Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

17 Game Regular Season

Recommended Posts

so does the season start earlier or end later?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the nfl isn’t that concern about players safety. More money  

For ff sakes, I like it, one extra week to have fun. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will open the door to more 15-team leagues, where every team plays every other team once, and they still get a 3-week playoff.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

This will open the door to more 15-team leagues, where every team plays every other team once, and they still get a 3-week playoff.

I guess that's one way of looking at it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, weepaws said:

I guess the nfl isn’t that concern about players safety. More money  

For ff sakes, I like it, one extra week to have fun. 

 

I don't think it's nearly the concern it was a few years ago.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they have the same number of things like concussions, and not to the same severity either.

You can't hit the QB any more. There's so many rules about how to tackle, personal fouls, etc. they've pretty much taken out hard hits.  Don't get me wrong, there's still some good pops, but nothing like it was.

Still, and extra game, more chance for injury. That's probably how they plan to off set some of the loss from the less physical play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I don't think it's nearly the concern it was a few years ago.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they have the same number of things like concussions, and not to the same severity either.

You can't hit the QB any more. There's so many rules about how to tackle, personal fouls, etc. they've pretty much taken out hard hits.  Don't get me wrong, there's still some good pops, but nothing like it was.

Still, and extra game, more chance for injury. That's probably how they plan to off set some of the loss from the less physical play.

And yet some wonder why I’ve stopped watching or listening to the games. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, weepaws said:

I guess the nfl isn’t that concern about players safety. More money  

For ff sakes, I like it, one extra week to have fun. 

 

It will expand rosters and give more jobs to players that don't make the league. If you are that worried about the player's safety, then maybe champion a movement to ban sporting events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

It will expand rosters and give more jobs to players that don't make the league. If you are that worried about the player's safety, then maybe champion a movement to ban sporting events.

Didn’t mention myself unicorn, I said the nfl, lets try to stay updated. More jobs to players that wouldn’t be playing, just watering down the game even more, good point   

Da. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nfl now showing they care even less about safety, that was a concern not long ago, now I see they will play three preseason games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Didn’t mention myself unicorn, I said the nfl, lets try to stay updated. More jobs to players that wouldn’t be playing, just watering down the game even more, good point   

Da. 

What? How does this make the NFL not concerned about player safety?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What? How does this make the NFL not concerned about player safety?

How doesn’t it ? 

DA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

How doesn’t it ? 

DA 

So that's what you think right? So this is all your opinion. 

What's "DA"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

So that's what you think right? So this is all your opinion. 

What's "DA"?

So we agree. 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So we agree. 

Thanks. 

Yeah. We agree it's your opinion. Yet you say this: "Didn’t mention myself unicorn, I said the nfl, lets try to stay updated. "

Not sure why you are calling me "unicorn". I'm straight, so, not interested in you. 

Stay on topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. We agree it's your opinion. Yet you say this: "Didn’t mention myself unicorn, I said the nfl, lets try to stay updated. "

Not sure why you are calling me "unicorn". I'm straight, so, not interested in you. 

Stay on topic.

Sure it’s my opinion, that’s what this forum is about unicorn. 

I think the nfl is full of hypocrisy, they say they care about the health of their players, they have watered down the game so much, and made it so simplest that even you can follow along.  

But they now had an extra game, they don’t care about the players , it’s all about money.  Now go back into your hole. 

And you post how they now will add more players to even water it down even more , that’s even worst. 

And that’s also my opinion. 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Sure it’s my opinion, that’s what this forum is about unicorn. 

I think the nfl is full of hypocrisy, they say they care about the health of their players, they have watered down the game so much, and made it so simplest that even you can follow along.  

But they now had an extra game, they don’t care about the players , it’s all about money.  Now go back into your hole. 

And you post how they now will add more players to even water it down even more , that’s even worst. 

And that’s also my opinion. 

Thanks 

If you are that worried about the player's safety, then maybe champion a movement to ban sporting events

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

If you are that worried about the player's safety, then maybe champion a movement to ban sporting events

So that’s what you think, that’s your opinion?m

Thanks n

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2021 at 4:27 PM, Ray_T said:

so does the season start earlier or end later?

My guess is the season ends later. There's no way the NFL would want to open the season during Labor Day weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season is going to end later, with the Super Bowl moving back later into February. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me this stinks. We have a 10 team league with a perfect schedule that was manually drafted 20 years ago 🤯 where we play the four division opponents twice, once in the first third of the year and the second time in the last third while we play the five out of division teams in the middle third for 13 regular season games. Now we have to figure out something new with the odd number of games. The immediate thing that popped into my head was messing with the bye weeks in the fantasy playoffs or moving to a two week championship cumulative total like some leagues already do. What are your thoughts on how to deal with this extra week of NFL games? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fearsome said:

To me this stinks. We have a 10 team league with a perfect schedule that was manually drafted 20 years ago 🤯 where we play the four division opponents twice, once in the first third of the year and the second time in the last third while we play the five out of division teams in the middle third for 13 regular season games. Now we have to figure out something new with the odd number of games. The immediate thing that popped into my head was messing with the bye weeks in the fantasy playoffs or moving to a two week championship cumulative total like some leagues already do. What are your thoughts on how to deal with this extra week of NFL games? 🤔

If you already have the "perfect" schedule, why make any changes.  For ff-purposes ignore the last two weeks instead of the just the last one.  Alternatively start your ff season in week 2 (since week one can sometimes be fluky anyways). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Showboat said:

If you already have the "perfect" schedule, why make any changes.  For ff-purposes ignore the last two weeks instead of the just the last one.  Alternatively start your ff season in week 2 (since week one can sometimes be fluky anyways). 

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Showboat said:

If you already have the "perfect" schedule, why make any changes.  For ff-purposes ignore the last two weeks instead of the just the last one.  Alternatively start your ff season in week 2 (since week one can sometimes be fluky anyways). 

Could also add an "all-play" in Week 1 or something; top half of the scores get a W, bottom half get an L.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Showboat said:

If you already have the "perfect" schedule, why make any changes.  For ff-purposes ignore the last two weeks instead of the just the last one.  Alternatively start your ff season in week 2 (since week one can sometimes be fluky anyways). 

honestly I  would argue that  makes  the  league better.   less of a  chance  your stud  player  gets  a rest  the  last  2  weeks of the  season.

I  wouldnt lengthen  your fantasy  schedule  to go with  the  longer  season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2021 at 2:57 PM, Fearsome said:

To me this stinks. We have a 10 team league with a perfect schedule that was manually drafted 20 years ago 🤯 where we play the four division opponents twice, once in the first third of the year and the second time in the last third while we play the five out of division teams in the middle third for 13 regular season games. Now we have to figure out something new with the odd number of games. The immediate thing that popped into my head was messing with the bye weeks in the fantasy playoffs or moving to a two week championship cumulative total like some leagues already do. What are your thoughts on how to deal with this extra week of NFL games? 🤔

Stop playing head to head. Should have stopped years ago. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2021 at 12:20 PM, weepaws said:

Nfl now showing they care even less about safety, that was a concern not long ago, now I see they will play three preseason games. 

I dont know about that.   I think its more a case of they care about money.

for the record, when the CFL switched from a 16 game regular season to 18 games, they said there would be an increase in injuries and I honestly have not noticed a difference. (not a significant one anyways)

Most of your serious injuries seem to happen early in the year.  Not sure why that is, but that seems to be the case. (no I dont have stats to back it up) 

that being said, I dont mind having the extra game.  I have found that 4 preseason games was too much anyhow.  

I think we will look back on this change in a couple of years and be fine with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m looking forward to the 18 game season with 2 byes and a double header Monday night game every week and some tues/we’d games as well. Gambling is factoring into all of this if you’re wondering why. NFL games 24 weeks a year.  Nice. It’s the cheapest entertainment around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I dont know about that.   I think its more a case of they care about money.

for the record, when the CFL switched from a 16 game regular season to 18 games, they said there would be an increase in injuries and I honestly have not noticed a difference. (not a significant one anyways)

Most of your serious injuries seem to happen early in the year.  Not sure why that is, but that seems to be the case. (no I dont have stats to back it up) 

that being said, I dont mind having the extra game.  I have found that 4 preseason games was too much anyhow.  

I think we will look back on this change in a couple of years and be fine with it.

Like I said , one more extra week for ff, ok with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you guy's / or your league's thinking about doing anything different for regular season?

We do 13 week season. 14-16 playoff. Thinking about keeping it the same. Or switching to a 14 weeker, with 15-17 playoff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going 14 week h2h. And the full season for total points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I’m curious as to if this changes anything as far as drafting? Feels like that extra game maybe makes you bump the higher scoring positions a little earlier doesn’t it? Because you get an extra game value out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think one game would change that, I’m going to draft Rbs and WRs early and often, always taken the player I think that will score thee most ff points first and so on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×