Sign in to follow this  
weepaws

FF killer

Drake signs with Raiders, wow that kills Jacobs value. 

Another one I saw was m Jones goes to the Jags, that’s going to smart if you own Chark. 

Fuller signs with the Dolphins, now based on ff , I like this move.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Not really.  Drake sucks.

Fuller signs with the Dolphins, now based on ff , I like this move.  

Why, is he suddenly going to stay healthy?

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think it helps Drake's value perhaps.

Jacobs was going to probably be a RB1 and this may bump him down to a RB2 but not so far.

Drake has been more of a change of pace/receiving RB. Arizona tried to make him a workhorse back and didn't throw him the ball. Didn't really work out.

Get him back in a complimentary role and involved in the passing game, since that's not really Jacobs strength, he's a good flex value and even a RB2 in PPR. I think he could even get some goal line work too, which of course would help a lot.

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Not really.  Drake sucks.

Disagree. 

He’s not as good as Jacobs. 

But he’s good enough to steal a lot of work from Jacobs.  

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Why, is he suddenly going to stay healthy?

He did last season , he give their Qb a true deep threat of pass action plays , again good move for both.  

7 hours ago, polecatt said:

I think it helps Drake's value perhaps.

Jacobs was going to probably be a RB1 and this may bump him down to a RB2 but not so far.

Drake has been more of a change of pace/receiving RB. Arizona tried to make him a workhorse back and didn't throw him the ball. Didn't really work out.

Get him back in a complimentary role and involved in the passing game, since that's not really Jacobs strength, he's a good flex value and even a RB2 in PPR. I think he could even get some goal line work too, which of course would help a lot.

Agreed, and that’s why I think his signing hurts  Jacobs value. , I think he’ll get some short yardage work also. 

If I own Jacobs , I wouldn’t be happy about this move   

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

He did last season , he give their Qb a true deep threat of pass action plays , again good move for both.  

Oh, ok.  I thought he played in 14 games, left 2 other games early, and his snap count was the lowest in the last 3 years.  What was I thinking?

18 hours ago, weepaws said:

He'll definitely eat into some of Jacobs carries for sure. But I do believe Jacobs is clearly the better back, and will still be the first, and second down guy.

I'd be more worried about the Raiders totally blowing up that offensive line. We have no idea how the new line is gonna play out until unfortunately, we see them in game action.

6 hours ago, Kopy said:

He'll definitely eat into some of Jacobs carries for sure. But I do believe Jacobs is clearly the better back, and will still be the first, and second down guy.

I'd be more worried about the Raiders totally blowing up that offensive line. We have no idea how the new line is gonna play out until unfortunately, we see them in game action.

Agreed. 

7 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, ok.  I thought he played in 14 games, left 2 other games early, and his snap count was the lowest in the last 3 years.  What was I thinking?

From what I understand, he was suspended for the last five games on a six game suspension, so he’ll miss week one of this upcoming season. 

From what I see, he started and played in 11 games out of the 11 games he was available. 

Seems like there's a trend to value backup RBs higher, looking at Raiders, Colts who resigned Mack and GB who have Dillon as a backup. So not great for Jacobs probably but he's still going to be the #1 back with the majority of goal line touches. He only had 33 catches last year and hard to see that decrease too much from there. So not sure impact will be that significant.

58 minutes ago, weepaws said:

From what I understand, he was suspended for the last five games on a six game suspension, so he’ll miss week one of this upcoming season. 

From what I see, he started and played in 11 games out of the 11 games he was available. 

You know what, I was thinking about Corey Davis.  Injury prone WR's all run together.  :dunno:

That said, Fuller playing 11 out of 11 doesn't really change anything for me.  He's played in 11 games before, but he's never played 16, just like last year.

1 hour ago, Donkey said:

Colts who resigned Mack

I'm surprised there hasn't been more wailing and gnashing of teeth among Jonathan Taylor owners--Mack is too talented to be "just" a backup.  With Hines remaining the primary pass-catching back, Mack and Taylor look more like a 1A/1B situation than a lead/backup to me.

Heck, you could almost make an argument for drafting Mack in the fifth, just on the basis of Taylor being from Wisconsin.

2 hours ago, Donkey said:

Seems like there's a trend to value backup RBs higher, looking at Raiders, Colts who resigned Mack and GB who have Dillon as a backup. So not great for Jacobs probably but he's still going to be the #1 back with the majority of goal line touches. He only had 33 catches last year and hard to see that decrease too much from there. So not sure impact will be that significant.

I feel the same thing about Taylor, Colts keeping Mack should be a concern to Taylor owners 

Jacobs and Taylor will continue to be the lead Rbs on their teams. But Drake and Mack are both good enough to steal even first and second down work. 

Now will that happen, yeah I think so, I can see them resting these players , I would think that’s the reason they sign them. 

As long as we're talking about fantasy value killers, Urban Meyer didn't reunite with his Ohio State star RB Carlos Hyde for nothing.  We're about to see if it was Robinson or his blockers, because Hyde is still no slouch.

• Like 1

A lot of these signings both rb & wr are gonna hurt fantasy values. Yet I can see the point in having multiple players to rely on and keeping studs as.healthy as they can. I've seen in SF where we've had multiple backs step up when injuries happen. So, with that in mind is it gonna change you guys drafting strategy and possible some of your fantasy league rules getting adjusted? Like to hear you guys input on that.

Sure it’s going to adjust my rankings, but I don’t see why it would change our league rules.  

Playing in a redraft league it’s a simple adjustment to personal rankings, but if one plays in a keeper league, now that’s where the concern really comes into play. 

Im not sure how or why a league would chance their rules though.  

M Davis sign with the Falcons, he isn’t a ff killer. 

But im thinking if he is their rb1 I think he could be a top 8 or even higher non ppr rb.  

This is a good fit for him. 

Sorry if you own Edmonds in keeper league. 

Conner is now in town. 

3 hours ago, DrG said:

Adams if Aaron Rodgers becomes the new Alec Trebec

I’ve been reading about that, how much truth is there with that story? 

2 hours ago, DrG said:

Truth, rumors and the NFL for $200 please.

This 3-time Pro Bowl QB could have sucked the gold off his helmet.

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

This 3-time Pro Bowl QB could have sucked the gold off his helmet.

Didn’t know you where a 3 time pro bowl Qb. 

Didn’t know you where a 3 time pro bowl Qb. 

::: buzzer :::

I'm sorry; please remember to phrase your answer in the form of a question.

Niners pick up W Gallman. 

Niners coach loves to use his Rbs, Gallman hurts Wilson’s ranking, Mostert should be ok if he can stay healthy. 

Dont like this pick up based on ff, but good move for the Niners.  

Fournette Vs R Jones part two.  

Bernard is the one that killed the other two's value.  Both Fournette and Jones would have been acceptable flex options.  Bernard signing killed both.  Starting either one, flex or otherwise, you're playing with fire.  Too many options.  Plus, Vaughn will be in the mix as well now that the the Bucs drafted Darden.  Vaughn won't be relegated to Special Teams like he was last year after TJ Logan got hurt.  Also, he's not a rookie anymore... and we all know how much Arians holds back on rookies.

The Tampa backfield will be a lot like the Patriots' in prior years.  The only guy to start (with flex possibility), is Bernard.  He'll be a PPR monster.  James White 2.0.

I think with all those Rbs neither of them is going  to monster anything.  

I think Jones and Fournette would still be the best play, but I wouldn’t trust any of them more than a rb4.  

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think with all those Rbs neither of them is going  to monster anything.  

I think Jones and Fournette would still be the best play, but I wouldn’t trust any of them more than a rb4.  

Bernard could be a 60-70 catch guy with a lot of TD's and a solid weekly flex option.  In a non-PPR league like yours, no one is a viable option unless someone gets hurt.  They're back end roster fodder.  Fournette would be the guy to take though since he's a better pass catcher, more yardage/TD potential.  If Bernard gets hurt at some point, that would increase Fournette's potential more than Jones'.  That said, Vaughn will hurt all of them, but more so Fournette and Jones than Bernard.  My suggestion, at the moment would be to target Bernard after the RB pool is bare and ignore the rest.  Odds are that Fournette and Jones will go in the first 8 rounds.  Too soon for backs whom you can't really count on week to week.  You can probably get Bernard in rounds 13 to 15... better value.

Gio has never had a 60 plus rec season, ain’t going to happen with all that talent around.  

I think your expectations are way to high.  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Gio has never had a 60 plus rec season, ain’t going to happen with all that talent around.  

I think your expectations are way to high.  

It's about usage and opportunity, not history.  Fournette averaged over 16 rush attempts per game in his first 3 years... he only averaged 7.5 last year.  Why?  Usage and opportunity.

Fournette and Jones were mostly targeted on 2nd down, then 1st, then 3rd.  Want to take a guess at what downs, James White had the most pass targets?  Bernard is a better pass catcher and blocker than both Fournette and Jones.  I expect Bernard to get a lot more opportunities this year than he had in Cincinnati because Brady will want him out there.  Keep in mind, while Bernard was there, Mixon was the bell cow guy the last 4 and prior to him, they had Hill and Burkhead getting touches.  Neither Fournette or Jones are good pass catchers or blockers... Bernard is good at both.  Note, Arians and Leftwich aren't running the offense based on their game plan, they're basing it on Brady's.

Now, had the Bucs not gotten Brady last year and for some ungodly reason kept Winston... or had a different QB, I'd 100% agree with you.  But this is Brady's offense, plain and simple.  Last year, Jones got 42% of the snap share and Fournette 36%.  I expect both of them to be in the low 30's and Bernard to see about 45% of the this year.  Providing of course that he shows he can learn and understand the system.  Health too.  Bernard will be 30 later this year, so anything could happen.  We'll know more in August.

I also think Tampa will have the best offense in the NFL this year.  You can call it homerism if you want, I don't care, but Tampa was 3rd last year in points (18 behind first), 2nd in passing yards, and 5th in pass completions (17 behind first).  This will be everyone's second season together, so they should be better.  There should be more plays, more passing plays, more completions, more yards, and more points.  Meaning, an increase in opportunity.

Usage and lack of opportunity is the reason Gio won’t have 60 plus rec and he isn’t going be worthy of a sold flex play. 

He will have a game or so that he’ll be worthy of aflex spot , there simply isn’t enough room for that to take place.

i see four Rbs in the mix and if you count A Brown three WRs a possible return of Howard.  Unless their is a injury or two I don’t see it taken place  

I think your really reaching for this one, but I’ll keep an eye on Gio during the season and give you due credit if he does reach 60 rec.  

Non ppr a late round pick of Rhamondre Stevenson might be a good ideal, but make it a late pick.