Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

EdEx VI - The Remix

Our fearless leader is taking a much needed break, as previously stated I do not mind stepping in for the rest of this season to take over the duties normally handled by edjr.  From The Players draft thread everyone but edjr is still in, plus we added a previous member bostonlager keeping us at an 8 team field.   I believe edjr paid everyone their winnings plus all the funds bucketed for the season champion, so all members should be square monetarily speaking. 

We will keep the previous tournament schedule and I will re-post that later in this thread.  The next tournament is The Masters.  "Hello Friends"

A little housekeeping and where I need the league to chime in.  We've played three events in the season and accumulated EdEx season points / standings.  However, a player dropped and a new player entered mid-season.  How in the world do we reconcile that fairly for the new guy and the people who have fairly earned season EdEx points?  That's where I need some ideas and suggestions.  I'd love to come to a fair consensus by the league.  

The EdEx lives on, its the greatest thing here and I'll be damned if it dies quietly in the night.  Onward. 

JAN 28 - 31    
Farmers Insurance Open
Torrey Pines (South),  San Diego,  CA 

FEB 18 - 21    
The Genesis Invitational
The Riviera Country Club,  Pacific Palisades,  CA 

MAR 11 - 14    
THE PLAYERS Championship
TPC Sawgrass,  Ponte Vedra Beach,  FL 

APR 8 - 11    
Masters Tournament
Augusta National Golf Club,  Augusta,  GA 

MAY 20 - 23    
PGA Championship
KI Golf Rsrt. - Ocean Course,  Kiawah Island,  SC 

JUN 17 - 20    
U.S. Open
Torrey Pines (South),  San Diego,  CA 

JUL 15 - 18    
The Open Championship
Royal St. George's GC,  Sandwich, Kent,  ENG 

AUG 19 - 22    
THE NORTHERN TRUST
Liberty National Golf Club,  Jersey City,  NJ 

Start my season points at zero. I can catchup. 

Or I can take over Ed’s and split any winnings with him at the end. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

Start my season points at zero. I can catchup. 

Seriously?  That would be the easiest method but I love the confidence.  :cheers:

If Ed has any points you get them, unfortunately I still think it is zero.  :unsure:

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Seriously?  That would be the easiest method but I love the confidence.  :cheers:

If Ed has any points you get them, unfortunately I still think it is zero.  :unsure:

If he has zero, start me in the basement and I will try to work my way up 

15 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

If he has zero, start me in the basement and I will try to work my way up 

Thanks for making this easy;  welcome back and good luck. 

Give me some time and I'll go back in the old threads and try to re-create the current Ed-Ex standings from previous threads.  Please call me out on any errors. If anyone has already done this please help.  Team effort.  

19 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Give me some time and I'll go back in the old threads and try to re-create the current Ed-Ex standings from previous threads.  Please call me out on any errors. If anyone has already done this please help.  Team effort.  

Thank to7 for taking over.  I look forward to the continued fun!

12 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Everyone has no money owed, everyone has been paid.

Here are the standings going into Masters. 

Edex Cup Standings

Dain – 5+3 = 8
KSB – 3+4 = 7
AD – 2+5 = 7
WW – 4
Cruzer - 2
Fumble – 1+1 = 2

Any questions feel free to ask. Good luck fellas. 

Will still do the money if you want. Entirely up to you. KSB is definitely trustworthy.

How many points did Edjr have? And the wet opening?

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Edex Cup Standings

Dain – 5+3 = 8
WW – 4
KSB – 3+4 = 7
AD – 2+5 = 7
Cruzer - 2
Fumble – 1+1 = 2

Will still do the money if you want. Entirely up to you. KSB is definitely trustworthy.

glad we are still a go

remember majors are more QuitEx Cup points. 

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

glad we are still a go

remember majors are more QuitEx Cup points. 

:first:

Only 8 people though. 7,5,4,3,2,1  

5,4,3,2,1 for regular

• Thanks 1

So, Monday morning of next week is our start date for Masters draft, correct?

• Thanks 1

Is Ed still collecting the money? If someone else is PM me your venmos 

17 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Is Ed still collecting the money? If someone else is PM me your venmos 

No one has really said yet.  

It's going to be hard for me to not draft and hate the masters :cry:

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

No one has really said yet.  

It's going to be hard for me to not draft and hate the masters :cry:

By far the best tournament on the schedule. 

On 3/25/2021 at 7:47 AM, edjr said:

Edex Cup Standings

Dain – 5+3 = 8
KSB – 3+4 = 7
AD – 2+5 = 7
WW – 4
Cruzer - 2
Fumble – 1+1 = 2

Ed, that is totally up to you.  I assumed that since you were out that meant totally.  

I do not mind doing it either and can DM my email address as needed.  I only have PayPal but can set up Venmo if that is what everyone has.  

Either way, just let me know.  :cheers:

9 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Ed, that is totally up to you.  I assumed that since you were out that meant totally.  

I do not mind doing it either and can DM my email address as needed.  I only have PayPal but can set up Venmo if that is what everyone has.  

Either way, just let me know.  :cheers:

I don't want to be a pain in the butt, but I was banned from PayPal

8 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I don't want to be a pain in the butt, but I was banned from PayPal

:ninja:

Alright fellers, I set up a Venmo account and will PM everybody my email later today.

A little more administrative stuff.  @edjr paid everyone back all monies so we  have to refund the EdEx championship pot.  So when the time comes pleas send in $70 per Geek.  $40 for the Masters and $30 for the three events we have already played to set us straight.  @bostonlager only needs to send in $40 since he is new.  TIA.

@Fumbleweed

@Cloaca du jour

@WhiteWonder

@dain11279

@Cruzer

@Alias Detective

EdEx Scoring:

Majors:  7,5,4,3,2,1  

Non Majors:  5,4,3,2,1 

EdEx Standings:

Dain – 5+3 = 8
KSB – 3+4 = 7
AD – 2+5 = 7
WW – 4
Cruzer - 2
Fumble – 1+1 = 2

41 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

A little more administrative stuff.  @edjr paid everyone back all monies so we  have to refund the EdEx championship pot.  So when the time comes pleas send in $70 per Geek.  $40 for the Masters and $30 for the three events we have already played to set us straight.  @bostonlager only needs to send in $40 since he is new.  TIA.

@Fumbleweed

@Cloaca du jour

@WhiteWonder

@dain11279

@Cruzer

@Alias Detective

Should be $60. We've only done two events thus far. 

25 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Should be $60. We've only done two events thus far. 

Correct, sorry,  looked at the original schedule but I think we skipped the first one.  

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Correct, sorry,  looked at the original schedule but I think we skipped the first one.  

Yes, we did. Masters will be our third event. 

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

@Fumbleweed

@Cloaca du jour

@WhiteWonder

@dain11279

@Cruzer

@Alias Detective

Send money to your or edjr?

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Send money to your or edjr?

Me. I don’t want to make Ed keep up with stuff if he’s out. 

$60 from everyone, $40 from bostonlager. Sorry for the confusion earlier, we skipped the Farmers.

Also, we will be $20 short on the full amount paid to the EdEx winner (Ed's piece for the first two tournaments).  HOWEVER, considering our fearless leader has ran this thing for 5 seasons this will not be asked for and is a token of our appreciation to Ed.  Keep it bro, no worries, and thanks for starting this and running it!

Agreed? 

Ok, I'll come clean - I've not followed all what's happened money wise. Help me out: 

* We've played 2 events, each event I paid $40. 

* I got $20 back from Ed.... What exactly was that for? If it was for the extra $15 paid each week, shouldn't I have gotten $30 back? 

* The entry fee for the Masters is now $60? :huh:

22 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Ok, I'll come clean - I've not followed all what's happened money wise. Help me out: 

* We've played 2 events, each event I paid $40. 

* I got $20 back from Ed.... What exactly was that for? If it was for the extra $15 paid each week, shouldn't I have gotten $30 back? 

* The entry fee for the Masters is now $60? :huh:

This is my understanding, if wrong please let me know.

It's $40 per tournament.  $30 goes to the individual event and $10 to the EdEx Champion fund.

We have played 2 events thus far, Ed sent back the $20 to each person so we need to refund those monies to the final EdEx pot for the eventual champion.  Thus the $60 this week.

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This is my understanding, if wrong please let me know.

It's $40 per tournament.  $30 goes to the individual event and $10 to the EdEx Champion fund.

We have played 2 events thus far, Ed sent back the $20 to each person so we need to refund those monies to the final EdEx pot for the eventual champion.  Thus the $60 this week.

Oh was it $30 to the event? Cool, didn't matter - I was just happy to actually get some money back. :lol:

I'm not down for kicking in anything extra this week, or any other for that matter. 

Edex may still be hosting events, but it's dead as far as a season long championship is concerned. We're on life support now, this thing has hit the iceberg - let's just try to get her to the house. 

@edjrI sent you $45. Can you please send @KSB2424 $40?  Keep $5 for yourself for the trouble. 

I tried to send it myself, but they wanted me to input the last few digits of his phone number, a stool sample, and the maiden name of his 2nd cousins great grandmother on his mother’s side of the family. 

my 2 cents on a couple points.

1. I love Ed. Sad he's not participating. I would still make him pay the $20 for the first two Edex events. Thems the rules..... Is that being a hard ass? Well, lets think about it... If he had quit after 6 events because it was ruining golf for him would it still be okay? Would anyone else get their money back if they quit? Sure, Ed collects the money and pays everyone out but Cruzer does the draft boards, I did the scoring every event until late last year when guys like Fumble and Dain pitched in.... as much as I love Ed, just because it's called the Edex doesn't mean it can't run without him. It was on life support WITH him. 

2. Cruzer brought up ending the Edex part of this. I can see an argument for it but I would like to keep it. We are 2 events in to the 7 event season with 4 majors still to go. If we axe the Quitex Cup, then its just 8 guys drafting with the hopes of coming in 1st or 2nd for that singular event. I like the idea that you can come in 3rd or 4th, win no money but still stay in the season long race for an ending payout. 

3. Speaking of the payouts.  Im sure someone remembers and can post the breakdown for the Edex? was it winner takes all or is it 1-2-3?  $10x8=$80  $80x7=$560   That works nicely to a breakdown of....

1st - $320   (or $400)

2nd - $160   (or $160)

3rd - $80

What’s the draft order?