different?  I understand I wouldn’t get hader back

32 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Can I drop him for another player and just forfeit him? Like i missed completely on Padres saves can I drop hader add someone different?  I understand I wouldn’t get hader back

like you said you would not get Hader back.

you are free to drop him but only for a player you have a claim to. AKA only a player who has accrued stats with the Padres at some point. You would not be able to drop Hader and add Kenley Jansen, for example.

otherwise you would see people do this all the time.  I would gladly drop Eloy for Buxton or even Mercedes despite him being limited to the utility spot. 

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

like you said you would not get Hader back.

you are free to drop him but only for a player you have a claim to. AKA only a player who has accrued stats with the Padres at some point. You would not be able to drop Hader and add Kenley Jansen, for example.

otherwise you would see people do this all the time.  I would gladly drop Eloy for Buxton or even Mercedes despite him being limited to the utility spot. 

Ahh ok didn’t realize that. There’s not another free agent Padre position player I can find

7 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm kicking ass and taking names this week :banana:

I've got a name for you:  F. Me Kindly  🖕

<_<

Covid. Rain. Crappy 7 inning double headers. The Mets have 11 freaking games played through 2.5 weeks of baseball and 4 of those games were 7 inning games. I am supposed to compete with that, how? :wall:

This Royals team is exciting.  Kinda feels like the 2013 season, when you almost knew they were on the brink of something big.

With guys like Bobby Witt Jr., Daniel Lynch, Asa Lacy and Jackson Kowar all set to make their big league debuts in the next year or two, the Royals could end up being the team to beat in the AL over the next several years.

• Haha 2

who the fock laughed at that, and why?  This team is playing extremely well right now.  No reason to think they don't have a lot of upside over the next several years :dunno:

There were years going in I knew we were going to witness another 100 loss season.  Wasn't like I was shying away from the reality of that then.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

who the fock laughed at that, and why?  This team is playing extremely well right now.  No reason to think they don't have a lot of upside over the next several years :dunno:

There were years going in I knew we were going to witness another 100 loss season.  Wasn't like I was shying away from the reality of that then.

Sure wasn't me.  <_<

I'm at the game tonight :banana:

I laughed. Not that there isn’t hope for the Royals. It was more the “team to beat for the next several years” comment. Only because teams to beat don’t last that long, let alone a Royals version. 

also on an unrelated note I’m watching the Seattle Boston game and Cordero has to be the worst defensive outfielder I’ve ever seen. 

11 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

on an unrelated note I’m watching the Seattle Boston game and Cordero has to be the worst defensive outfielder I’ve ever seen. 

Even than Johnny Damon?

On 4/22/2021 at 9:23 PM, WhiteWonder said:

I laughed. Not that there isn’t hope for the Royals. It was more the “team to beat for the next several years” comment. Only because teams to beat don’t last that long, let alone a Royals version. 

also on an unrelated note I’m watching the Seattle Boston game and Cordero has to be the worst defensive outfielder I’ve ever seen. 

If Bobby witt pans out and these pitchers they drafted recently live up to the hype, they're positioned as well as anyone to do it.  I see the future of the royals with Witt like mahomes is with the chiefs.  If you have a stud at short it's easier to separate yourself from other teams

On 4/25/2021 at 10:43 PM, cmh6476 said:

If Bobby witt pans out and these pitchers they drafted recently live up to the hype, they're positioned as well as anyone to do it.  I see the future of the royals with Witt like mahomes is with the chiefs.  If you have a stud at short it's easier to separate yourself from other teams

The Royals are good....  but still the ugly Step-sister to the Cards in Missouri.   👋. Hopefully Matheny learned his lesson and won’t run your best two relievers into the ground from overuse.  

could we see an all-Missouri World Series in Geek Homers??

1 hour ago, lambert58 said:

could we see an all-Missouri World Series in Geek Homers??

Unlikely...

Daniel Lynch getting the call-up today :banana:

If you look at highlights of him pitching in the minors, he kind of gives the resemblance of Randy Johnson, a tall, lanky lefty with high velocity :thumbsup:

also, Duffy > DeGrom

47 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

Your words are hurtful!! 

:lol:

I didn't say which team (or teams) would not make the title game, but there is a lot of season left to assume that both of you are a lock for the finals...

Yeah the wheels could fall off our bus any time

It was a question.... not a statement!  Lol

I have already lost 2 potential closers in Rosenthal and now possibly Hicks.  Need Reyes and Chapman to stay healthy.  Will be nice to get Voit back in the next few weeks.  

I have a plethora of starting players (OF’ers especially) if anyone is interested in trading.  I can do 2,3, or 4 for 1 depending on what I have coming back.  Never too early to make a move...

Man my team sucks...  Getting smoked this week by the worst team in the league is not a good thing...  Pretty soon, this team will be down there...

Eesh...  Got to hand it to the Mets team though, at least they have put up some runs this week and hit the ball, two things the Nats decided to skip this week...

On 5/3/2021 at 12:55 PM, cmh6476 said:

Yeah the wheels could fall off our bus any time

our wheels have falled off

Two no-hitters in a week (Means and Miley).  Pretty cool.  Still lost, but at least won ERA, WHIP and complete games.  :dunno:

• Like 2

I’m not sure I have ever had a better 2 week stretch. I believe I went 29-1 over the last 2 weeks.  😳

1 hour ago, lambert58 said:

I’m not sure I have ever had a better 2 week stretch. I believe I went 29-1 over the last 2 weeks.  😳

Your last three weeks...

Week 5: 15-0-3
Week 4: 15-1-2
Week 3: 15-1-2

Remember last year when you lost week 2 (1-15-2) and week 3 (1-17-0)?

royals are sucking and I'm still doing decent in homers :dunno:

current IL

DeGrom, Syndegaard, Walker, Carrasco, Seager,  McNeil, Davis, Conforto, Nimmo, Pillar, Flores. :bench:

I'm traveling through Springfield mo today and going to catch the royals and cards AA teams.

On 5/23/2021 at 12:30 PM, cmh6476 said:

I'm traveling through Springfield mo today and going to catch the royals and cards AA teams.

Don't forget to check out an Isotopes game too.  :thumbsup:

I know I say this every season, but this time I mean it! 😀  I'm done with Yahoo.  I can set my lineup 2 days in advance, but if I make a damn free agent move the lineup changes are deemed void.  I could understand a lineup change not taking place if I dropped a player involved in the change....but I've never dropped Woodruff yet he always falls out of my starting lineup because I make a free agent move.  And this whole thing about not being able to make a free agent move until 1am PST is $h1t, too.

14 hours ago, Burt said:

I know I say this every season, but this time I mean it! 😀  I'm done with Yahoo.  I can set my lineup 2 days in advance, but if I make a damn free agent move the lineup changes are deemed void.  I could understand a lineup change not taking place if I dropped a player involved in the change....but I've never dropped Woodruff yet he always falls out of my starting lineup because I make a free agent move.  And this whole thing about not being able to make a free agent move until 1am PST is $h1t, too.

is ESPN any better? I know in the past, for fantasy football, you couldn't even submit lineups past the current week. They might have fixed that last season though.

It is. ESPN has hosted my dynasty league for the past 14 years.  Once games have started for the day, you can pick up a player for the FOLLOWING day rather than having to wait until after 1am in Cali.

And you can go into the future all the way to the last day of the season.

17 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Should be interesting to see how many guys blow out their arms after MLB Prohibition like Glasnow.

:doh:

I'm pretty sure Yahoo didn't count very well this week either.  Quite sure I had 3 wins (I had 2 going into last night and Ryu picked one up) but yet this morning I still had 3 wins???