WhiteWonder

2021 Season Discussion

On 8/31/2021 at 9:43 AM, WhiteWonder said:

Feel free to have a down week :cheers:

Meh, I'm satisfied with how that turned out.  Fact is, I lost both of the toss-up categories, triples and errors.  One of those flips, and we tie.  :dunno:

21 hours ago, Mookz said:

Meh, I'm satisfied with how that turned out.  Fact is, I lost both of the toss-up categories, triples and errors.  One of those flips, and we tie.  :dunno:

Yeah. At one point I was up 10-5. My team is very inconsistent 

4 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Also more people need custom logos 

I got my "W" hat on for when the go that route...

It will be a miracle if I’m able to contend in any fashion in the playoffs with all the injuries I’ve sustained in recent weeks. 

mclanahan, snell, archer, wander Franco 🤦🏻  For a team that was fringe at best

Cruise to Mexico this past week (offline all week) forgot to set my lineup to auto and that playoffs started. :(

• Sad 1

On 9/18/2021 at 11:36 AM, GuardBum said:

Cruise to Mexico this past week (offline all week) forgot to set my lineup to auto and that playoffs started. :(

its okay. you won

I am steaming focking mad.  up 11-3 heading into the weekend and I may lose 8-8 on a seed tie breaker because Kevin Cash pulls McClanahan after 5 innings and less than 65 pitches so no quality start. Eovaldi also pulled after 5 and no QS. unreal how my offense vanished and I couldn't get one QS from my three best pitchers (including Morton) over the weekend. :wall:

I predict that GuardBum will be advancing to the finals as the Nats have been awful the past couple of weeks...

On 9/20/2021 at 3:28 PM, posty said:

I predict that GuardBum will be advancing to the finals as the Nats have been awful the past couple of weeks...

Well it's quite a cat fight at the moment.  :ninja:

20 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Well it's quite a cat fight at the moment.  :ninja:

Sure is...  I figured it would be a close matchup, but I still didn't like my chances with the way the Jays hitting was going...

Knew my run of never missing the playoffs was pretty well focked when I lost my entire starting rotation, then my two mid-season supplemental picks lasted 2 IP and about one week respectively.

On 9/23/2021 at 4:17 PM, posty said:

Sure is...  I figured it would be a close matchup, but I still didn't like my chances with the way the Jays hitting was going...

Wow, tie-breaker came into play!

Congrats to Nats and Lamebirds, we're getting the 1 vs. 2 matchup that everyone wanted to see.  :bandana:

Didn't think I had a chance to get back even close for a while there this week.  Great battle the last 2 weeks.  1 v 2 should be a good one.

33 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

Didn't think I had a chance to get back even close for a while there this week.  Great battle the last 2 weeks.  1 v 2 should be a good one.

Great effort and had me sweating bullets...  All you needed was Urshela to get a home run or a stolen base last night and you would have won...

4 hours ago, posty said:

The way the Cardinals are playing, this probably won't be close...  I expect to get throttled this week...

Good luck @lambert58...

Good luck Posty.   I am concerned with days off.  Cardinals not playing Today hurts.  

1 minute ago, lambert58 said:

Good luck Posty.   I am concerned with days off.  Cardinals not playing Today hurts.  

Good luck to you as well...  The Nationals are off on Thursday, so we both have six games remaining...

1 minute ago, posty said:

Good luck to you as well...  The Nationals are off on Thursday, so we both have six games remaining...

Should be a good matchup!

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2021 at 2:18 PM, posty said:

Gotta say, your non-Nats lineup is pretty fockin' stacked.  This must be what it's like to have a good team.  🤔

47 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Gotta say, your non-Nats lineup is pretty fockin' stacked.  This must be what it's like to have a good team.  🤔

It only really looks like that because of Turner and Schwarber getting traded...

I knew I was in trouble when the Cards clinched after 17 straight wins.  Started resting starters for the playoffs the last week.  

congrats Posty.  Great season. 

Congrats posty!  :thumbsup:

Greta season all.  :cheers:

Congrats Posty.  

The real life Blue Jays youngsters really stepped it up and played to the hype this year.  Just missed the crazy tiebreaker that could have happened on the last day of the regular season to make the playoffs.  Think we coulda been a contenda...oh well, off to root for my NL Braves then.  But no Acuna will be a tougher run to try and do something this year.

Gained some new players to draft for next season so I'm already looking forward to it. 

League History threada updatored.  :thumbsup:  No teams from last year's top 3 finished in the top 3 this year.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

Congrats Posty.  

The real life Blue Jays youngsters really stepped it up and played to the hype this year.  Just missed the crazy tiebreaker that could have happened on the last day of the regular season to make the playoffs.  Think we coulda been a contenda...oh well, off to root for my NL Braves then.  But no Acuna will be a tougher run to try and do something this year.

Gained some new players to draft for next season so I'm already looking forward to it. 

Same here.  Os might actually have a couple worthwhile exclusives next year, and may get Rutschman early and possibly Gray-Rod at some point.  Pitching is still going to be a huge issue.  <_<

49 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Same here.  Os might actually have a couple worthwhile exclusives next year, and may get Rutschman early and possibly Gray-Rod at some point.  Pitching is still going to be a huge issue.  <_<

If the league didn't have a Mets team I'd almost not have to draft.  3 SP on dcb's roster and 8 players on my draft list only avail to TOR and NYM.

Thank you to everyone...  One thing for sure, this is one tough group to come out on top against...

congrats

Well my draft picks were validated a bit more with Robbie Ray (exclusive) and Corbin Burnes (supplemental) both getting the Cy Young in respective leagues.

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to have Ray and Semien (3rd in MVP) as exclusives again next year depending where they sign and any shift in team rep we may have.  

This was the by far one of my best seasons in a long time and has me already thinking for next year.  Been trying to get excited for Titans and Bruins/Predators but I stuck in baseball, riding the Blue Jays young movement and the Braves championship.  Re-sign Freddy Atlanta... come on!!!

On 11/19/2021 at 9:42 AM, GuardBum said:

Re-sign Freddy Atlanta... come on!!!

:thumbsup: