Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

How good are your future exclusives?

Bobby Witt, Jr. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Not sure yet.  We may find out this year or next.

Guerrero, Bichette, Biggio, Pearson, Gurriel

The future is now.

46 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

Not sure yet.  We may find out this year or next.

Guerrero, Bichette, Biggio, Pearson, Gurriel

The future is now.

Kinda same for the Royals with some of their pitching.  Maybe even Bobby Witt, Jr., as the GM is saying there is a chance he is on the opening day roster.  The problem then becomes years of service, and Royals control in later years.  Of course the Padres started Tatis, Jr. opening day at age 20 and now he's got a contract with them for the next 15 years.  There's only a few examples of guys taking off early in the careers and seeing success immediately, but Tatis and Juan Soto are recent examples so who knows.  But Witt plays a high level defense at multiple positions (one of which is short, where most teams will sacrifice offensive production for defense), has tremendous speed, tremendous power, great plate discipline and a high baseball IQ.  He may force their hand if he keeps his production up over these next couple weeks.  Thank god none of you picked him in the supplemental :lol:

Brady Singer (18th overall in '18) and Kris Bubic (40th overall in '18) are both expected to make the starting rotation.  Those two and Asa Lacy (No. 4 overall from '20) could head my starting rotation in the very near future, as all were top-shelf college pitchers who don't seem to need a ton of time to develop in the minors.

Nick Pratto also seems to be doing better, the 18th overall from 2017.  I was watching spring training game last night and comparisons were being made to Hosmer's defensive ability at first, and if he can get the bat going consistently there isn't anyone standing in his way, as Carlos Santana fills a temporary void.

If my 2B and SS position become filled with Witt, Jr. and Mondesi and their offense lives up to the hype, and some of these pitchers really start to pan out, you guys are going to be in trouble over the course of the next decade :banana:

Only real threat is Rutschman.  Just waiting to find out exactly how it comes to be that he doesn't pan out.  <_<

My hopes are with Matthew Liberatore (pitcher acquired from Tampa for Arozarena) and Nolan Gorman.    Gorman is a third baseman who is changing positions to 2nd due to the Arenado trade.  Was the top slugging HS player when drafted in the first round by the Cardinals 2 years ago.  Liberatore was a top 10 pick aas a HS player in the same draft.  He is a top of the rotation lefty. Ironically — they grew up together and are best friends. I could see both of them making their debuts this year for the Cardinals. 

Wander Franco, Vidal Brujan, Josh Lowe  in the hitting department

Brendan McKay, Shane McClanahan, Sane Baz (and poor Brent Honeywell) in the pitching department