Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Bears sign Andy Dalton to $10M deal

With chance to earn additional $3M in incentives ūüėĄ

Is he really any better than mitchy?¬†ūü§Ē:dunno:

I’m not so sure what the bears gain here. 

51 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

I was kinda hoping the Texans would bring him home but not for $10 million.

They got tyrod taylor for more money

The Bears showing why they haven't had a good QB since Sid Luckman

Dalton is an excellent back up but he shouldn't be the starter on a team that wants to win

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

They got tyrod taylor for more money

Almost 6 million up to 12 with incentives

The Trib left town, he’s now a back up with the Bills. 

Thats a very good move from him and for the Bills. 

On 3/16/2021 at 4:40 PM, weepaws said:

I’m not so sure what the bears gain here. 

The Bears have been killed by a GM trying to cover his blunder of not only choosing Trubisky but using extra draft capital to get him, then making blunder after blunder trying to cover the previous blunders............. continually trading more future draft capital and allocating cap space poorly with reckless abandon. They have Dalton because that is who they could afford.

They have to cut players who are viable because they don't have the space. I hope everyone is enjoying that trade for Kalil Mack which was all about GM shot to save his job for a couple of more years even though he knew Trubisky could never get it done at that point (yeah they knew, they watched him in practice every day) plus trading away any chance a future GM would have of replacing Trubisky while giving Mack a market contract that not even Gruden was willing to................those couple of years where the Bears looked like a rising team were a castle built on sand and it really was clear at the time to anyone who looked beyond the headlines. It's not Trubisky's fault that he's not superman BTW, it's all about Ryan Pace, worst capital allocator I've ever seen bar none, but heh, you can get yourself GM of the year if you are willing to go all in with someone else' money and f$ck the future for every body else.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

1 hour ago, lesjroza said:

The Bears have been killed by a GM trying to cover his blunder of not only choosing Trubisky but using extra draft capital to get him, then making blunder after blunder trying to cover the previous blunders............. continually trading more future draft capital and allocating cap space poorly with reckless abandon. They have Dalton because that is who they could afford.

They have to cut players who are viable because they don't have the space. I hope everyone is enjoying that trade for Kalil Mack which was all about GM shot to save his job for a couple of more years even though he knew Trubisky could never get it done at that point (yeah they knew, they watched him in practice every day) plus trading away any chance a future GM would have of replacing Trubisky while giving Mack a market contract that not even Gruden was willing to................those couple of years where the Bears looked like a rising team were a castle built on sand and it really was clear at the time to anyone who looked beyond the headlines. It's not Trubisky's fault that he's not superman BTW, it's all about Ryan Pace, worst capital allocator I've ever seen bar none, but heh, you can get yourself GM of the year if you are willing to go all in with someone else' money and f$ck the future for every body else.

I hated the hiring from day 1. Everyone equated Ryan Pace coming from the Saints as instant success. I saw it as coming from a team who has wasted the potential of an all time great qb. The Saints had some down years while Pace was there

The Bears ownership is cheap. They always have been. Thats why him and Nagy kept their jobs this year, despite the undeniable evidence that they both suck.

Now they have to cut one of the best corners in the history of the franchise to make room for Andy Dalton.... find me someone who thinks this is a good swap. I want to know who I never can trust with a football opinion ever again

4 hours ago, lesjroza said:

I would have kept Trib over Dalton. 

On 3/18/2021 at 10:14 PM, lesjroza said:

The Bears have been killed by a GM trying to cover his blunder of not only choosing Trubisky but using extra draft capital.

The team is a very good team. Shows what happens when you mess up on QB. 

I think Trubisky will make a nice living for himself at the very least. He came out after freshmen or sophmore year right?

Didn't have the grooming although many teams thought highly of him. If he would have been in a similar situation like Rodgers sitting on the bench behind Favre for years, who knows?

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

The team is a very good team. Shows what happens when you mess up on QB. 

I think Trubisky will make a nice living for himself at the very least. He came out after freshmen or sophmore year right?

Didn't have the grooming although many teams thought highly of him. If he would have been in a similar situation like Rodgers sitting on the bench behind Favre for years, who knows?

it can still happen, but it is also possible hes been ruined  too.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

it can still happen, but it is also possible hes been ruined  too.

And possible he was just never THAT good in the first place.  A lot more guys HAVE potential than REACH their potential.  He's a solid backup quality journeyman NFL QB, but it's sad to see the QBs on the board when he was picked...

18 hours ago, AxeElf said:

And possible he was just never THAT good in the first place.  A lot more guys HAVE potential than REACH their potential.  He's a solid backup quality journeyman NFL QB, but it's sad to see the QBs on the board when he was picked...

It's sad to see Watson going thru his crap. May not have been a great pick after all. Who knows? But also, there were a lot of teams that passed on those later QBs. There were questions about all of them.