WhiteWonder

2021 Season Discussion

2 hours ago, GuardBum said:

I'm pretty sure Yahoo didn't count very well this week either.  Quite sure I had 3 wins (I had 2 going into last night and Ryu picked one up) but yet this morning I still had 3 wins???

According to your daily team page, you didn't pick-up your first win until Romano got one on Saturday, then Ryu makes two...

You did have a win on your bench on Wednesday...

Well time for a crappy week this week, it seems like when I climb the standings after a good week, the bottom drops out...

Don't beat me too bad @lambert58...

On 4/8/2021 at 8:08 AM, WhiteWonder said:

Now is as good a time as any to start bitching about the Rays. The real Rays

you lose 2 of your top 3 starting pitchers. Arguably your most trusted in Morton and your overall best in Snell. And you replace them with? Over the Rich Hill and a guy who sucked with you before in Chris Archer. Sure, I think there are better games ahead for Michael Wacha but it's no wonder you're 2-4 off four straight losses to the marlins/red sox. The team lacked offense last season and did nothing to address it. Wander Franco is in the minors, one of your few bad trades is playing great baseball in San Diego (Wil Myers), You never give players a chance to get in a groove when you trot out so many different lineups based off "analytics". So many moving pieces in Tsutsugo, Choi, Diaz, Brosseau, Wendle.... and we never keep any of our solid offensive catchers.

so you know the offense is weak and you decide to let your pitching slip dramatically in talent. 

Your cobb must be on the rise right about now.  😏

2 hours ago, Mookz said:

Your cobb must be on the rise right about now.  😏

hah. Looking back on that quote I will freely admit that Rich Hill has exceeded my expectations. Then again, will he be able to stay healthy? And with Glasnow on the shelf, he is now the Rays Ace. Not something you want to rely on. Archer was predictable bad. Wacha hasn't found anything....

While Morton has been average, he is still capable of going out and having really nice games like he did recently against the Mets. 

I was probably wrong, it was probably time to move on from Snell. He can't get deep into games. I still hate how they treated him but maybe it was for the best.

We hit home runs and score runs and we had that great stretch of winning baseball but we've lost 7 in a row as I am typing this. I am glad Wander is up and glad Tsutsugo is gone but the team still has too many moving pieces for my liking. 

I can only pray Glasnow recovers with rehab and is effective in the playoffs. IF we even make it. 

This is about when I should start a freefall in the standings. The Indians can't hit, and now my rotation is Bauer, Nola, and four minor leaguers.

5 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Making the climb

youre doing well. 

i'd be lying if i said I didn't expect your team to be near the top before we started. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

youre doing well. 

i'd be lying if i said I didn't expect your team to be near the top before we started. 

me too, I shoulda been one of the favs, just micromanaging a bit helps

of course I thought Yelich would actually be decent

On 6/24/2021 at 7:04 PM, ZeroTolerance said:

This is about when I should start a freefall in the standings. The Indians can't hit, and now my rotation is Bauer, Nola, and four minor leaguers.

Ahem. I meant to say, now my rotation is Nola and four minor leaguers.

3 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Awesome my 1st pick yelich hurt and sucks

my first pick now Lopez hurt lol

I was most definitely eyeing that dude up.  Very good chance I would have taken him if you hadn't (instead I took a guy who was already on the IL 🤪).  Weird that we didn't hear anything about this until now.  🤔

12 minutes ago, Mookz said:

I was most definitely eyeing that dude up.  Very good chance I would have taken him if you hadn't (instead I took a guy who was already on the IL 🤪).  Weird that we didn't hear anything about this until now.  🤔

Right his last start he had 6 shutout and 11ks against atlanta. I originally had Baez but didn’t like any other pitchers after Lopez all that much. I followed it up by taking posey. On the IL 😂 

On 7/2/2021 at 5:30 PM, ZeroTolerance said:

Ahem. I meant to say, now my rotation is Nola and four minor leaguers.

Haha, and the guy I drafted in the supplemental didn't stay healthy for a week.

On 4/19/2021 at 10:57 AM, cmh6476 said:

This Royals team is exciting.  Kinda feels like the 2013 season, when you almost knew they were on the brink of something big.

With guys like Bobby Witt Jr., Daniel Lynch, Asa Lacy and Jackson Kowar all set to make their big league debuts in the next year or two, the Royals could end up being the team to beat in the AL over the next several years.

Bobby Witt Jr and Nick Pratto, who both played in the MLB futures game, were just called up to Triple A Omaha this week.  I saw these guys play twice this year for the Royals AA affiliate, once in Springfield MO and the other time in Arkansas.  Now we're heading up this week to watch them both play in Omaha. :thumbsup:

22 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

anyone need an OF?

Yelich, Franimal, Grisham, Myers avail

looking for a closer or SP

I am interested in an OF. My bad on the last trade offer you made, I couldn't make up my mind and didn't get a chance to reach out to you.

I'm most interested in Reyes and Grisham probably. Let me know if you see anyone on my roster that might work out.

23 minutes ago, bbascom said:

I am interested in an OF. My bad on the last trade offer you made, I couldn't make up my mind and didn't get a chance to reach out to you.

I'm most interested in Reyes and Grisham probably. Let me know if you see anyone on my roster that might work out.

No worry I sent that when I didn’t understand the rules I’ll look over it

On 7/22/2021 at 7:18 PM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

how come when you set your lineup at like 11pm last night for today it didnt save?

ive noticed that a lot of times when i swap a player it doesn't take. even though it is supposed to auto save with each move. i usually double check before i close the website. also im using the web page and not any sort of yahoo fantasy app.

23 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

ive noticed that a lot of times when i swap a player it doesn't take. even though it is supposed to auto save with each move. i usually double check before i close the website. also im using the web page and not any sort of yahoo fantasy app.

Yah so last night I did it on the computer and it saved. But the other day I was on the app it didnt

11 hours ago, Mookz said:

:thumbsup: nicely picked , GB

On 7/25/2021 at 10:08 AM, WhiteWonder said:

:thumbsup: nicely picked , GB

So far so good.  And now Gomes is back too.

So my brother was semi complaining that he asked me to proxy Baez during the AS supplemental, Seager came back sooner than he thought and Baez got traded to the Mets anyway 😂 but I reminded him Baez would have been drafted by someone else no doubt. 

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Yup...

Somehow I think the Nats will be competitive again before the Os.  <_<

4 hours ago, Mookz said:

Somehow I think the Nats will be competitive again before the Os.  <_<

As great a story and player as Mancini is… I’m not sure why you guys kept him?

On 8/2/2021 at 6:27 PM, WhiteWonder said:

As great a story and player as Mancini is… I’m not sure why you guys kept him?

That's a good question.  I haven't heard whether there were any offers out there for him.  He may actually not have been that highly-coveted a dude.  The story may be greater than the value.  🤔

Varsho looking pretty good for the last 30 days on that flyer pick.

Tellez a bit of a resurgence since the trade to Milwaukee as a 2nd option to Vlad Jr.

Now Luis Robert return from DL.

Hoping for a push to playoffs.

Of course Ryu just had his worst outing all year.  Still not sure about Boyd coming back and now he won't be traded more than likely to a contender.

Graveman traded taking away his closer status.  Certainly still leaves questions.

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

wow I just looked at the score from last week and noticed I won 17-1, and was like wtf?? 

then I saw Colt 45's failed to meet innings requirement

Yup but he met them by .2 IP against me 

On 8/16/2021 at 7:46 PM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

wow I just looked at the score from last week and noticed I won 17-1, and was like wtf?? 

then I saw Colt 45's failed to meet innings requirement

He is like this every year it seems...

it's  race for that last playoff spot, with Burt and WhiteWonder going head to head this week, then I play each of them in the final 2 weeks :headbanger:

13 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

it's  race for that last playoff spot, with Burt and WhiteWonder going head to head this week, then I play each of them in the final 2 weeks :headbanger:

Don’t we have the top 8 make the playoffs?

edit: nevermind 😆

From the "Any Given Sunday" department, in the last five weeks my lowly Os have beaten the top three teams in the league pretty handily, as well as lost (also handily) to the new last-place team.  :dunno:  

On 8/30/2021 at 9:39 AM, Mookz said:

From the "Any Given Sunday" department, in the last five weeks my lowly Os have beaten the top three teams in the league pretty handily, as well as lost (also handily) to the new last-place team.  :dunno:  

Feel free to have a down week :cheers:

54 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Feel free to have a down week :cheers:

CAN DO!  :)

Couple races and jockeying for playoff position in this final week.