Big Guy

2021 NFL Draft Talk

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm not asking you about Mitchell, I was asking you about Brady.  If Brady posted elite TE numbers, would you still say that the Jets were wrong?  My point is, your argument is solely based on the results.  Which you didn't know until after the fact.  At the time, the Jets thought they were getting a better TE who was younger and cheaper.  Why pay Mitchell, $5M (just a random number), when you can pay Brady $2M and get better results?  Also, as I said earlier, you have no idea what went on with the Jets and Mitchell.  He might have said he didn't want to play football much longer.  He might have said that he doesn't want to play in NJ.  You're just calling the Jets wrong because Brady didn't yield the expect results.

My argument is that when you have a borderline elite TE locked up for the next season, its stupid to draft another TE.  Stop telling me what my argument is!

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

My argument is that when you have a borderline elite TE locked up for the next season, its stupid to draft another TE.  Stop telling me what my argument is!

Sorry, you're argument was stupid.  Not my fault.

• Haha 1

Cowboys will need to draft a QB in the mid rounds given that Dak was tailspinning in 2020 before he got injured. 

Hoping thr Packers select players that may help them this year...unlike the disaster last year 

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Cowboys will need to draft a QB in the mid rounds given that Dak was tailspinning in 2020 before he got injured. 

No.... but a legit back up qb is a priority to sign. 

Alex Smith fits that bill, love to see him here. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Kelce was a 3rd rounder, Kittle a 5th and Andrews another 3rd rounder. 

You don't take TEs in the 1st, you can find them later. 

Yep. The bust rate at TE in the first is extremely high and teams draft good TEs on day 2 or later every year. I think Goedert is a stud and it was still a dumb pick for the Eagles. Arguably their best young player the past few drafts only gets on the field when they go 12 personnel and he’ll be due for an extension after basically one year of starting.

Heckuva job Howie.

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Hoping thr Packers select players that may help them this year...unlike the disaster last year 

I think that was a great pick.  When Brady retires in 2 years, that's the perfect time for the Packers to make the switch and the Bucs can win more Super Bowls with Rodgers.

On 3/18/2021 at 12:16 PM, Cruzer said:

Kelce was a 3rd rounder, Kittle a 5th and Andrews another 3rd rounder. 

You don't take TEs in the 1st, you can find them later. 

What was that TE Jerry Jones took early, like maybe the 2nd round. Escobar?

I saw a war room video of him taking that pick, and Jason Garrett just wilted. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

What was that TE Jerry Jones took early, like maybe the 2nd round. Escobar?

I saw a war room video of him taking that pick, and Jason Garrett just wilted. 

It was a 2nd...I too just about shiit my pants.

But old Jerry has a soft spot. A few years later he took Jaylon Smith there, thus letting Escobar off the hook as possibly the worst 2nd rd. pick ever...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Saints got fined a draft pick being a bad boy.  The Patriots have lost draft picks for being a bad boy.  But does that really hurt them?  The Patriots can just go nuts in free agency.  Maybe the NFL police should think about free agency restrictions as punishment for rule-breaking instead.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:35 PM, JustinCharge said:

I can't name a single team that, over the past 5 years, has drafted 3 guys the caliber of Herbert, Bosa, and James.  And not only that, those are arguably the three most important positions on a team.  James just can't stay healthy.  If he stays healthy this year, he transforms that defense.

You should check out some of the Saints drafts

Super Bowl 55 featured 2 QBs that entered the game already with at least 1 ring.  When was the last time that happened and one of the QBs was NOT named Tom Brady?

Super Bowl 18.  Theismann vs Plunkett.    It has never happened besides Super Bowl 18. 

SB 13 was Bradshaw vs Staubach and they both had rings entering that game, but Terry Bradshaw used to use Tom Brady as an alias.

On 3/20/2021 at 7:40 AM, Cruzer said:

It was a 2nd...I too just about shiit my pants.

But old Jerry has a soft spot. A few years later he took Jaylon Smith there, thus letting Escobar off the hook as possibly the worst 2nd rd. pick ever...

🤣 Dude. You kill me with your homer perspective. I truly feel your pain.

7 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

🤣 Dude. You kill me with your homer perspective. I truly feel your pain.

One thing you can't say, I'm not a RAH, RAH ass kissing blind homer! :D

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

One thing you can't say, I'm not a RAH, RAH ass kissing blind homer! :D

This would be true. :D 

Free Agency grades:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nfl-free-agency-grades-browns-buccaneers-jets-vikings-among-smart-deal-makers/

Teams that got an A:  Bills, Browns, Chiefs, CHARGERS, Vikings, Jets, Buccaneers, Redskins

Teams that got a D : Bears

Chargers signed 2 OL and TE Jared Cook.  

Chargers might go BPA which also fills a need and select either of the pass rush DE stars Rousseau or Jaelan Phillips.

12 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Free Agency grades:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nfl-free-agency-grades-browns-buccaneers-jets-vikings-among-smart-deal-makers/

Teams that got an A:  Bills, Browns, Chiefs, CHARGERS, Vikings, Jets, Buccaneers, Redskins

This article was published 20 hours ago, yet they made no mention of most of the big moves Dallas even made? Yea, I wouldn't put too much credence in this piece. 

* Signing Keanu Neal was a pretty solid move.. Look for Dallas to still possibly go CB with the 10th overall pick and add even more secondary help later. 

* Brent Urban and Carlos Watkins were both signed to shore up the defensive front. Talk about some much needed beef there - Urban is huge. 

* Tarell Basham was signed, a much needed physical presence at the LB position. 

* And least not forget, Dallas inked Dak. All the speculation and worrying about QB has been put to bed.

Now, whether or not these moves amount to much, time will tell. But will at least applaud the Jones boys for addressing the defense for once.

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

This article was published 20 hours ago, yet they made no mention of most of the big moves Dallas even made? Yea, I wouldn't put too much credence in this piece. 

* Signing Keanu Neal was a pretty solid move.. Look for Dallas to still possibly go CB with the 10th overall pick and add even more secondary help later. 

* Brent Urban and Carlos Watkins were both signed to shore up the defensive front. Talk about some much needed beef there - Urban is huge. 

* And least not forget, Dallas inked Dak. All the speculation and worrying about QB has been put to bed.

Now, whether or not these moves amount to much, time will tell. But will at least applaud the Jones boys for addressing the defense for once.

I very much like the FA moves the Cowboys made last week, it loosens up the upcoming Draft.

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Keanu is switching to wlb

• Like 1

Whole bunch of trades went down. 49’rs up to three, Eagles back to 12, Dolphins to 6. 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Whole bunch of trades went down. 49’rs up to three, Eagles back to 12, Dolphins to 6. 

My guesses are 9erswant Wilson hoping Jets take thr Tackle.  If not they also like one of Fields and Lance.  Not sure which.  Ill say Lance.  

Mia is giving Tua a fair look while they load up on talent and possibly take a new QB in a couple years.  As for this draft Jamar Chase or Smith to reunite with Tua at 6.

Eagles not sure.  Rebuild.  Gain picks.  Not in QB market.   

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

My guesses are 9erswant Wilson hoping Jets take thr Tackle.  If not they also like one of Fields and Lance.  Not sure which.  Ill say Lance.  

Mia is giving Tua a fair look while they load up on talent and possibly take a new QB in a couple years.  As for this draft Jamar Chase or Smith to reunite with Tua at 6.

Eagles not sure.  Rebuild.  Gain picks.  Not in QB market.   

I read the Eagles tried to get to two but the Jets said no so the Eagles went back and picked up more picks. Good move for them if Hurts works out. May be a short rebuild if that’s the case. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I read the Eagles tried to get to two but the Jets said no so the Eagles went back and picked up more picks. Good move for them if Hurts works out. May be a short rebuild if that’s the case. 

Hard to say what the Jets want.  If they want to move Darnold they basically missed that boat and many QB chips have fallen.    I know they love the LT.  And realistically the Bengals at 5 would take the LT.  So perhaps that made them not want to move from the spot rather than being all in on Wilson.   

Not many if any realistic landing spots for Darnold in a trade now.  Makes me believe they sit at 2 and take the tackle from Oregon.

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Hard to say what the Jets want.  If they want to move Darnold they basically missed that boat and many QB chips have fallen.    I know they love the LT.  And realistically the Bengals at 5 would take the LT.  So perhaps that made them not want to move from the spot rather than being all in on Wilson.   

Not many if any realistic landing spots for Darnold in a trade now.  Makes me believe they sit at 2 and take the tackle from Oregon.

Seems the Jets are going QB. I’m sure the Eagles made a good offer, plus they had the 6 pick. Jets can’t be thinking they will do better and any player they want at 2 has a good chance of being there at 6 if 3 QB’s go 1-2-3. 

Lawrence one and after his pro day today, Wilson is locked in at 2.

Draft starts with the third pick. 

what are the experts saying Philly will do at 2?

46 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

So the Eagles and Jets sit at #2 and #3.  What are the odds neither do something dumb?

The Eagles are at 12.  It's the Niners who got the #3 pick.  Unless something changed recently.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The Eagles are at 12.  It's the Niners who got the #3 pick.  Unless something changed recently.

can any of you post the current 1st round?

Or direct me to a good page

50 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

what are the experts saying Philly will do at 2?

Finish lunch most likely.  

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Finish lunch most likely.  

eating Crow again?

58 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

eating Crow again?

Cowboy fans are in no position. HTH. 

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yah I saw that later.  just really busy today.

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cowboy fans are in no position. HTH. 

said the Giants fan 🤣

17 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

said the Giants fan 🤣

I’m not the one talking about anyine in the division eating crow. We all suck. You guys more than most. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m not the one talking about anyine in the division eating crow. We all suck. You guys more than most. 

haha