Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

JuJu stays in Pittsburgh

For being so adamant that he wasn't coming back to the Steelers, he sure did sign quickly.

Guess he overestimated his worth.

50 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

For being so adamant that he wasn't coming back to the Steelers, he sure did sign quickly.

Guess he overestimated his worth.

There has to be more to Juju than what's out there.  Neither Davis or Fuller have been as productive as Juju and both got better deals.  Something doesn't seem right.

I’m surprised they resign him. 

Don't get this at all for either side. Juju should've left for better opportunity. Pitt has James Washington who seemed like a good #3. 

He maybe wasn't get the offers he thought he should so he's banking on himself having a great to increase his value next year and get a better deal. He'll be motivated this year and could be a good pickup.

19 hours ago, DocNiner said:

He maybe wasn't get the offers he thought he should so he's banking on himself having a great to increase his value next year and get a better deal. He'll be motivated this year and could be a good pickup.

I don't think motivation was a problem, but yeah, a top-20 WR has a chance of being a good pickup.  lol

I don't know, something just seems off about this guy when it comes to his production on the field.

2018, looked like a breakout season and that he would be among the top 10 WRs for a while, clearly he has the potential.

Then the next season, with Big Ben out, he was terrible. Not even worth having on your bench. He kind of got a pass with the poor QB play.

Then he bounces back a little bit with Big Ben last season, but not so much only avg 8.6 ypc. There's plenty of RBs with a higher average.

While he's still got the potential I suppose, he's kind of in no man's land with his role.

35 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I don't know, something just seems off about this guy when it comes to his production on the field.

2018, looked like a breakout season and that he would be among the top 10 WRs for a while, clearly he has the potential.

Then the next season, with Big Ben out, he was terrible. Not even worth having on your bench. He kind of got a pass with the poor QB play.

Then he bounces back a little bit with Big Ben last season, but not so much only avg 8.6 ypc. There's plenty of RBs with a higher average.

While he's still got the potential I suppose, he's kind of in no man's land with his role.

Perhaps AB on the other side played a role in JuJu’s success...

13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Perhaps AB on the other side played a role in JuJu’s success...

That's certainly a possibility

49 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He was still the WR16 in PPR; y'all act like he was hardly worth rostering.

At his projected draft price, I would certainly be interested but not at a top 20 wr cost. As my 3rd or 4th? Yes, please.

53 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He was still the WR16 in PPR; y'all act like he was hardly worth rostering.

He was fantasy relevant this past season, but it's a far cry from his value two seasons ago

His avg non ppr still makes him worthy of a low wr2. 

I would agree , I would feel more comfortable with him as a wr3.  

But still surprising that he and the Steelers reunited. 

He's still pretty young and has the talent to put up.good numbers. Yet with Johnson, Claypool and Washington I'm leary of taking him as a WR 2.  Yeah I'd like him better as a WR3 with upside.His number could also be contingent on Big Ben health.

On 3/21/2021 at 12:57 PM, polecatt said:

He was fantasy relevant this past season, but it's a far cry from his value two seasons ago

True.

I thought he was on his way out of there.  I was sure hed get more money and a larger role elsewhere.

That being said, I am surprised the Steelers paid him as much as they did.  I figured they would top out at 6 or 7 mil for his services.

7 hours ago, Ray_T said:

True.

I thought he was on his way out of there.  I was sure hed get more money and a larger role elsewhere.

That being said, I am surprised the Steelers paid him as much as they did.  I figured they would top out at 6 or 7 mil for his services.

I guess the Steelers are kind of banking on him breaking out again, then sign him long term next season, or part ways if he struggles.

The Steelers aren't typically a team that pays big prices for free agent WRs though.

He's hanging on by a thread, he put up Cole Beasley numbers, 100 catches for 800 yards. He needs to get down the field a bit.

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

He needs to get down the field a bit.

Getting down the field just isn't Juju's job in the current offensive scheme, but you should approach Tomlin with your proposed changes to the Steelers' offense.  I'm sure he'd be interested...

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

I guess the Steelers are kind of banking on him breaking out again, then sign him long term next season, or part ways if he struggles.

The Steelers aren't typically a team that pays big prices for free agent WRs though.

He's hanging on by a thread, he put up Cole Beasley numbers, 100 catches for 800 yards. He needs to get down the field a bit.

Beasley had a better avg , but Juju did have five more tds. N

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Getting down the field just isn't Juju's job in the current offensive scheme, but you should approach Tomlin with your proposed changes to the Steelers' offense.  I'm sure he'd be interested...

Maybe that's why they got destroyed by the Browns in the first round of the playoffs...

10 hours ago, polecatt said:

Maybe that's why they got destroyed by the Browns in the first round of the playoffs...

There you go!  I'd lead with that when you meet with Tomlin.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, AxeElf said:

There you go!  I'd lead with that when you meet with Tomlin.

👍

You got it!

Don’t know how someone doesn’t like a low wr2 high wr3.  

Ju Ju played through ankle and knee injuries last season.  

New offensive coordinator Matt Canada is likely to use Ju Ju all over the field and not exclusively in the slot.

On 3/19/2021 at 12:03 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

There has to be more to Juju than what's out there.  Neither Davis or Fuller have been as productive as Juju and both got better deals.  Something doesn't seem right.

He’s a product of Pittsburgh’s system and Roethlisberger. Take away the rapist and he flat out sucks 

13 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

He’s a product of Pittsburgh’s system and Roethlisberger. Take away the rapist and he flat out sucks 

You can't downgrade him just because he has a therapist.

On 4/27/2021 at 12:54 AM, IGotWorms said:

I don't know about that.  In 2019, it's not like he was bad and other WR's were good.  I think that was more of an indictment on Rudolph and Hodges not being any good.

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't know about that.  In 2019, it's not like he was bad and other WR's were good.  I think that was more of an indictment on Rudolph and Hodges not being any good.

Well he certainly wasn’t able to rise above the situation, like an elite or even very good receiver. 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Well he certainly wasn’t able to rise above the situation, like an elite or even very good receiver. 

The Steelers did have 2 RB's that they threw the ball to... a lot (95 targets between them), and two other decent WR's.  They were 26th in the NFL in pass attempts.  It's not like they were throwing the ball all over the field and he was the only one not getting any play.  I think his performance was more of a use issue than a performance issue.