wiffleball

Nobody

Can't wait to see this. Of course Bob odenkirk could read the telephone book and I watch it. Basically it's better call Saul meets John wick. Looks f****** fantastic. I may actually watch it in the theater.

• Like 1

My curiosity is piqued but it Odenkirk. How badass can he be? 

There have been billboard ads for this film all over Hollywood for the past few months.  I just see a guy getting punched in the face from all angles and think "nah, pass."

Meh.  Started strong but kinda fizzled.  I watched its entirety though which is rare for me.  Still, I'd only give it 6.5 stars.  

On 3/23/2021 at 7:26 PM, wiffleball said:

Can't wait to see this. Of course Bob odenkirk could read the telephone book and I watch it. Basically it's better call Saul meets John wick. Looks f****** fantastic. I may actually watch it in the theater.

I saw the trailer tonight, yeah looks pretty good, although it's a pretty common formula

I really liked it. Of course, I would watch Bob odenkirk read the phone book. But as far as the movie goes? It's the first one I've actually liked in a really long time. And the fight scenes are staged in such a way that you can kind of believe a guy like odenkirk is doing those things. It's not a documentary by any means. But there's pretty badass scenes. And a good chuckle or two. It's not quite as bad as some of the other movies where 9,000 rounds are fired at a guy and he never gets hurt.

On all, I really liked it.

If you're looking for a documentary, this ain't it.

And, was really cool to see Michael Ironside in it. You remind remember him as viper from top gun. He died a while ago. Cooler still was Jim from taxi. So cool to see him. He played it great.

10 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Was really cool to see Michael Ironside in it. You remind remember him as viper from top gun. He died a while ago. Cooler still was Jim from taxi. So cool to see him. He played it great.

How dare you... Ironside was Jester.

I've got this queued up for tonight.

Twenty bucks though.

46 minutes ago, HTH said:

I've got this queued up for tonight.

Twenty bucks though.

I linked it above.  

12 hours ago, nobody said:

How dare you... Ironside was Jester.

Dammit, you're right! 

Facepalm

We watched this today.  We're both Odenkirk fans.  It's basically John Wick meets RED.  The GF really enjoyed it.  She'd probably give it a 9 out of 10.  I liked it but would probably only give it 7.5 out of 10.  He did fine as a badass though.