Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Kenny Golladay Watch

1 minute ago, Mike FF Today said:

To add on:

I'm not sure why he'd push to play for the Giants unless he grew up a Giants fan.  Jones is an "ok" QB, but I'm not really sure that he's anything special... I do know that he's not better than Stafford.  I'm not saying the Bengals are the ideal organization, but if I had the choice to play with Joe Burrow or Daniel Jones, that's not a decision I need to take even a second to make.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm not sure why he'd push to play for the Giants unless he grew up a Giants fan.  Jones is an "ok" QB, but I'm not really sure that he's anything special... I do know that he's not better than Stafford.  I'm not saying the Bengals are the ideal organization, but if I had the choice to play with Joe Burrow or Daniel Jones, that's not a decision I need to take even a second to make.

If the reports are to be believed, he got a one year prove it deal from Cinci, I think he would play for anyone for a better deal. The Giants probably represent his best chance at a multi-year deal with the most money. Plus he would be their unquestioned #1. In Cinci he might be their third option. Easy decision for Kenny G, regardless of the QB... 

24 minutes ago, jrokh said:

If the reports are to be believed, he got a one year prove it deal from Cinci, I think he would play for anyone for a better deal. The Giants probably represent his best chance at a multi-year deal with the most money. Plus he would be their unquestioned #1. In Cinci he might be their third option. Easy decision for Kenny G, regardless of the QB... 

If that's the case and I'm Cincinnati, then I'm withdrawing my offer.  I wouldn't want a guy like that on my team.

29 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If that's the case and I'm Cincinnati, then I'm withdrawing my offer.  I wouldn't want a guy like that on my team.

What a guy who wants a better offer? That  would eliminate 99% of the league...

John Ross and Kenny Golladay will go a long way toward returning Daniel Jones to top 5 fantasy QB status.

5 hours ago, jrokh said:

What a guy who wants a better offer? That  would eliminate 99% of the league...

No, a guy who isn't a team player.  A guy not willing to put his name first, but his bank account.  A guy who clearly is more interested in a pay check than winning.  A move like this is a sign that his dedication to the team stops when the pay check gets cashed.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

John Ross and Kenny Golladay will go a long way toward returning Daniel Jones to top 5 fantasy QB status.

Baby steps.... be a top 20 QB first.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No, a guy who isn't a team player.  A guy not willing to put his name first, but his bank account.  A guy who clearly is more interested in a pay check than winning.  A move like this is a sign that his dedication to the team stops when the pay check gets cashed.

99% of the league puts their bank account first. Who would turn down good money for crappy money? In any profession? Regardless, it’s not like Cincinnati is football Shang-re-la...

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Baby steps.... be a top 20 QB first.

I did say "returning," since from Week 8 through the end of the 2019 season, Daniel Jones was the fantasy QB5.

Ross has played in 27 games out of 64 , he’s not going to be a valuable asset. 

Ravens Would be an interesting landing spot n

Having Lamar Jackson as his QB would certainly drop Golladay into the double-digit rounds in fantasy drafts.

Feels like things have been "heating up" for a week already...

I read he left with no contract. 

The Bears reportedly offered him around $12 mil for 1 season, and he declined, supposedly wants around $18 mil a season

18 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I read he left with no contract. 

Didn’t leave NY just the building. His part is done, now the haggling of his reps and Giants is the issue. If he doesn’t come off the 18 million number they probably will pass... 

It oughta be worth knocking a couple mil off the demand just to be the G-man for the G-men.

FF wise , I see him right now as a wr2-3.  

Cant trust the Qb. 

And a lot of Barkely. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

FF wise , I see him right now as a wr2-3.  

Cant trust the Qb. 

And a lot of Barkely. 

He has the talent to be a WR1 but the giants have kind of been a graveyard for WRs

Not so sure, when I look at what he did with the Lions and a much better Qb, based on his non ppr avg, he was a wr 1 once.  

I don’t think he’ll make it to that level. 

I see a good wr 2 and great wr3.  

I think they have a lot of other options that are good ones, and Jones isn’t good enough to get him to that level with that other talent around.  

Might even make players like Shephard and Slayton more productive. 

10 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Don't forget John Ross.

Danny Dimes will be a top 5 fantasy QB again.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Danny Dimes will be a top 5 fantasy QB again.

Man, I would love that, but in order to be something again, you have to do it the first time. DJ was not a top 5 fantasy QB, unless you're cherry picking part of a season. In that case you could skew the stats for a number of players in that regard. One has to Finish the season top 5 at his position to be able to return there. HTH...

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

One has to Finish the season top 5 at his position to be able to return there.

In 2019, Daniel Jones finished the season as the QB5.  He didn't start out the first 7 weeks that way, but from Week 8 on, he finished the season as the QB5.

57 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

In 2019, Daniel Jones finished the season as the QB5.  He didn't start out the first 7 weeks that way, but from Week 8 on, he finished the season as the QB5.

My league counts stats from week 1-17 or 16 games. As I said if you cherry pick parts of seasons, as you did here, counting DJ from week 8 on, you could skew many players to be higher ranked than they actually were. In my league DJ wasn’t even in the top 5 in avg per game, let alone total points. I realize you already know all this and are going all Kyrie Irving here, so have fun!

On 3/20/2021 at 3:48 PM, jrokh said:

Scoop there it is!

Wow. Four years played with a high of 70 receptions and they pay that price for him. :doh:

10 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Wow. Four years played with a high of 70 receptions and they pay that price for him. :doh:

Nice cherry pick mentioning the receptions while ignoring the back-to-back 1000 yard seasons. At 16.5 yards per catch 60-70 receptions is more than fine. Don’t be Jelly Seafoam, sorry your Bears lost out on him. Hey at least you got Andy Dalton! #Silverlinings...

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Nice cherry pick mentioning the receptions while ignoring the back-to-back 1000 yard seasons. At 16.5 yards per catch 60-70 receptions is more than fine. Don’t be Jelly Seafoam, sorry your Bears lost out on him. Hey at least you got Andy Dalton! #Silverlinings...

WTF are you rambling about? Bears never wanted him. They wanted Robinson. Robinson >>> Galloday.

Oh boy. Giants fan going crazy over a WR2 or 3 for $72M. :lol:

9 minutes ago, jrokh said:

fair comment.   

This could actually be a good move for both parties, even if he is overpaid.

Danny Dimes has a reputation for throwing an accurate ball.   from what I've seen and heard, his larger issue is his ability to read the defenses under pressure (and his line has not been super reliable)

that being said, Golladay is a big Tall WR who can high point a ball and outmuscle a defender on those jump balls.

If Danny Dimes can accurately throw a ball to a certain point on the field and Golladay can reliably get to that spot on the field it may not matter what the coverage is.

remember Romo and Dez?  

Dez isnt a super impressive WR, but he had that same talent and he and Romo could connect on a play down the sideline where Romo would toss him to a certain spot on the field and Dez would get there and outjump the coverage for it.

If they can develop this  chemistry, Coverage wont matter much.  Golladay will just outjump them for the ball.

As Danny Dimes is an east coast guy and I live on the west coast, I have not seen him play as often as I'd like to get a true feel for him, but I think he may be capable of making this work.

12 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Bears never wanted him. They wanted Robinson. Robinson >>> Galloday.

ooops...

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

ooops...

Good one. I heard the complete opposite on NFL radio. Choose what you like.

The reality is, the Bears offered him fair market value for his skills and past performance. He quickly rejected it and then went to any other team that would overpay.

Enter the giants. Good luck dude. Go ahead and draft him as your #1 receiver this year in your draft. 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Good one. I heard the complete opposite on NFL radio. Choose what you like.

The reality is, the Bears offered him fair market value for his skills and past performance. He quickly rejected it and then went to any other team that would overpay.

Enter the giants. Good luck dude. Go ahead and draft him as your #1 receiver this year in your draft. 

Thanks for the well wishes, Good luck to you and Da Bears. With Andy Dalton in the fold and Fuller in Denver, the master plan to draft another star QB from North Carolina appears to be in full effect!

Just now, jrokh said:

Thanks for the well wishes, Good luck to you and Da Bears. With Andy Dalton in the fold and Fuller in Denver, the master plan to draft another star QB from North Carolina appears to be in full effect!

They'll probably finish with a better record than the giants.

Dalton career: 74-66-2

Jones: 8-18-0

:lol: