mmmmm...beer

Sh!t to Do Before You Are Too Old List...

Going to be 47 this year... 3 years after that I'll be retired.  I want to start putting together a early bucket list for sh!t to do before I get to old (physically) enjoy it.  Let's make it a ongoing list boys... Give us all some ideas.

One comes to mind right off the bat for me...

- Machu Picchu : it's pretty high elevation wise and if you are gonna hike you'll wanna try it sooner than later.

Also... Maybe scuba... I've never done.. but I think I'd enjoy it? (Hello Rueben, are you for scuba?)

What else?

2 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Date a stripper ?

8 minutes ago, Boots11234 said:

Travel.  Bone as many women as you can.

Pretty sure if you ha e money you can do both of theses regardless of how old.

Find an old car and restore it or pay to have it restored. 

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Find an old car and restore it or pay to have it restored. 

Pay for a resto mod to his liking. LS turbo everything. 

Maccu piccu is very high on my bucket list, but I won't hike it. I'll either do the bus or the helicopter option.

Things on my travel Murtaugh list (I'm too old for this sh!t)

Running with the bills in Pamplona...

Brazilian carnival...

I'm pretty much over trekking at this point.

India. I've been fascinated with going there... but I just don't think I can pull the trigger. Too crowded, too aggressive, to filthy. Should have done it young. 

Things the clock is ticking on....

I really want to do Morocco and specifically the Sahara. Dune surf, sleep in the tents, ride the camels, etc.

Really wanna do an African safari before I'm too old to enjoy it.

Want to do the Trans Siberia train.

• Like 1

For a guy who spent years being the first guy through the door, I don't know if you're looking for an adrenaline rush or something relaxing. 

Sky diving if the former.

Fly fish a Montana river if the latter. 

:dunno:

date an older woman

date a younger woman

date a really hot woman

date a rich woman

or all at once

6 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

date an older woman

date a younger woman

date a really hot woman

date a rich woman

or all at once

Dude's a happily married family man. He's got all the woman he wants. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

nevermind

18 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

For a guy who spent years being the first guy through the door, I don't know if you're looking for an adrenaline rush or something relaxing. 

Sky diving if the former.

Fly fish a Montana river if the latter. 

:dunno:

I don't mind adventure but balls to the ball adrenaline is meh...  I've had enough for 3 lifetimes.  Relaxing is cool and I'll absolutely do lots of that... but I want to do stuff that when you're fifty is easy... When you're 65-70 no chance.

6 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

This... Mrs...beer does pretty good.  👍

19 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

date an older woman

date a younger woman

date a really hot woman

date a rich woman

or all at once

What if I've done all those for the last 20 years. Just really spread out?  😄

• Haha 1

How much time do you want the activities to take?

One thing I want to do when my kids are a little older is to hike back into Lost Twin lakes at Cloud Peak Wilderness area. It is a tough hike, somewhere around 9,000 feet in elevation and alot of uphill.

I hiked back there many times as a teen/young adult and want to show it to my kids. So it probably would not be on everyones bucket list.

https://naturalatlas.com/guides/lost-twin-lakes-hike-15421

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Watch Star Wars. :dunno:

Was in the service, got  married late, did/saw a lot before that. The one thing I had planned and was fairly close to pulling the trigger with a buddy of mine right before we both met our wives was a Stephen Ambrose/ Band of Brothers trip. The price  all in 10 or so years ago was about 10g. Start in Georgia where the airborne trained, head over to England, Portsmouth, where they staged before D Day, head across the English Channel and go to Normandy, then follow  the same route as in BOB to Berlin. You could pay extra, like 2g and go to Hitlers Eagles nest in Bavaria, which I would have done. I don’t know if they still do it, it was going strong back then, I can’t look, I still want to do it, I don’t think I ever will. That’s about it for me. Did all the sports stuff and bangin hores and all that already. Maybe Venice with the family, and will be taking them to Ireland whenever the China flu is done. The rest is water parks and Disney and stuff like that. I’m good with it. But that trip is my white whale. 

On 3/27/2021 at 7:28 PM, mmmmm...beer said:

I don't mind adventure but balls to the ball adrenaline is meh...  I've had enough for 3 lifetimes.  Relaxing is cool and I'll absolutely do lots of that... but I want to do stuff that when you're fifty is easy... When you're 65-70 no chance.

Then I'd say do all of your international travel while you're still young. Go everywhere you ever wanted. 

Then, when you've gotten that out of your system, you can travel the lower 48 in an RV and hit all the local hot spots and Geek Meats. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Was in the service, got  married late, did/saw a lot before that. The one thing I had planned and was fairly close to pulling the trigger with a buddy of mine right before we both met our wives was a Stephen Ambrose/ Band of Brothers trip. The price  all in 10 or so years ago was about 10g. Start in Georgia where the airborne trained, head over to England, Portsmouth, where they staged before D Day, head across the English Channel and go to Normandy, then follow  the same route as in BOB to Berlin. You could pay extra, like 2g and go to Hitlers Eagles nest in Bavaria, which I would have done. I don’t know if they still do it, it was going strong back then, I can’t look, I still want to do it, I don’t think I ever will. That’s about it for me. Did all the sports stuff and bangin hores and all that already. Maybe Venice with the family, and will be taking them to Ireland whenever the China flu is done. The rest is water parks and Disney and stuff like that. I’m good with it. But that trip is my white whale. 

Wow that is super interesting.  My son and I just did a BoB marathon last month.  Pretty cool... I may keep that one in mind.

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Then I'd say do all of your international travel while you're still young. Go everywhere you ever wanted. 

Then, when you've gotten that out of your system, you can travel the lower 50 in an RV and hit all the local hot spots and Geek Meats. 

This is probably a for sure.  We went to Rome and walked around for Mrs...beers 40th BD 4 years ago.  It was so awesome... But Fock did we walk alot... Like feet pounding laying in bed that night walking.  Also it was hot as Fock... I couldn't see doing that as an old man.

I'd like to hit Munich for Oktoberfest... Paris for food and museums... Dublin for Guiness etc... italy for awhile.. like several months to see everything.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Maccu piccu is very high on my bucket list, but I won't hike it. I'll either do the bus or the helicopter option.

Things on my travel Murtaugh list (I'm too old for this sh!t)

Running with the bills in Pamplona...

Brazilian carnival...

India. I've been fascinated with going there... but I just don't think I can pull the trigger. Too crowded, too aggressive, to filthy. Should have done it young. 

Things the clock is ticking on....

I really want to do Morocco and specifically the Sahara. Dune surf, sleep in the tents, ride the camels, etc.

Really wanna do an African safari before I'm too old to enjoy it.

Want to do the Trans Siberia train.

Four years ago I went on a company incentive trip to Dubai.  One night we got into Jeep’s and drove about 45 minutes out into the desert.  The drivers let some air out of the tires then buggied through the desert to a place where we watched a falcon hunting tour, sitting on the dunes drinking champagne.  Afterwards we drove a few minutes to a place where we rode camels, then sat in tents with middle eastern food, belly dancers, and other local entertainment.  It pretty much crossed off anything I had on my Middle East bucket list, other than seeing Giza or other specific landmarks.  Point being, you can arrange a trip to do the things you want to do.  :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

How much time do you want the activities to take?

One thing I want to do when my kids are a little older is to hike back into Lost Twin lakes at Cloud Peak Wilderness area. It is a tough hike, somewhere around 9,000 feet in elevation and alot of uphill.

I hiked back there many times as a teen/young adult and want to show it to my kids. So it probably would not be on everyones bucket list.

https://naturalatlas.com/guides/lost-twin-lakes-hike-15421

Yeah dude at that point.. I don't know if a timeframe matters.  When I retire at 50 I'll bring home more than I do now.. so.. nothing to have to get back to really.  That will be the cool part...  I don't want to be tied down to anything.

1 minute ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Wow that is super interesting.  My son and I just did a BoB marathon last month.  Pretty cool... I may keep that one in mind.

Yeah, they had a bunch of Stephen Ambrose trips. One was Lewis and Clarke. I’m actually afraid to look up those historical tours, there were a bunch of them a while back. I might get that bug and say Fock it and I shouldn’t, my kids are too young to bug out on them for two weeks. I would like to do one of those Viking cruises. My parents did amd said it was great. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Don't let age label you.

Oh I won't try too... But physically... I'm not the same dude ai was in my 20's... I doubt my 70 year old self will be my 50 year old self... Etc..

there is a very strong chance they cure aging before many of the posters here die.  so you probably have millions of years to do stuff.

• Haha 1

Just now, JustinCharge said:

there is a very strong chance they cure aging before many of the posters here die.  so you probably have millions of years to do stuff.

I love this guy. 

The risk to those in their 40s and 50s is that it might cost a ton of money to extend your life before you die.  So the smart play would actually be to NOT retire early and go "experience life" but instead go hard at making a fortune.

7 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Oh I won't try too... But physically... I'm not the same dude ai was in my 20's... I doubt my 70 year old self will be my 50 year old self... Etc..

I'll be 51 in two months and  I can still do most things I did in my early 30's. Just keep yourself in shape. If we make it to 70 might be a little different.

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I'll be 51 in two months and  I can still do most things I did in my early 30's. Just keep yourself in shape.

Preaching to the choir my man... I get ya.. just hope it'll last.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Four years ago I went on a company incentive trip to Dubai.  One night we got into Jeep’s and drove about 45 minutes out into the desert.  The drivers let some air out of the tires then buggied through the desert to a place where we watched a falcon hunting tour, sitting on the dunes drinking champagne.  Afterwards we drove a few minutes to a place where we rode camels, then sat in tents with middle eastern food, belly dancers, and other local entertainment.  It pretty much crossed off anything I had on my Middle East bucket list, other than seeing Giza or other specific landmarks.  Point being, you can arrange a trip to do the things you want to do.  :thumbsup:  

Sure. We went out into the Judean desert in Israel, but that's more a rocky desert than a dune one.

Yeah, there are some places that are better to do when you're young and poor, and some that are better to do when you are older and have some money. 

11 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Down the road a few years from now want to try the AP trail.

Wow that's pretty ironic.  Yesterday Mrs...beer and I bought an IKEA dresser from a guy who was selling everything in his apartment, so he could leave and go 'hike the whole Appalachian Trail? 🤔 

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Hawaii...active volcano

Old faithful

Is there anything you'd like to do that doesn't involve hot, wet ejections?  🤔

5 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Wow that's pretty ironic.  Yesterday Mrs...beer and I bought an IKEA dresser from a guy who was selling everything in his apartment, so he could leave and go 'hike the whole Appalachian Trail? 🤔 

That's cool and he picked the right time to do it with the way the world is now. If I had nothing holding me back I would go now.