Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Bears sign Andy Dalton to $10M deal

With chance to earn additional $3M in incentives 😄

I’m not so sure what the bears gain here. 

51 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

I was kinda hoping the Texans would bring him home but not for $10 million.

They got tyrod taylor for more money

The Bears showing why they haven't had a good QB since Sid Luckman

Dalton is an excellent back up but he shouldn't be the starter on a team that wants to win

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

They got tyrod taylor for more money

Almost 6 million up to 12 with incentives

The Trib left town, he’s now a back up with the Bills. 

Thats a very good move from him and for the Bills. 

On 3/16/2021 at 4:40 PM, weepaws said:

I’m not so sure what the bears gain here. 

The Bears have been killed by a GM trying to cover his blunder of not only choosing Trubisky but using extra draft capital to get him, then making blunder after blunder trying to cover the previous blunders............. continually trading more future draft capital and allocating cap space poorly with reckless abandon. They have Dalton because that is who they could afford.

They have to cut players who are viable because they don't have the space. I hope everyone is enjoying that trade for Kalil Mack which was all about GM shot to save his job for a couple of more years even though he knew Trubisky could never get it done at that point (yeah they knew, they watched him in practice every day) plus trading away any chance a future GM would have of replacing Trubisky while giving Mack a market contract that not even Gruden was willing to................those couple of years where the Bears looked like a rising team were a castle built on sand and it really was clear at the time to anyone who looked beyond the headlines. It's not Trubisky's fault that he's not superman BTW, it's all about Ryan Pace, worst capital allocator I've ever seen bar none, but heh, you can get yourself GM of the year if you are willing to go all in with someone else' money and f$ck the future for every body else.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

1 hour ago, lesjroza said:

The Bears have been killed by a GM trying to cover his blunder of not only choosing Trubisky but using extra draft capital to get him, then making blunder after blunder trying to cover the previous blunders............. continually trading more future draft capital and allocating cap space poorly with reckless abandon. They have Dalton because that is who they could afford.

They have to cut players who are viable because they don't have the space. I hope everyone is enjoying that trade for Kalil Mack which was all about GM shot to save his job for a couple of more years even though he knew Trubisky could never get it done at that point (yeah they knew, they watched him in practice every day) plus trading away any chance a future GM would have of replacing Trubisky while giving Mack a market contract that not even Gruden was willing to................those couple of years where the Bears looked like a rising team were a castle built on sand and it really was clear at the time to anyone who looked beyond the headlines. It's not Trubisky's fault that he's not superman BTW, it's all about Ryan Pace, worst capital allocator I've ever seen bar none, but heh, you can get yourself GM of the year if you are willing to go all in with someone else' money and f$ck the future for every body else.

I hated the hiring from day 1. Everyone equated Ryan Pace coming from the Saints as instant success. I saw it as coming from a team who has wasted the potential of an all time great qb. The Saints had some down years while Pace was there

The Bears ownership is cheap. They always have been. Thats why him and Nagy kept their jobs this year, despite the undeniable evidence that they both suck.

Now they have to cut one of the best corners in the history of the franchise to make room for Andy Dalton.... find me someone who thinks this is a good swap. I want to know who I never can trust with a football opinion ever again

4 hours ago, lesjroza said:

I would have kept Trib over Dalton. 

On 3/18/2021 at 10:14 PM, lesjroza said:

The Bears have been killed by a GM trying to cover his blunder of not only choosing Trubisky but using extra draft capital.

The team is a very good team. Shows what happens when you mess up on QB. 

I think Trubisky will make a nice living for himself at the very least. He came out after freshmen or sophmore year right?

Didn't have the grooming although many teams thought highly of him. If he would have been in a similar situation like Rodgers sitting on the bench behind Favre for years, who knows?

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I think Trubisky will make a nice living for himself at the very least. He came out after freshmen or sophmore year right?

Didn't have the grooming although many teams thought highly of him. If he would have been in a similar situation like Rodgers sitting on the bench behind Favre for years, who knows?

it can still happen, but it is also possible hes been ruined  too.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

it can still happen, but it is also possible hes been ruined  too.

And possible he was just never THAT good in the first place.  A lot more guys HAVE potential than REACH their potential.  He's a solid backup quality journeyman NFL QB, but it's sad to see the QBs on the board when he was picked...

18 hours ago, AxeElf said:

And possible he was just never THAT good in the first place.  A lot more guys HAVE potential than REACH their potential.  He's a solid backup quality journeyman NFL QB, but it's sad to see the QBs on the board when he was picked...

It's sad to see Watson going thru his crap. May not have been a great pick after all. Who knows? But also, there were a lot of teams that passed on those later QBs. There were questions about all of them.

On 3/28/2021 at 3:16 PM, Utilit99 said:

A player has to be out of high school for 3 years before they can be drafted. 

36 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He played sparingly in his first 2 seasons... he only was the regular starter for 1 season.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/mitch-trubisky-1/gamelog/

The guy has all the tools. I think most teams liked him when he came out. Either it was the Bears crappy coaching or he was simply not ready yet I don't know. He's on a great team as a backup to Allen though.

23 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

The guy has all the tools. I think most teams liked him when he came out. Either it was the Bears crappy coaching or he was simply not ready yet I don't know. He's on a great team as a backup to Allen though.

It's only 1 year though.  Personally, I think Trubisky really did himself a disservice by signing in Buffalo.  He's never going to get snaps, barring an injury and he probably shouldn't be getting any anyways.  Think about it, you have Atlanta, Philadelphia, Detroit, San Francisco, Carolina, Tampa, New England, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, and Las Vegas who all have QB's who are 1 to 2 years away from moving on from their current QB.  He should have signed a 2 year deal and go to any one of those teams and sit behind their guy and learn and develop.

I think he made an excellent move going to the Bills. 

18 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think he made an excellent move going to the Bills. 

Never playing and cashing a paycheck?  I guess an argument can be made for that.  Not a good career move though.

18 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Never playing and cashing a paycheck?  I guess an argument can be made for that.  Not a good career move though.

You can prove that it’s not a good career move? you don’t know how it’s going to play out. N

12 minutes ago, weepaws said:

You can prove that it’s not a good career move, you don’t know how it’s going to play out. N

Well, it's a bad one if he wants to be a starter someday.  He might have a long career as a backup.  I just didn't think that's what he was looking for.  I'm guessing he had to settle for this deal.  As I mentioned in a earlier post, there's about a third of the leagues teams that he could have gone to and be a backup (and potential starter in the near future), but he didn't sign with any of them.  My guess is because those teams didn't want him.  If he wants a team like that to be interested in him next season, taking a backup role where he's unlikely to take a snap, isn't really a good idea.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well, it's a bad one if he wants to be a starter someday.  He might have a long career as a backup.  I just didn't think that's what he was looking for.  I'm guessing he had to settle for this deal.  As I mentioned in a earlier post, there's about a third of the leagues teams that he could have gone to and be a backup (and potential starter in the near future), but he didn't sign with any of them.  My guess is because those teams didn't want him.  If he wants a team like that to be interested in him next season, taking a backup role where he's unlikely to take a snap, isn't really a good idea.

Do you recall some Qb named N Foles, one never knows, back up Qb , to super bowl hero. 

Lets not forget. 

Amen. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Do you recall some Qb named N Foles, one never knows, back up Qb , to super bowl hero. 

Lets not forget. 

Amen. 

Yeah, let's also not forget what the two QB's were before their new teams.

Doesn’t mean it couldn’t get better, he’s going to be on a much better team,  and one never knows what’s going to happen. 

Very good move for him. 

Amen. 

honestly Daltons stats were solid up to the point where the line went to crap.   The LT got signed away and they never replaced him.   After that Dalton became more inconsistent as a QB.

I think in a better situation hes serviceable.   But at this point in his career, he needs a line that is no worse than adequate..   if it is below average or poor, Dalton may not be what you want him to be.

24 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

honestly Daltons stats were solid up to the point where the line went to crap.   The LT got signed away and they never replaced him.   After that Dalton became more inconsistent as a QB.

I think in a better situation hes serviceable.   But at this point in his career, he needs a line that is no worse than adequate..   if it is below average or poor, Dalton may not be what you want him to be.

He’s going to be the Qb of a team that lacks playmakers at this moment. 

Just now, weepaws said:

He’s going to be the Qb of a team that lacks playmakers at this moment. 

maybe so.   and that may be a problem.   Even if they draft a WR with an early pick, its probably a full year until hes ready for primetime.

not saying it cant happen, but most WR's take at least a year after they are drafted before breaking out.   This is probably a realistic assumption.

That being said, with this offense if he puts up serviceable numbers, hes done his job. 

Not sure what the bears plans are here but its generally not been a good place for offensive players to go.    The offense has lacked here for a very long time.   I cant blame Dalton for signing here.  In his position, if they give you a chance to start, hes wise to take it as he may not get another chance anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

maybe so.   and that may be a problem.   Even if they draft a WR with an early pick, its probably a full year until hes ready for primetime.

not saying it cant happen, but most WR's take at least a year after they are drafted before breaking out.   This is probably a realistic assumption.

That being said, with this offense if he puts up serviceable numbers, hes done his job. 

Not sure what the bears plans are here but its generally not been a good place for offensive players to go.    The offense has lacked here for a very long time.   I cant blame Dalton for signing here.  In his position, if they give you a chance to start, hes wise to take it as he may not get another chance anywhere else.

I agree about that, Dalton wants to start, and he found a team that wants him to be their starter.  When comes to ff, not going to be worthy of much. 

On 4/13/2021 at 8:37 PM, weepaws said:

I agree about that, Dalton wants to start, and he found a team that wants him to be their starter.  When comes to ff, not going to be worthy of much. 

depends on  your  league.

in leagues where you only start 1 QB hes worthless.  but I can see him having value in any superflex or leagues starting 2 QB.

Then again in those leagues any QB who is expected to play gets rostered so the bar is kinda low.

I’ll probably pick him up once or twice next season, I draft one Qb and it’s late, I like playing matchups with Qb. 

Just like tes and kickers Nd def. , same difference. 

So I don’t think he’ll be drafted, so I might start him sometime during the season.