Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Kenny Golladay Watch

12 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

They'll probably finish with a better record than the giants.

Dalton career: 74-66-2

Jones: 8-18-0

:lol:

Since Jones entered the league, Dalton's record is 6-16. Da Bears aren't as good as Cincinnati 2019 and Dallas 2020. Enjoy 3-13. The top ranked college QB going into next year is Sam Howell. He plays at North Carolina. Get to know him...

33 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Since Jones entered the league, Dalton's record is 6-16. Da Bears aren't as good as Cincinnati 2019 and Dallas 2020. Enjoy 3-13. The top ranked college QB going into next year is Sam Howell. He plays at North Carolina. Get to know him...

I'll place a wager against 3-13.

10 hours ago, jrokh said:

My league counts stats from week 1-17 or 16 games. As I said if you cherry pick parts of seasons, as you did here, counting DJ from week 8 on, you could skew many players to be higher ranked than they actually were.

I'm just giving you the facts; you can interpret them as you see fit.  From Week 8 on, Daniel Jones was the QB5 in 2019.

He has the tools in 2021 to return to that status.

8 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Good one. I heard the complete opposite on NFL radio. Choose what you like.

The reality is, the Bears offered him fair market value for his skills and past performance. He quickly rejected it and then went to any other team that would overpay.

Enter the giants. Good luck dude. Go ahead and draft him as your #1 receiver this year in your draft. 

well, I  dont know that  going to the bears, an offense that traditionally does not light it up is a move most WR's want to make.  if going there  as a WR,  I'd guess  unless you grew up there,  its costing extra to make you want  to play there.

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I'm just giving you the facts; you can interpret them as you see fit.  From Week 8 on, Daniel Jones was the QB5 in 2019.

He has the tools in 2021 to return to that status.

I hope he is QB5 from week 1 on, for the first time...

On 3/20/2021 at 4:31 PM, Mike FF Today said:

Lot of high risk / high reward here.  Could be setting up Jones for failure (not necessarily on purpose).

• Barkely... missed games in each of his last 2 years.
  • Golloday... missed games in 3 of 4 seasons, left a number of games early as well.
  • Shepard... missed at least 4 games in each of the last 2 seasons
  • Slayton... TDB
  • Engram... after missing at least 5 games in each of his first 2 seasons, finally played 16 last year.  Can he do it again?
  • Rudolph... had availability issues early on, but he'll turn 32 during the season, coming off a season where he missed 4 games.

The talent is there and Jones appears to be a solid QB, so he'll definitely have a chance to put up really good numbers.  But, they're also counting on a lot of guys with an injury history.  Jones could be without any 2 to 4 (or more). of these guys for a stretch of time... even an extensive streatch.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Lot of high risk / high reward here.  Could be setting up Jones for failure (not necessarily on purpose).

• Golloday... missed games in 3 of 4 seasons, left a number of games early as well.
  • Slayton... TDB
  • Engram... after missing at least 5 games in each of his first 2 seasons, finally played 16 last year.  Can he do it again?
  • Rudolph... had availability issues early on, but he'll turn 32 during the season, coming off a season where he missed 4 games.

The talent is there and Jones appears to be a solid QB, so he'll definitely have a chance to put up really good numbers.  But, they're also counting on a lot of guys with an injury history.  Jones could be without any 2 to 4 (or more). of these guys for a stretch of time... even an extensive streatch.

It’s football, if you list the injury histories of most teams, there will always be risks and question marks. The Giants guys are all young so they are less likely to be injured than some other teams. But yeah injuries can always be an issue.

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

It’s football, if you list the injury histories of most teams, there will always be risks and question marks. The Giants guys are all young so they are less likely to be injured than some other teams. But yeah injuries can always be an issue.

Of course injuries can happen and I'd be less concerned if more of these guys had a better health history.  As you said, they're all young... but they're all young (except Rudolph),  and already have injury histories.  For example, long term (3 years... I mean, it is football), I'm more concerned about Godwin than I am Evans.  I'm more concerned about Howard than I am Brate.

If I were a Giants fan, I'd be more concerned about Engram than Rudolph.  At least Rudolph showed he can play 16 games in multiple seasons.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Of course injuries can happen and I'd be less concerned if more of these guys had a better health history.  As you said, they're all young... but they're all young (except Rudolph),  and already have injury histories.  For example, long term (3 years... I mean, it is football), I'm more concerned about Godwin than I am Evans.  I'm more concerned about Howard than I am Brate.

If I were a Giants fan, I'd be more concerned about Engram than Rudolph.  At least Rudolph showed he can play 16 games in multiple seasons.

Only one I’m concerned about, more than the average chance of injury, is shepherd. The next concussion he gets will likely be his last. Other than that no concerns above the norm...

On 3/20/2021 at 3:59 PM, Phil Simms 11 said:

We’re back. 😎

You see they signed Adoree Jackson? I thought they had no money. All they really need is an EDGE and they can make some noise this year...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

• Slayton... TDB

There is no question.  injuries have affected the efficiency of this offense.

the one concerning me is Barkley.

he adds a dimension to this offense they just dont have when hes not there.

I'd argue the injures stopped a potential breakout from happening with Danny Dimes.

the underperforming O line also did not help. 

To that end I'm willing to consider Danny Dimes a potential breakout candidate this year and I'll buy in my auction league (starting 2 QB) if the price is right.

Right now in any league where you start only one, you can likely draft him as a quality backup and hold.  if he shows no signs of a breakout you dump him by week 6.

in a 2 QB league, you need to figure out where the sweet spot is to grab a player like this.   Problem is... some guys believe in him, some dont, so his value will potentially vary by a significant margin at the draft table depending on who you talk to.

Axe, as it sounds like you did your research on this guy, can you tell me who his opponents were in the second half when he lit it up year before last?    Legitimate defenses or weak ones?

42 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Axe, as it sounds like you did your research on this guy, can you tell me who his opponents were in the second half when he lit it up year before last?    Legitimate defenses or weak ones?

When you're talking NFL defenses over the course of half a season, there are going to be some higher-ranked defenses and some lower-ranked defenses.  You also have to remember that you're talking about NFL defenses, so there's not that much difference between the higher-ranked defenses and the lower-ranked defenses.

It is probably more relevant that Jones played ZERO snaps in 2019 with Barkley, Engram, Tate, Shepard and Slayton all on the field at the same time.  He will have the opportunity to have better personnel around him in 2021 than he's ever had before--and he'll still face some higher-ranked defenses and some lower-ranked defenses.  (At least he plays in the NFL East--heh.)

That said, the Giants got a new head coach in 2020, so maybe they just don't run the kind of downfield passing offense that helped Jones be the QB5 any longer--although the signings of John Ross and Kenny Golladay would speak in favor of it.

And he's a QB.  You draft him in the 12th round, and if he doesn't work out, you trade him in for the hot waiver wire QB posting 20 per week.  So there's really very little risk in comparison to the QB5 upside.

Expect, he isn’t going to be a top 5 Qb. 

No Qb should be drafted before a double digit round anyway.  

On 3/19/2021 at 1:35 AM, AxeElf said:

I did say "returning," since from Week 8 through the end of the 2019 season, Daniel Jones was the fantasy QB5.

13 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I'm more curious at what stats @Axe Elf is using to say that Jones was a top 5 QB in his last 7 games and what's he comparing that too.  Jones missed Weeks 13 and 15, so is he ignoring those weeks for other QB's as well... or is he taking Jones' last 7 games vs the rest of the QB's last 7 games, regardless of the weeks (because we know there may have been some QB's who didn't play Week 17).  Well, let's just assume every QB's last 7 games.  In any case, in Jones' last 7 games, he compiled 1533 passing yards, 6 TD's, 3 Int's, 127 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD, and 1 fumble lost.  That comes out to be 100.02 fantasy points (1 pt per 25 passing yards, 4 pt TD, -1 per Int, 1 pt per 10 rushing yards, 6 pts per rushing TD, -1 per fumble lost).  So 100.02 divided by 7 comes out to be 14.29 fpg.  That's an extremely low number for a guy to be ranked in the top 5 over any period of time.  What's funnier, is that Jones had 95 points in his first 7 games. I'm thinking that 5.02 points isn't much of increase.  I'm thinking my numbers are right because in my fantasy league (which has the system I noted in this post), has Jones at 195.02 points last year.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm more curious at what stats @Axe Elf is using to say that Jones was a top 5 QB in his last 7 games and what's he comparing that too.  Jones missed Weeks 13 and 15, so is he ignoring those weeks for other QB's as well... or is he taking Jones' last 7 games vs the rest of the QB's last 7 games, regardless of the weeks (because we know there may have been some QB's who didn't play Week 17).  Well, let's just assume every QB's last 7 games.  In any case, in Jones' last 7 games, he compiled 1533 passing yards, 6 TD's, 3 Int's, 127 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD, and 1 fumble lost.  That comes out to be 100.02 fantasy points (1 pt per 25 passing yards, 4 pt TD, -1 per Int, 1 pt per 10 rushing yards, 6 pts per rushing TD, -1 per fumble lost).  So 100.02 divided by 7 comes out to be 14.29 fpg.  That's an extremely low number for a guy to be ranked in the top 5 over any period of time.  What's funnier, is that Jones had 95 points in his first 7 games. I'm thinking that 5.02 points isn't much of increase.  I'm thinking my numbers are right because in my fantasy league (which has the system I noted in this post), has Jones at 195.02 points last year.

Are you looking at 2020 numbers or 2019? In ‘19 he had way more than 6 tds. He had 5 in one game...

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Are you looking at 2020 numbers or 2019? In ‘19 he had way more than 6 tds. He had 5 in one game...

Yeah, 2020. :doh:

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, 2020.

Axe was referring to 2019.

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Yeah, I just noticed that when you posted the question.

20 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I like Jones.  I think he's going to be a solid QB, but the Giants had one of the worst defenses in the NFL in 2019 and were losing all the time.  In those last 7 games, they played the Packers, but the Eagles at 9-7 were the next best team and the Giants were just handing over points to anyone who wanted them... they gave up over 33 points per game (interestingly... the Giants gave up less than 24 points in 3 of their last 9 games... Jones didn't play in 2 of them).  It's easier for a QB to post good numbers when you're playing from behind the whole game.  His 3 big games came against the Jets, Lions, and Redskins.  Backend QB1, I can certainly see for him, but I think top 5 is a pipe dream.  I know he can run, but I don't think they'll use him like that and unless you throw for 4500 yards and 45 TD's, you're going to have to run a lot to crack the top 5.

32 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I like Jones.  I think he's going to be a solid QB, but the Giants had one of the worst defenses in the NFL in 2019 and were losing all the time.  In those last 7 games, they played the Packers, but the Eagles at 9-7 were the next best team and the Giants were just handing over points to anyone who wanted them... they gave up over 33 points per game (interestingly... the Giants gave up less than 24 points in 3 of their last 9 games... Jones didn't play in 2 of them).  It's easier for a QB to post good numbers when you're playing from behind the whole game.  His 3 big games came against the Jets, Lions, and Redskins.  Backend QB1, I can certainly see for him, but I think top 5 is a pipe dream.  I know he can run, but I don't think they'll use him like that and unless you throw for 4500 yards and 45 TD's, you're going to have to run a lot to crack the top 5.

Agreed. But then again I'm not the one claiming he was a top 5 fantasy QB in the past, nor going to return to that level. For Fantasy he's a nice Upside late pick, with a ceiling that could border on top 5. Your point about the Giants D is a good one. I think they will be better than last year, now that they signed Adoree Jackson to play CB opposite Bradberry. The splits of DJ with Saquon in the lineup and without really tell the story. If Saquads is healthy, DJ will have some really good fantasy games...

50 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Agreed. But then again I'm not the one claiming he was a top 5 fantasy QB in the past, nor going to return to that level. For Fantasy he's a nice Upside late pick, with a ceiling that could border on top 5. Your point about the Giants D is a good one. I think they will be better than last year, now that they signed Adoree Jackson to play CB opposite Bradberry. The splits of DJ with Saquon in the lineup and without really tell the story. If Saquads is healthy, DJ will have some really good fantasy games...

Yeah, I know you're not saying, just making conversation.  I personally think Jones will be a better NFL QB than a Fantasy QB, but that just may be me.

Their defense was definitely better in 2020 than in 2019 and I believe it'll be better in 2021.  I think the Giants can be a legit playoff contender and possibly win 10+ games this year, but I think that'll hinge on the health of mostly Barkely, as you mentioned, and there not be a turnstile of weapons.  Wentz and the Eagles ran into that in 2019.  That's not good for any QB to have to deal with.

22 hours ago, jrokh said:

You see they signed Adoree Jackson? I thought they had no money. All they really need is an EDGE and they can make some noise this year...

They should be favorite for NFC East with Dallas 2nd. 

The biggest question about the NFC east, will any team have a winning record. 

That’s the biggest mystery in the nfc east. 

On 3/22/2021 at 7:17 PM, AxeElf said:

When you're talking NFL defenses over the course of half a season, there are going to be some higher-ranked defenses and some lower-ranked defenses.  You also have to remember that you're talking about NFL defenses, so there's not that much difference between the higher-ranked defenses and the lower-ranked defenses.

It is probably more relevant that Jones played ZERO snaps in 2019 with Barkley, Engram, Tate, Shepard and Slayton all on the field at the same time.  He will have the opportunity to have better personnel around him in 2021 than he's ever had before--and he'll still face some higher-ranked defenses and some lower-ranked defenses.  (At least he plays in the NFL East--heh.)

That said, the Giants got a new head coach in 2020, so maybe they just don't run the kind of downfield passing offense that helped Jones be the QB5 any longer--although the signings of John Ross and Kenny Golladay would speak in favor of it.

And he's a QB.  You draft him in the 12th round, and if he doesn't work out, you trade him in for the hot waiver wire QB posting 20 per week.  So there's really very little risk in comparison to the QB5 upside.

Agreed.

nobody is drafting this guy on the assumption hes a top 5 QB.

even if you happen to think he is, why pay the price of a cadillac when everyone else thinks hes worth the price of a Kia?     If you want him that bad you pay just over what the world thinks is fair market value and if he lights it up you have a great team.

On 3/23/2021 at 9:05 PM, weepaws said:

The biggest question about the NFC east, will any team have a winning record. 

That’s the biggest mystery in the nfc east. 

I think NY, WAS, and DAL could all be 10-win teams AND make the playoffs.  I think the Eagles are destined for a 3-win season (if they're lucky).  The NFC East actually gets a lucky break this year.  They get the NFC South, which only has Tampa as a good team and the AFC West, which only has KC as a good team.  In those 8 games, 5-3 is a reasonable expectation from all 3.  A split among each other plus a sweep vs Philly puts them at 9-5.  It'll be in those other 3 games which make the difference.  I think Washington gets the short end with having to play GB and SEA.  I think Dallas with AZ and MIN and NY with LA and CHI are a push.  The other AFC opponent could be a big deciding factor as well.

I can see the NFC playoff seedings as something like...

1. Tampa
  2. LA
  3. GB
  4. NYG
  5. WAS
  6. SEA
  7. DAL

Like I said , I think the biggest question about the nfc east is, will any of those teams have a winning record. N

20 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Like I said , I think the biggest question about the nfc east is, will any of those teams have a winning record. N

Not to people that watch football it isn't. Maybe to Fantasy football nerds who are retired in Nevada and don't watch the games that is a mystery....

Who do you know who’s retired in Nevada? 

Own a small business and do work for the county.  

Only ones that don’t deny that’s the biggest issue in the nfc east would be a homer.  

Don’t need to watch to acknowledge what’s taking place in the nfl, it’s a simple game  

Mmmm. 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Who do you know who’s retired in Nevada? 

Own a small business and do work for the county.  

Only ones that don’t deny that’s the biggest issue in the nfc east would be a homer.  

Don’t need to watch to acknowledge what’s taking place in the nfl, it’s a simple game  

Mmmm. 

Thanks. 

Well since you are in Nevada and have disposable income, if you care to make it interesting, you know where to find me. Mmmm. Thanks...

Make what interesting? 

My statement about the biggest question in the nfc east is if any of those four teams will indeed register a winning record, that’s not a prediction, it’s a statement based solely from what happen last season, and I didn’t even have to watch the game to see those final standings. 

As for my disposal income, I don’t have it, I give it to the food bank. 

Retired lol

Thanks  

40 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Make what interesting? 

My statement about the biggest question in the nfc east is if any of those four teams will indeed register a winning record, that’s not a prediction, it’s a statement based solely from what happen last season, and I didn’t even have to watch the game to see those final standings. 

As for my disposal income, I don’t have it, I give it to the food bank. 

Retired lol

Thanks  

If the question was about last year you would be correct. But it’s not. See in the NFL when there is a new season the standings reset and the previous season’s records are not included. HTH...

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

If the question was about last year you would be correct. But it’s not. See in the NFL when there is a new season the standings reset and the previous season’s records are not included. HTH...

We agree. Also there was no question, I just simply made a statement, that you’ve taken complete offense to. 

Thanks