Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Daily COVID-19 Cases on the Rise in 27 States

Thank gawd we started a thread about Covid.  Hey @edjr, honest question:  do you get paid by the number of threads you start? 

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Really?  I'm not seeing much of a change here in Cumberland/Camden counties.

im in burlington. and work in gloucester a lot. it's just what im seeing. i hardly missed a day of work since last march. knew a handful of people that were positive all year. now personally know about 20 right now. and from what customers and people i talk to in area....everyone knows a lot of people with it right now.

5 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

im in burlington. and work in gloucester a lot. it's just what im seeing. i hardly missed a day of work since last march. knew a handful of people that were positive all year. now personally know about 20 right now. and from what customers and people i talk to in area....everyone knows a lot of people with it right now.

I live in Cumberland, work in Camden.  Camden has always been higher because of the commute with Philly, but not bad.  Cumberland was never really that bad.  We had an intern test positive last week.  She was the first one since the summer.  We have 25 people in our group (not in every day... only about 15 daily), only 3 people tested positive since the whole thing started.  We have patients in all the time and none of them or their family members have had it since the summer.   There's actually a few to this day, don't personally know someone who's had it.  But still, I'm guessing the increases are more due to the nice weather we've had lately and people going out more.

I can see how Burlington and Gloucester would be on par with Camden though.

@cdub100 @TK0001

Look at the Diagnostic Testing tab.  It shows the daily positivity rate as well as the number of diagnostic tests.  Paints a much better picture than number of daily cases.  The media was saying how the number of cases was doubling, but the forgot to mention that there were double (or more) tests performed.  Just using the number as a scare tactic.  I prefer to keep an eye on the positivity rate.

Edited by Twinsdad

10 minutes ago, Twinsdad said:

@cdub100 @TK0001

Look at the Diagnostic Testing tab.  It shows the daily positivity rate as well as the number of diagnostic tests.  Paints a much better picture than number of daily cases.  The media was saying how the number of cases was doubling, but the forgot to mention that there were double (or more) tests performed.  Just using the number as a scare tactic.  I prefer to keep an eye on the positivity rate.

Yes, I mentioned I use the positivity rate. I really only pay attention to that and hospitalizations, though I keep track of lots of other stuff.

That said, Michigan's positivity rate is skyrocketing, no doubt about it. I has been on the rise for four weeks. Hospitalizations are up as well. Deaths, not yet. Hopefully they'll stay that way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Hey @jerryskids eat a bag o' richards

I have a T-shirt that reads...

Thou may ingest a satchel of Richards

The number of people that can not figure out what it means is frightening.  

16 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

I have a T-shirt that reads...

Thou may ingest a satchel of Richards

The number of people that can not figure out what it means is frightening.  

nice!

2 hours ago, TK0001 said:

A cumulative chart will only show you an increase from one day to the next. For example, we had 450 cumulative cases yesterday (meaning from day one, 450 total cases). Today the cumulative total is 463. So the line would just go from 450 to 463. It can never go down, because it's just counting the entire bulk of all the cases, adding that day's new total to the pile (or deaths, or hospitalizations, etc).

They key is to look at the increases. We had only 13 new cases today, but three days ago we gained 85. So that's a much better pace. The best you can get is a flat line, when we get zero cases.

I have kept a running chart of Michigan's positive rate (daily tests/daily positives) since last June. We were essentially flat at about 2-3% daily until early December, when we launched up to just under 12%. Then right back down again. And now we're climbing again, to just under 10%.

Yeah and even if you do actually look at confirmed daily cases the spring peak in MI looks like it was around 4/7.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/michigan/

And good job being nice to cdub.  I have a feeling if some other people on this site didn’t know how to read a cumulative chart there would be a lot more disparaging words being thrown around.

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

And good job being nice to cdub.  I have a feeling if some other people on this site didn’t know how to read a cumulative chart there would be a lot more disparaging words being thrown around.

I only jump in people's sh!t when I know and/or like them. Doing it to practical strangers is what meatheads like HT do.

Covid cases in Texas are on the sharp decline. They are so far down in Dallas, famed Parkland Hospital closed up shop on their Covid ICU Unit. 

11 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Covid cases in Texas are on the sharp decline. They are so far down in Dallas, famed Parkland Hospital closed up shop on their Covid ICU Unit. 

Maybe wearing masks causes covid. :lol: