Big Guy

2021 NFL Draft Talk

Read Jerruh is in love with Pitts and may trade up. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Read Jerruh is in love with Pitts and may trade up. Lol. 

When sitting at 10 - you only trade up for a QB or DE... This is a hoax. 

Cowboys stay put and draft a CB, Surtain or Horn.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Cowboys stay put and draft a CB, Surtain or Horn.

If both are there at 10, I try like hell to move down a spot or 2. 

I can't wait for the Draft.....I wonder how much of it I'll get to see, probably only what free youtube gives me

8 hours ago, Big Guy said:

I can't wait for the Draft.....I wonder how much of it I'll get to see, probably only what free youtube gives me

It will be on ABC, ESPN and NFLN

1 hour ago, kutulu said:

It will be on ABC, ESPN and NFLN

I don't have any of those thanks

On 4/9/2021 at 9:56 AM, Big Guy said:

I don't have any of those thanks

I have ABC through antenna and can stream the others. Guess first night will be ABC.

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I have ABC through antenna and can stream the others. Guess first night will be ABC.

cool.....yeah I have a ROKU, but no live TV of any sort. We recently downsized HULU which is where I would normally watch it. I guess I might be able to find something live on Youtube.

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

cool.....yeah I have a ROKU, but no live TV of any sort. We recently downsized HULU which is where I would normally watch it. I guess I might be able to find something live on Youtube.

Live stream is cool for ESPN and others but will go out at times. I have Firesticks though and can't get that on Roku.

• Like 1

I might listen to it on the radio.  I'm not sure why I even need video to hear them announce picks?

• Like 1

we're a week away 😜

I'm just hoping my Boys draft at least 1 token white guy

12 hours ago, Big Guy said:

we're a week away 😜

I'm just hoping my Boys draft at least 1 token white guy

With NY and PHI right behind us at 11 and 12 - going to be a very interesting draft for sure. 

And no doubt, they both will be getting quality players too. 

On 4/18/2021 at 2:04 AM, Big Guy said:

Jason Licht at #3 is way too generous.  If Belichick keeps Brady, Jason Licht is out of a job right now.  That said, he's not that bad either.  I'd say he's in the top 10... but back end, maybe even just outside the top 10.  I'm only basing that on his feast or famine drafts.  I'm not really sure how good or bad other GM's are.

• Like 1

I don't really follow college football all that much, so I don't really know how these kids rate.  Any of you guys have any names of some solid OL or DL players that could be there at pick #32?  My preference is that the Bucs trade down and accrue more picks by trading down... preferably a 1st(s), or 2nd(s) for next year.  Picking at #32 two or three years in a row is only enviable before the draft.

26 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't really follow college football all that much, so I don't really know how these kids rate.  Any of you guys have any names of some solid OL or DL players that could be there at pick #32?  My preference is that the Bucs trade down and accrue more picks by trading down... preferably a 1st(s), or 2nd(s) for next year.  Picking at #32 two or three years in a row is only enviable before the draft.

I don't either.....I usually just get to know of some of the players a month or so before the draft.

29 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You aren't going to reap a bonanza from a 32 unless players are included.  Use the pick and grab a 5 star HS lineman who has spent 3-4 years in the SEC or Big Ten. There should be one available at 32.

27 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You aren't going to reap a bonanza from a 32 unless players are included.  Use the pick and grab a 5 star HS lineman who has spent 3-4 years in the SEC or Big Ten. There should be one available at 32.

Yeah, I'm not expecting a boon for that pick specifically, but I'm thinking that the drop off at that point won't be that big where maybe they can trade down maybe a couple of times and end up picking in the mid-2nd round, like pick 45-50. If they can get a 1 or 2 or couple of 2's by moving back a few times, that would be ideal.  Picks this year aren't as important as they're only addressing depth.  I can't imagine that the player they could get at 32 would be markedly better than the guy they could get at say... 48.

55 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

End or DT? 

Rousseau from MIA will probably be there.  6'7.  They lined him in the middle sometimes but dont think he can do that in the pros.   A 1 year wonder of sorts.  Hes good at chasing QBs down as the move up or move out of the pocket.  Raw in terms of straight up beating the tackle with good rush moves but that is something that can be worked on.  His teammate will go mid 1st.  Rousseau may have just as much upside tho.

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

End or DT? 

Rousseau from MIA will probably be there.  6'7.  They lined him in the middle sometimes but dont think he can do that in the pros.   A 1 year wonder of sorts.  Hes good at chasing QBs down as the move up or move out of the pocket.  Raw in terms of straight up beating the tackle with good rush moves but that is something that can be worked on.  His teammate will go mid 1st.  Rousseau may have just as much upside tho.

Either spot on the line.  I can't imagine JPP or Suh being around after this year and certainly not after the following year.  Those skill sets would match the Bucs could use.  

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

OT Dillon Radunz - N Dakota State
OT Liam Eichenberg - Notre Dame
OT James Hudson - Cincinnati
OT Alex Leatherwood - Alabama OT Sam Cosmi - Texas

G Wyatt Davis - Ohio State
G Trey Smith - Tennessee
G Aaron Banks - Notre Dame

C Landon Dickerson - Alabama
C Josh Myers - Ohio State
C Quinn Meinerz - Wisconsin-Whitewater

DL Levi Onwuzurike - Washington
DL Daviyon Nixon - Iowa
DL Marlon Tuipulotu - Southern Cal
DL Marvin Wilson - Florida State
DL Tyler Shelvin - LSU
DL Jay Tufele - USC

EDGE Joe Tryon - Washington
EDGE Ronnie Perkins - Oklahoma
EDGE Carlos Basham - Wake Forest
EDGE Joseph Ossai - Texas
EDGE Patrick Jones - Pittsburgh
EDGE Dayo Odeyingbo - Vanderbilt

2 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:
OT Dillon Radunz - N Dakota State
OT Liam Eichenberg - Notre Dame
OT James Hudson - Cincinnati
OT Alex Leatherwood - Alabama OT Sam Cosmi - Texas

G Wyatt Davis - Ohio State
G Trey Smith - Tennessee
G Aaron Banks - Notre Dame

C Landon Dickerson - Alabama
C Josh Myers - Ohio State
C Quinn Meinerz - Wisconsin-Whitewater

DL Levi Onwuzurike - Washington
DL Daviyon Nixon - Iowa
DL Marlon Tuipulotu - Southern Cal
DL Marvin Wilson - Florida State
DL Tyler Shelvin - LSU
DL Jay Tufele - USC

EDGE Joe Tryon - Washington
EDGE Ronnie Perkins - Oklahoma
EDGE Carlos Basham - Wake Forest
EDGE Joseph Ossai - Texas
EDGE Patrick Jones - Pittsburgh
EDGE Dayo Odeyingbo - Vanderbilt

Great list, thanks!  I wouldn't mind seeing the Bucs grab a center.  Jensen is "ok", but I think he's not worth the paycheck he's getting.  I wouldn't be too upset if the Bucs grab one of those guys and let Jensen walk after the season since his contract is up after the coming season.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Great list, thanks!  I wouldn't mind seeing the Bucs grab a center.  Jensen is "ok", but I think he's not worth the paycheck he's getting.  I wouldn't be too upset if the Bucs grab one of those guys and let Jensen walk after the season since his contract is up after the coming season.

I'd be a little weary of L Dickerson that early(32) as he has a very long history of injuries, including 3 season ending injuries.

Q MEinerz is an interesting prospect and he can play both C/OG, but being from a small school he would be a reach at 32.

Just looking at the C/OGs, moving back as you suggested would be a good thing for TB is they are targeting those postions

34 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

I'd be a little weary of L Dickerson that early(32) as he has a very long history of injuries, including 3 season ending injuries.

Q MEinerz is an interesting prospect and he can play both C/OG, but being from a small school he would be a reach at 32.

Just looking at the C/OGs, moving back as you suggested would be a good thing for TB is they are targeting those postions

Good to know.  Thanks.  I'll have to read up on some of these guys.  It's nice have a small group to pull from.

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

Is Brown going to stand next to Andy Reid all game threatening to punch him if he doesn't call more running plays?

• Haha 1

Article in The Athletic talking to people about when Lawrence Taylor was drafted.  Quote from Phil Simms is pretty great.

Simms: Back then, rookies and quarterbacks went to camp a week earlier. And we had a scrimmage. They had to take Lawrence out of the scrimmage after no more than 10 minutes. I don’t even think it got that far. Because he sacked the quarterback on every single throw. Not some — every throw. I can remember the quarterback was Cliff Olander and he was going crazy, “Can somebody block him?!” And, “Uhh, no, Cliff. Nobody can block him.” I remember Ray Perkins just going, “Take him out!” so they could evaluate some of the other kids.

• Haha 1