Djgb13

What’s going on with the voting law Georgia passed?

I’ve been seeing where people are saying it’s “Jim Crow 2.0” but all I’ve really seen is that in order to vote absentee you need an ID. Of course, I could be missing a lot but that’s the gist of what I’ve read. And apparently some black dem lawmaker got arrested for trying to stop it 

Blacks are too dumb to get an ID. Therefore, requiring an ID is plain old fashioned racism designed to disenfranchise dumb blacks. 

That's their claim. Now tell me who the true racists are. 

• Thanks 1

I support voter I.D.  with that said, the I.D. should be free to get.  You cannot charge people money for something and then require it to vote.  I am against that, doesn't pass my amendment test.    

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I support voter I.D.  with that said, the I.D. should be free to get.  You cannot charge people money for something and then require it to vote.  I am against that, doesn't pass my amendment test.    

https://dds.georgia.gov/identification-cards-fees

Georgia ID Card for Voting Purposes Only (NOTE: Must provide proof of valid voter registration)    8 Years    No Fee When Qualified

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I support voter I.D.  with that said, said I.D. should be free to get.  

If they're required by law they should be free. But the claim is that blacks are unable to procure ID. Not that they can't afford it but that they apparently don't know where the DMV is or can't figure out a way to get there. 

It's really insulting to blacks and I'm sure many of them see it that way but others will fall for the "racist right" mantra. And those are the ones the left targets with this tripe. 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

MLB players assoc has threatened to move All Star game away from Atlanta because of this

Jesus. They just don’t know when to stfu. 

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

MLB players assoc has threatened to move All Star game away from Atlanta because of this

It's crazy that people who have the backing of the government, major corporations, media, unions, and big tech: think they are marginalized.

Biden is now saying they are going to look at it and have the justice department step in. Remind me again how just having someone show an ID is racist? Cause we aren’t asking just blacks to show ID. It’s for everyone. You literally need an ID to open a bank account. And I’m SURE all those blacks that’s get government assistance, stimulus checks, food stamps, etc ALL have their IDs and aren’t shy from showing them for that free money. So what’s the problem with showing it when you’re doing something that affects the welfare of everyone in the country? 

• Like 1

Well I ain't particularly sure, but I have to think that that Boss Hogg has something to do with it.

7 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Well I ain't particularly sure, but I have to think that that Boss Hogg has something to do with it.

Well he didn't do it by himself.

Coo coo coo  :ninja:

• Haha 2

I don’t really have strong opinions either way on this one and don’t know all the details.  But what’s the story behind the provision about not allowing someone to give water to a person waiting in line? 

4 hours ago, Fireballer said:

I think republicans would be perfectly fine if MLB moved every single one of their teams out of red states.

Indians
Reds
Rays
Marlins
Cardinals
Royals
Rangers
Astros

Not a tear would be shed.

Michigan is set to pass new voter laws without democrat governor Whitmer having a say.  Not mentioned in all of this is that, when a state flips from one party to another, the state legislature will flip FIRST.  Despite a democrat in the governor's mansion, the state legislature is now fully GOP-controlled in the state and can enact new laws without her consent.  This is a prelude to the state permanently turning red.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/michigan-gop-voting-bills/2021/03/26/id/1015350/?oRef=vuukle

Also note, even though the democrats won the state of Georgia, Georgia has a republican governor and the GOP controls both houses of its legislatures.  Its not blue at all.

Republicans control both houses of the state legislature in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas and Florida. 

The one rare state with a split state legislature is Minnesota.  But even that will be red soon.

48 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Michigan is set to pass new voter laws without democrat governor Whitmer having a say.  Not mentioned in all of this is that, when a state flips from one party to another, the state legislature will flip FIRST.  Despite a democrat in the governor's mansion, the state legislature is now fully GOP-controlled in the state and can enact new laws without her consent.  This is a prelude to the state permanently turning red.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/michigan-gop-voting-bills/2021/03/26/id/1015350/?oRef=vuukle

Also note, even though the democrats won the state of Georgia, Georgia has a republican governor and the GOP controls both houses of its legislatures.  Its not blue at all.

Republicans control both houses of the state legislature in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas and Florida. 

The one rare state with a split state legislature is Minnesota.  But even that will be red soon.

Michigan will never have a none dem governor from here on out. They now know they can stuff all the ballots they want.

The Michigan gop is worthless they've done nothing while whitmer destroyed the state with her shut downs and mandates. 

Hell we are still locked down to this day.

This is what true racism looks like. Apparently there are ZERO poor white people in Oakland. 

11 hours ago, MedStudent said:

I don’t really have strong opinions either way on this one and don’t know all the details.  But what’s the story behind the provision about not allowing someone to give water to a person waiting in line? 

Georgia HB 531 has a section that prohibits “any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector.” Such giveaways will be banned within 150 feet of a building where people are voting, within any polling place or within 25 feet of any voter standing in line.

Seems reasonable. Why do people in line need water btw? Can’t they bring their own water? Also, it’s radical and racist to have to prove you have the right to vote before you vote? Leftism is a mental disorder.

The whole no food/water in line thing is about the homeless. It’s part of the bribe. See, people on the ground know what actually happens, not what the MS/Leftist media tells/doesn’t tell them.  The American people are completely ignorant of what goes on in the ghetto 

1 hour ago, Dizkneelande said:

Seems reasonable. Why do people in line need water btw? Can’t they bring their own water? Also, it’s radical and racist to have to prove you have the right to vote before you vote? Leftism is a mental disorder.

Articles I've read say it's racist because voting lines in urban areas tend to be much longer and people can wait several hours sometimes so they need water. 

I kind of understand both sides of this. Are people really going to be swayed by a burger or a coke? I guess they could be swayed since most people don't even know who most of the people on the ballot are, especially at the local level.

I can also see the side that says it's a difficult and lengthy process to vote in urban areas and people should be able to provide services that help people stand the long lines. I do agree that I don't understand why they can't bring their own water, though.

Maybe a decent compromise would be that you can only provide these services as a neutral party and can't be affiliated with any candidate or party.

If you don’t want it wait in line get an absentee ballot. Why is this shite so hard? It’s not.  They muddy it up on purpose so you don’t see. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If you don’t want it wait in line get an absentee ballot. Why is this shite so hard? It’s not.  They muddy it up on purpose so you don’t see. 

That would require planning in advance and planning in advance is white supremacy. 

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

That would require planning in advance and planning in advance is white supremacy. 

I’ve heard that to be the case. Also, being on time is very, very white supremacist. 

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So they can cheat.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Articles I've read say it's racist because voting lines in urban areas tend to be much longer and people can wait several hours sometimes so they need water. 

I kind of understand both sides of this. Are people really going to be swayed by a burger or a coke? I guess they could be swayed since most people don't even know who most of the people on the ballot are, especially at the local level.

I can also see the side that says it's a difficult and lengthy process to vote in urban areas and people should be able to provide services that help people stand the long lines. I do agree that I don't understand why they can't bring their own water, though.

Maybe a decent compromise would be that you can only provide these services as a neutral party and can't be affiliated with any candidate or party.

Why are the lines so long? I can’t find an honest answer to this other than it’s racist voter suppression which is ironic since the voting districts with the issues are controlled by Democrats. 

• Confused 1

I was at the polls before they opened this year. I had to wait in line. Somehow I survived. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I was at the polls before they opened this year. I had to wait in line. Somehow I survived. 

Your stamina that allowed you to wait that long without a burger and water is white supremacy. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The American people are completely ignorant of what goes on in the ghetto 

Amen to that

20 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Blacks are too dumb to get an ID. Therefore, requiring an ID is plain old fashioned racism designed to disenfranchise dumb blacks. 

That's their claim. Now tell me who the true racists are. 

:o :huh::wall:

37 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You probably have food in your fridge and running water. Must be nice.

17 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

I live in GA and it sure feels like it is moving blue.  All the people trying to get out of NY and Cal keep moving to Atlanta.  The Governor won a squeeker in back in 2018 by 1% over Abrams who everyone expects to win next time because of all the migration from blue states.   Pretty depressing. 

7 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

I live in GA and it sure feels like it is moving blue.  All the people trying to get out of NY and Cal keep moving to Atlanta.  The Governor won a squeeker in back in 2018 by 1% over Abrams who everyone expects to win next time because of all the migration from blue states.   Pretty depressing. 

People down the street from me moved in and they have cali plates. Let's there dog run around without a leash didn't clear snow from their sidewalks. 

Great neighbors so far.

25 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

People down the street from me moved in and they have cali plates. Let's there dog run around without a leash didn't clear snow from their sidewalks. 

Great neighbors so far.

Wait until they start voting.  They probably did not know what the snow was and to tie an animal down would be cruel. 

4 hours ago, edjr said:

:o :huh::wall:

You completely missed the point of his post.  :lol: 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Great neighbors so far.

A lot of liberal techies are moving to Michigan to support autonomous/electrification of cars.  Welcome to my world.  :wall: 

54 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You completely missed the point of his post.  :lol: 

:wacko:   Ok Einstein