Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Karate, MMA, Boxing. What are you doing?

44 minutes ago, Mookz said:

With what you've learned so far, how much more confident would you be if you had to throw down with some random dude on the street?  :bandana:

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I already had the boxing to be confident, but now yes I would destroy a random dude on the street assuming they had no training.

#internettoughguy

More important question....how many 5 year olds do you think you can beat up at one time now?

On a serious note, good for you. Sounds like fun and I’m sure it’s an excellent workout.

5 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

More important question....how many 5 year olds do you think you can beat up at one time now?

On a serious note, good for you. Sounds like fun and I’m sure it’s an excellent workout.

3 maybe 4

On 5/12/2021 at 2:28 PM, Cdub100 said:

Earned my first stripe today.

Earned my second stripe today. 

There is only one white belt who beats me more than I beat him. The dude is 260lbs and all muscle, quick and skilled. I beat most blue belts and yesterday my purple belt coach couldn't tap me nor me him.

I beat my 260-pound peemus today while reading this macho exhibitionism. :wub:

Participated in my first tourney last Saturday going 3-1. I dominated during my three wins. Here are my sorry excuses as to why I lost my 4th match. 

1. I was on fight four while my opponent was on his first

2. I had just fought 5 minutes prior and all my fights went the distance. So I was exhausted. 

3. Within the first 30 seconds I had him in a guillotine, but I didn't get my arm all the way through his neck and he eventually slipped out.

4. Halfway through the match my shorts slipped down around my thighs (I had spats on so I wasn't flashing the crowd) but at that point, my legs were basically tied and I couldn't use them.

I had fun and brought home gold and silver for the gym.

8 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Participated in my first tourney last Saturday going 3-1. I dominated during my three wins. Here are my sorry excuses as to why I lost my 4th match. 

1. I was on fight four while my opponent was on his first

2. I had just fought 5 minutes prior and all my fights went the distance. So I was exhausted. 

3. Within the first 30 seconds I had him in a guillotine, but I didn't get my arm all the way through his neck and he eventually slipped out.

4. Halfway through the match my shorts slipped down around my thighs (I had spats on so I wasn't flashing the crowd) but at that point, my legs were basically tied and I couldn't use them.

I had fun and brought home gold and silver for the gym.

Awesome, good for you!  Tourneys are where you move from dabbling in a martial art to competing in it. :thumbsup: 

How does it work that you were on your 4th match and the other guy on his first?  I can see one extra match because of byes but not 3.

I've competed in a bazillion TKD tourneys but those matches are 2 minutes each.  I watched my son at a BJJ tourney and 5 minutes is no joke; you need to be in good cardio to do that.  One or two folks puked on the mat.  Speaking of that son, he is back into it and I'm glad for him.  

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Awesome, good for you!  Tourneys are where you move from dabbling in a martial art to competing in it. :thumbsup: 

How does it work that you were on your 4th match and the other guy on his first?  I can see one extra match because of byes but not 3.

I've competed in a bazillion TKD tourneys but those matches are 2 minutes each.  I watched my son at a BJJ tourney and 5 minutes is no joke; you need to be in good cardio to do that.  One or two folks puked on the mat.  Speaking of that son, he is back into it and I'm glad for him.  

I participated in Gi and No-Gi. He only did No-Gi. I felt like he should have gone first but they made me and another guy fight first.

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I participated in Gi and No-Gi. He only did No-Gi. I felt like he should have gone first but they made me and another guy fight first.

Cool, thanks. I only recall gi matches at my son's. :cheers: 

33 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Puked? Jeez. And a whole 5 minutes? :shocking:

I would advise you to never try boxing.

22 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I've boxed, BJJ and MMA. All are amazing workouts. 

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Tell us about your boxing experience, Iron Mike.  :cheers:

I received two strips tonight making me a 4 stripe white belt. I got blue coming hopefully sometime this year.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 12:31 AM, Cdub100 said:

I received two strips tonight making me a 4 stripe white belt. I got blue coming hopefully sometime this year.

Today was the day I received my blue belt.

10 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Today was the day I received my blue belt.

Congrats!  I know there is a hella lot of work that goes into belt advancement in that style.  My son got back into it recently and is hoping to earn his blue belt soon.  :cheers:

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Congrats!  I know there is a hella lot of work that goes into belt advancement in that style.  My son got back into it recently and is hoping to earn his blue belt soon.  :cheers:

Thanks Jerry. 340 hours of mat time. 2 tourneys with a record of 4-1 (2 golds) countless hours of study and working out. One major injury and countless small boo-boos. I expect I will need to double that for purple (hopefully no other major injuries).

First stripe on my blue belt today.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

First stripe on my blue belt today.

Congrats!  I forgot to mention that my son got his blue belt a few months back.  :cheers:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Congrats!  I forgot to mention that my son got his blue belt a few months back.  :cheers:

Is he still showing up?

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Is he still showing up?

Yeah, he goes consistently.  He had bulked up to 200+ pounds but realized that he was competing with some very large, strong guys, so he talked about shedding about 10 pounds or so for his latest tourney and compete down a class.  :thumbsup: 

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, he goes consistently.  He had bulked up to 200+ pounds but realized that he was competing with some very large, strong guys, so he talked about shedding about 10 pounds or so for his latest tourney and compete down a class.  :thumbsup: 

Smart I'm in the -215 category and plan to move to the -200 soon. There are pros and cons to both.

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Smart I'm in the -215 category and plan to move to the -200 soon. There are pros and cons to both.

I think it depends on your natural body size.  He was unnaturally heavy at that weight, and I just don't think it is the same.  IMO find your natural weight and maybe go down one based on how close the boundary is.  

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I think it depends on your natural body size.  He was unnaturally heavy at that weight, and I just don't think it is the same.  IMO find your natural weight and maybe go down one based on how close the boundary is.  

True. I also find the smaller guys are faster and or lanky. Which causes it's own problems. Is he competing in Grappling industries, Fuji, NAGA? 

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

True. I also find the smaller guys are faster and or lanky. Which causes it's own problems. Is he competing in Grappling industries, Fuji, NAGA? 

He does mostly IBJJF

I kick Yooper ass with a martial art illegal in 57 countries, but not this one.

2nd stripe on my blue belt today.

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

How many stripes on your blue ?

49 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

2nd stripe on my blue belt today.

Congrats!  We're seeing our son Friday (blue belt, no stripes that I know of) for lunch.  He's been out of town on business but had a tourney shortly before that, I need to see how the tourney went and how his training is going.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Congrats!  We're seeing our son Friday (blue belt, no stripes that I know of) for lunch.  He's been out of town on business but had a tourney shortly before that, I need to see how the tourney went and how his training is going.  :cheers: 

Hopefully it went well. I might compete in January not sure

37 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Waste of money.

Well, that's a stupid comment.  Why, pray tell, do you say that?

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Well, that's a stupid comment.  Why, pray tell, do you say that?

Because Cdumb has criticized me for spending money on taking my wife and kids on vacations, concerts, sporting events and other adventures while he spends thousands of dollars on Krag MAGAtard and his time in a gym engaged in gay sweaty combat with other men, learning self-defense he'll likely never use and I easily could defeat with the gun I carry.

I was just commenting that martial arts are so good for you in so many ways -- fitness, goals, respect, self-defense, community -- that on the surface your comment was dumb.  But if you've got some juvenile thing going with him, carry on.

Also I'm not surprised that you are "yer kung foo won't help against muh gunz!" guy.  :thumbsup: 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I was just commenting that martial arts are so good for you in so many ways -- fitness, goals, respect, self-defense, community -- that on the surface your comment was dumb.  But if you've got some juvenile thing going with him, carry on.

Also I'm not surprised that you are "yer kung foo won't help against muh gunz!" guy.  :thumbsup: 

I'm just making a point about where we choose to spend our money, and it costs a lot of money to do his training, and he criticized me about me putting my money on providing my family with lifetime experiences.

I can put on my running shoes, achieve fitness and not engage in an expensive exchange of bodily fluids with men in pointless combat to achieve a meaningless colored belt, but if that kind of thing turns you on, you go boy!

HAWWWWWWW HEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWW HEEEEEEE HAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!

:clap: