Big Guy

2021 NFL Draft Talk

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

:mad:

not a fan I take it 

I'm getting quite excited about the Draft.....and I still want Kyle Pitts @ 1.10 ( if he's there )

Purely out of spite lol, I don't want the Gnats or Iggles to have him

7 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

not a fan I take it 

Honestly I have not seen Darnold play a lot.  I just wasn’t expecting it, is he even an upgrade over Teddy Bridgwater?  

15 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Honestly I have not seen Darnold play a lot.  I just wasn’t expecting it, is he even an upgrade over Teddy Bridgwater?  

Darnold isn’t that bad. He’s worth a shot with Rhule. Gates was a mess. 

2 hours ago, BufordT said:

Great move by Carolina.

Well damn, y’all making me feel better.  Joe Brady a good OC for us too.  Maybe Darnold just needs a fresh start. 

Teddy is and will not be happy, not sure how that plays out.  They may trade him for *something* and still draft a QB 8th.  Who knows.  

Bridgewater isn’t bad at all, he’s just not a Franchise QB.  Low tier starter / upper tier backup.  

10 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Well damn, y’all making me feel better.  Joe Brady a good OC for us too.  Maybe Darnold just needs a fresh start. 

Teddy is and will not be happy, not sure how that plays out.  They may trade him for *something* and still draft a QB 6th.  Who knows.  

Bridgewater isn’t bad at all, he’s just not a Franchise QB.  Low tier starter / upper tier backup.  

Agree 100% with your Bridgewater assessment.  I would like to see Carolina add a WR1ish to their roster though.  Anderson, Moore and umm Moore are nice little #2's

9 minutes ago, BufordT said:

Agree 100% with your Bridgewater assessment.  I would like to see Carolina add a WR1ish to their roster though.  Anderson, Moore and umm Moore are nice little #2's

DJ Moore is a number 2 in your eyes? Kid isnt 3ven 24 yet and just posted back to back 1100 yard seasons in 15 games a piece......with very average QB play.  

They have good WRs

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

only against the Cowboys.......dude had a career day against us!  We made him look like the GOAT

So Lawrence 1 and Wilson 2 is all but done.

Draft starts with the 3rd pick.  Most everyone thinks QB's could legit go 1 thru 4.  I hope it happens now with the Panthers at 8.  

Would have whats left between OT Sewell, TE Kyle Pitts, or one of the big three WR's (Chase, Waddle, D.Smith) on the board.  

Also, Patriots, we'll give you Bridgewater and a 4th rounder for Stephon Gilmore.  LFG.  

"With the sixth overall pick in the 2021 draft, the Miami Dolphins select..."

99% sure it'll be Pitts or Waddle.  As a Florida Gator fan, I watched a lot of Pitts..... he looks like the surest thing in the draft. 

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

"With the sixth overall pick in the 2021 draft, the Miami Dolphins select..."

99% sure it'll be Pitts or Waddle.  As a Florida Gator fan, I watched a lot of Pitts..... he looks like the surest thing in the draft. 

Is Waddle ranked by most over the Heisman Trophy winner from the same team?  I am admittedly late to the draft party and just getting caught up.  

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Is Waddle ranked by most over the Heisman Trophy winner from the same team?  I am admittedly late to the draft party and just getting caught up.  

I noticed that too.  Weird.  Waddle is a junior so maybe he's just more naturally talented.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

I noticed that too.  Weird.  Waddle is a junior so maybe he's just more naturally talented.  :dunno:

As good as D.Smith looked last year, and boy did he ever, he was like a video game out there.....he looks really really skinny.  Maybe durability concerns in the NFL is the issue.  Of course I think Waddle missed time to with an injury.  It will be interesting who goes first between the two teammates.  .  

I think the 2nd wr spot is up for debate.  Depends if you want a ruggs or a jeudy type prospect.  Both are pretty small.

I prefer Smith

I just read where the Jets have drafted 10 QB's in the last 15 Drafts.  This is like the dude who's been married 4 times.  At a certain point you have to look in the mirror and say "It's not them, it's Me"  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I just read where the Jets have drafted 10 QB's in the last 15 Drafts.  This is like the dude who's been married 4 times.  At a certain point you have to look in the mirror and say "It's not them, it's Me"  

Cleveland has a longer list of crazy ex's 🤪

26 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

What? Is rusty back?

Stafford got DET a 3rd and two 1st rounders - and all they could get for Darnold was that? 

Ha, wow. 

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Stafford got DET a 3rd and two 1st rounders - and all they could get for Darnold was that? 

Ha, wow. 

Detroit took on Goffs huge salary.  

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Detroit took on Goffs huge salary.  

Yea, there is that I guess. 

I would take a shot on Darnold - hard to judge a dude just bcoz he didn't do well with the Jets...........who ever does? 

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Yea, there is that I guess. 

I would take a shot on Darnold - hard to judge a dude just bcoz he didn't do well with the Jets...........who ever does? 

I never thought a Southern California kid was a good fit for NY. Didn’t want the Giants taking him or Rosen. Darnold might step up out of NY. 

14 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

DJ Moore is a number 2 in your eyes? Kid isnt 3ven 24 yet and just posted back to back 1100 yard seasons in 15 games a piece......with very average QB play.  

They have good WRs

Ummkay.  In that case, I'll move him up in my 2021 WR rankings.  Hello 75/1200/4.

1 hour ago, BufordT said:

Ummkay.  In that case, I'll move him up in my 2021 WR rankings.  Hello 75/1200/4.

What?

17 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Was Josh Rosen busy?

12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I never thought a Southern California kid was a good fit for NY. Didn’t want the Giants taking him or Rosen. Darnold might step up out of NY. 

I heard a stat last year.......no USC qb has ever started a SB. Is that right? Wow. 

12 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I heard a stat last year.......no USC qb has ever started a SB. Is that right? Wow. 

Think so. Don’t think an Ohio State one has either. 

12 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

No Buckeye or Clemson Tiger QB has started a super bowl either.  I think that's it for the big programs.  The Florida Gators were also on the list until Rex Grossman started in a Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

No Buckeye or Clemson Tiger QB has started a super bowl either.  I think that's it for the big programs.  The Florida Gators were also on the list until Rex Grossman started in a Super Bowl.

Texas? 

A lot of buzz with the Cowboys potentially taking a LT at 10. 

Initially I was opposed to this, but given the all the moves Jerry has made on the defensive side of the ball - I won't be upset if they go that route. There are good tackles to be had in the 2nd and 3rd, but Sewell and Slater are studs.. And really, anything that gets Connor Williams off the field is a blessing - that dude flat out sucks. 

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Initially I was opposed to this, but given the all the moves Jerry has made on the defensive side of the ball - I won't be upset if they go that route. There are good tackles to be had in the 2nd and 3rd, but Sewell and Slater are studs.. And really, anything that gets Connor Williams off the field is a blessing - that dude flat out sucks. 

I guess i'm ok with Sewell or Slater at 10 but it's much like vegetables, you know they're good for you but it's not what I'm craving.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

How does Sewell drop to 10?

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

How does Sewell drop to 10?

possibly 5 QB's in the 1st

4 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

possibly 5 QB's in the 1st

Yeah but Sewell is a lock at a really important position, no?

29 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah but Sewell is a lock at a really important position, no?

Outside of Lawrence to the Jags, there aren't any locks this year.

None of the top 4 teams are taking a LT, so Cinci at 5 seems like a likely fit. But there are more than a handful of really solid LTs this year - one could be had in the 2nd or even 3rd. I would not be shocked to see the Bengals give Borough a new toy in Pitts or Chase... And if he gets past them, there's a good chance he falls to 7, with some mocks having Sewell sliding all the way down to 9 and Denver. If he can fall to 9, what's one more at 10?

More than likely he won't be there, but at 10 - you at least have to entertain the possibility. 

13 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Outside of Lawrence to the Jags, there aren't any locks this year.

None of the top 4 teams are taking a LT, so Cinci at 5 seems like a likely fit. But there are more than a handful of really solid LTs this year - one could be had in the 2nd or even 3rd. I would not be shocked to see the Bengals give Borough a new toy in Pitts or Chase... And if he gets past them, there's a good chance he falls to 7, with some mocks having Sewell sliding all the way down to 9 and Denver. If he can fall to 9, what's one more at 10?

More than likely he won't be there, but at 10 - you at least have to entertain the possibility. 

What about Atlanta? They won't draft a QB will they?

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What about Atlanta? They won't draft a QB will they?

Idk what's going on in the Falcons' camp. 

What I do know is that most mocks have ATL taking Pitts.. I've only seen 1 mock where ATL takes Sewell, but not at 4. In that mock they had them trading down and taking him at 9.