Sign in to follow this  
Mike Isles

SiriusXM Yikes

Bought a new car and SiriusXM was included then after a year we were charged $26.99 a month. After being lazy for a couple months I called today to cancel. They gave me an offer to keep it for another year for $6.06 a month including taxes and fees. 

PSA

29 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

I've been paying $5/mo forever, just by calling and asking every 6 months.

Thank you Mrs V. I set a reminder for 3/30/22 to “cancel” again. 

That works with a lot of subscriptions.  Just contact them and ask for a reduced monthly plan or else you will cancel.  I know my cell phone carrier even has a special category of phone plans that are modified due to stuff like this.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

That works with a lot of subscriptions.  Just contact them and ask for a reduced monthly plan or else you will cancel.  I know my cell phone carrier even has a special category of phone plans that are modified due to stuff like this.

You gotta be careful though because sometimes they will actually cancel your sh!t.  I usually tell them I'm thinking about cancelling but I really dont want to, I just need to save money.

I had a credit card cancelled after I told them I didn't want to pay the annual fee, hoping they would comp it, but they just cancelled the card.

12 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

You gotta be careful though because sometimes they will actually cancel your sh!t.  I usually tell them I'm thinking about cancelling but I really dont want to, I just need to save money.

I had a credit card cancelled after I told them I didn't want to pay the annual fee, hoping they would comp it, but they just cancelled the card.

They called my bluff once and I had to go a week without it. They called me after that week and told me they were able to find the same deal I had previously. $68 for the year. 

I actually spent the day doing this. Canceled gym membership (family plan and sons have their own plans so it was dumb not to do a long time ago). Went to cancel Newsday and went from $35.99 to $14.99 with online subscription 

Saved some money today. 

Next up Cablevision 

23 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

Bought a new car and SiriusXM was included then after a year we were charged $26.99 a month. After being lazy for a couple months I called today to cancel. They gave me an offer to keep it for another year for $6.06 a month including taxes and fees. 

PSA

Sucker. I got it for 3.99 a month!