Old School

Ever worry this site may fade away?

I know most of us came here for fantasy football insight, then migrated over to the Geek Bored. 
And frankly I kinda stay up on current events here. 

But damn the poor ole mange bored is hurting. It is the off season, but free agency is in full swing.
There are a total of 7 active threads on page 1. Some of the page 1 threads date back to January.
I know it’s off season but it didn’t seem much better during the season.

If this thing goes south or the hamster fades out- where is everyone going? Back to Ed’s bored? And does the Danzone even exist these days?

Asking for a friend....

4 minutes ago, Old School said:

I know most of us came here for fantasy football insight, then migrated over to the Geek Bored. 
And frankly I kinda stay up on current events here. 

But damn the poor ole mange bored is hurting. It is the off season, but free agency is in full swing.
There are a total of 7 active threads on page 1. Some of the page 1 threads date back to January.
I know it’s off season but it didn’t seem much better during the season.

If this thing goes south or the hamster fades out- where is everyone going? Back to Ed’s bored? And does the Danzone even exist these days?

Asking for a friend....

It's better to burn out, than it is to rust.

• Confused 1

FFToday would have died long ago if it weren't for us geeks and the agency's that encourage us to speak our minds.

Hold on, I see a white Van out front

We need a system in case that ever happens.  Each Geek connected to one other Geek.  We could call it the Geek Train.  I call caboose.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fandandy said:

We need a system in case that ever happens.  Each Geek connected to one other Geek.  We could call it the Geek Train.  I call caboose.  

Is that different then the train we run on your mom ?

I have other boards. I would be fine. 

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

If it dies blames the leftists. They ruin everything.

True.  Rusty ruined the sanctuary and he’s trying to do the same here. 

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Welcome back lager

:cheers:

We are going to need this forum in the future to get our message out to the free world. The chair is against the wall, John has a long mustache.

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

I have other boards. I would be fine. 

I do not, and I don't care for any more.  

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I do not, and I don't care for any more.  

GolfWRX is pretty cool. 

To the OP.  It's actually a great question.

1. About 7-8 years ago fantasy football changed. Back then I knew by heart, every back up RB for all teams just in case of any injury so I could pounce on Tuesday mornings when the free agency opened up.  That took, time, knowledge and most importantly a "want to".  I could tell you the 5th string WR who went to college with the resident QB (they have a history together aka sleeper).

2.  Things changed.  The internet, especially fantasy football, became way more advanced.  Notifications on your iPhone, rules, hell Grandma's were playing. I'm out.

3.  However the Geek Club is different.  The island of Misfit Toys.  

I hope it lives forever, but I have my doubts.  

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

1. About 7-8 years ago fantasy football changed. Back then I knew by heart, every back up RB for all teams just in case of any injury so I could pounce on Tuesday mornings when the free agency opened up.  That took, time, knowledge and most importantly a "want to".  I could tell you the 5th string WR who went to college with the resident QB (they have a history together aka sleeper).

2.  Things changed.  The internet, especially fantasy football, became way more advanced.  Notifications on your iPhone, rules, hell Grandma's were playing. I'm out.

And it would never be the same somewhere else, even if we all migrated, which we wouldn't.  It has to be here.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

True.  Rusty ruined the sanctuary and he’s trying to do the same here. 

Rusty hasn’t really posted over there since I joined, so yeah... that doesn’t hold water. Whoever gave you that little nugget is probably laughing at you right now. :lol:

3 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Rusty hasn’t really posted over there since I joined, so yeah... that doesn’t hold water. Whoever gave you that little nugget is probably laughing at you right now. :lol:

HT is an inveterate liar. He spent XMas here to avoid his tragic family. :( 

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

And it would never be the same somewhere else, even if we all migrated, which we wouldn't.  It has to be here.  

Geek Club is one most unusual forums on the net.  Pretty much anything goes.  Racist comments, anti-gay comments, links to shady sites, you think of it - you can post it... and nobody cares or gets overly sensitive. Some posts I've read here would be an auto-ban in some forums. This is how the internet was supposed to be.

• Thanks 3

I worry that we're a complaint away from some gender-fluid tranny, who identifies as a pony, working at Mike's web hosting site from pulling the plug on us.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

That is why I don't play it anymore and did my homework and was good at it. Just not the same anymore and been out for 7 years now as well. I do hope the Island keeps going though!

4 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Geek Club is one most unusual forums on the net.  Pretty much anything goes.  Racist comments, anti-gay comments, links to shady sites, you think of it - you can post it... and nobody cares or gets overly sensitive. Some posts I've read here would be an auto-ban in some forums. This is how the internet was supposed to be.

Truth.  We all lived the Wild West of the internet and this site is one of the last holdouts.  I hope it lasts forever.  It won't.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Truth.  We all lived the Wild West of the internet and this site is one of the last holdouts.  I hope it lasts forever.  It won't.  

Me to Bro.

2 hours ago, fandandy said:

Its impossible to not have a wild west on the internet.  What happens is people keep migrating to new sites when old ones get attacked.  If we must, we could have a group email with anonymous accounts.

Although I forgot my password to edjr's site, as a safety net I think we should all get accounts there as a backup plan.

https://nomoregfiafp.boards.net/

The forum name is easy to remember and thus find: nomoregfiafp. Bless him, my history draft is still pinned to the top of the page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We do need a plan B and ed provides us with that.

Now that I think about it, that history draft gives me an idea, maybe I can help him drive some traffic there because we all, me included, need a reason to go log in over there as safety measure in case this place does indeed fade away. Ed's site saved the day for that draft because at the time of the draft, this place had been experiencing crashes all the time and I think the worst of it was like 2-3 weeks and we were able to keep going without missing a beat because of ed.

I am in the right frame of mind for GMing another epic months long draft along those lines but we've done US and World history already so it'd need to be something. I'll make another post.

Fbg, baby.

8 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

This place should be condemned anyway. A total sh!thole.

Well....Yeah....but it’s our Sh!thole! 

If something happens to the GC we can all migrate over to Stormfront. :dunno: 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Although I forgot my password to edjr's site, as a safety net I think we should all get accounts there as a backup plan.

https://nomoregfiafp.boards.net/

The forum name is easy to remember and thus find: nomoregfiafp. Bless him, my history draft is still pinned to the top of the page.

I remember my user name but not my password. 

9 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Not as hard as I just laughed at you for responding to it. Lol. 

3 hours ago, MDC said:

If something happens to the GC we can all migrate over to Stormfront. :dunno: 

There's no way they'd want us tarnishing their reputation.  :nono:

12 hours ago, OldMaid said:

I had the same thought.