Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bill E.

Shark tooth Contest: How many wins will The Pittsburgh Pirates Have this Year. 2 Winners

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, posty said:

Games left:  23

Wins: 50
HR: 110

Definitely won't hit the HR totals that most were expecting...

There is very good chance I will hit the harder of the 2 numbers, be close on the the other and get nothing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2021 at 11:46 PM, Bill E. said:

Mookz            33    76 
 

 

Cdub            38     75
Cloaca du jour    48    166

At about 37% they are looking at around 60 wins so probably someone in the group below will get it.   They have 100 homeruns so Fandaddy and W.W. are probably out. 


MTSkiBum    57    155
Posty            59    166
Fandaddy    59    190 :doh:
Mookz            61    144
WhiteWonder    61    153:doh:
Mike Honcho    62    176
TimmySmith    63    123
Voltaire    64    198


Strike            70    180
Beenhere    72    65
Joneo              74    154
Mike Isles    79    109
Buford            81    100
Alias Det    82    82
NorthernVike    101    101
5points            111    138

@Mookz stealing my wins number (not sure if he picked after me 😐 but I’m going to pretend he did) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

@Mookz stealing my wins number (not sure if he picked after me 😐 but I’m going to pretend he did) 

It's possible, but I don't think I really paid too much attention to what other people were picking or I would have slid down to 60.  :doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mookz said:

It's possible, but I don't think I really paid too much attention to what other people were picking or I would have slid down to 60.  :doh:

 

You might as well admit it, you @kutulu 'd him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Games remaining:  16

Wins: 54
Home Runs: 113

Remaining schedule: @CIN (3), @PHI (4), Cubs (3), CIN (3)

Guesses (wins) that still can be hit:

MTSkiBum    57    155
Posty            59    166
Fandaddy    59    190
Mookz            61    144
WhiteWonder    61    153
Mike Honcho    62    176
TimmySmith    63    123
Voltaire    64    198
Strike            70    180

I need them to go 5-11 the rest of the way...  I honestly think this has been the closest I have ever been to winning a Bill E. contest...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need them to win 7 so Mookz can do the right thing and forward his second winning prize to his good buddy, WW :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2021 at 12:58 PM, posty said:

Games remaining:  16

Wins: 54
Home Runs: 113

Remaining schedule: @CIN (3), @PHI (4), Cubs (3), CIN (3)

Guesses (wins) that still can be hit:

MTSkiBum    57    155
Posty            59    166
Fandaddy    59    190
Mookz            61    144
WhiteWonder    61    153
Mike Honcho    62    176
TimmySmith    63    123
Voltaire    64    198
Strike            70    180

I need them to go 5-11 the rest of the way...  I honestly think this has been the closest I have ever been to winning a Bill E. contest...

Good, I hope you win, I'm tired of sharing the spotlight with you... I'll be the biggest loser all by myself!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Games remaining: 11

Wins: 57
Home Runs: 117

Remaining schedule: @PHI (4), @CIN, CHC (3), CIN (3)

Guesses (wins) that still can be hit:

MTSkiBum    57    155
Posty            59    166
Fandaddy    59    190
Mookz            61    144
WhiteWonder    61    153
Mike Honcho    62    176
TimmySmith    63    123
Voltaire    64    198
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2021 at 2:52 PM, Mike Honcho said:

Good, I hope you win, I'm tired of sharing the spotlight with you... I'll be the biggest loser all by myself!

If they get really hot they might win 5 of the last 11 and you would get it.  But only if they catch fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

If they get really hot they might win 5 of the last 11 and you would get it.  But only if they catch fire. 

Bill me and you know both that ain't got to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, posty said:

Games remaining: 11

Wins: 57
Home Runs: 117

Remaining schedule: @PHI (4), @CIN, CHC (3), CIN (3)

Guesses (wins) that still can be hit:

MTSkiBum    57    155
Posty            59    166
Fandaddy    59    190
Mookz            61    144
WhiteWonder    61    153
Mike Honcho    62    176
TimmySmith    63    123
Voltaire    64    198
 

My money is on them hitting 50 HR's in the next 11 games but winning only 2.  Fandaddy it's a lock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

Bill me and you know both that ain't got to happen.

Yea it is a longshot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

Yea it is a longshot. 

I had 4 bucks yesterday on Pirates they went up 6-0 and thought I had this bet, Turns out they didn't score anymore and let the other team get 12 runs on them!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I had 4 bucks yesterday on Pirates they went up 6-0 and thought I had this bet, Turns out they didn't score anymore and let the other team get 12 runs on them!

Thats my Pirates!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One week to go...

Games remaining: 7

Wins: 58
Home Runs: 121

Remaining schedule: @CIN, CHC (3), CIN (3)

Guesses (wins) that still can be hit:

Posty            59    166
Fandaddy    59    190
Mookz            61    144
WhiteWonder    61    153
Mike Honcho    62    176
TimmySmith    63    123
Voltaire    64    198

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, posty said:

One week to go...

Games remaining: 7

Wins: 58
Home Runs: 121

Remaining schedule: @CIN, CHC (3), CIN (3)

Guesses (wins) that still can be hit:

Posty            59    166
Fandaddy    59    190
Mookz            61    144
WhiteWonder    61    153
Mike Honcho    62    176
TimmySmith    63    123
Voltaire    64    198

If they go 0-7 I still have a shot. I have you beat on home runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

If they go 0-7 I still have a shot. I have you beat on home runs.

Good point, but I was just posting on correct guesses for wins...

Also, I mainly posted it because I can't believe that I have gotten this close to actually winning one of these, but my home run guess is going to haunt me... 

However, knowing my luck, the Pirates will win one game this week and hit 60 home runs...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

If they go 0-7 I still have a shot. I have you beat on home runs.

Even the Pirates should be able to get 2 from the Cubs, they don't care at all anymore.  The Reds, who knows, they might get eliminated from the WC spot in the next day or two, so not sure how hard they go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

2-3 wins and mookz gets it. lets go @Mookz  !

It's gotta be 3 exactly though, these are Price Is Right (tiebreaking) rules, so if they land on 60, it goes to posty/fandaddy.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

2-3 wins and mookz gets it. lets go @Mookz  !

@Mookz won't let you have the tooth, he will let me have it because he won a week against me in Homers...

Right??  Right??  Maybe??  C'mon man...

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, posty said:

@Mookz won't let you have the tooth, he will let me have it because he won a week against me in Homers...

Right??  Right??  Maybe??  C'mon man...

:)

If the Pirates bless me with two teef I just might have to dump the Os for them.  :ninja:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mookz said:

If the Pirates bless me with two teef I just might have to dump the Os for them.  :ninja:

This is @Bill E.entire plan to create more Pirates fans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2021 at 1:51 PM, Mookz said:

It's gotta be 3 exactly though, these are Price Is Right (tiebreaking) rules, so if they land on 60, it goes to posty/fandaddy.  :(

Ahhh I thought maybe it would be viewed as tied between all the people with 59 and 61 and go to the home run breaker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Ahhh I thought maybe it would be viewed as tied between all the people with 59 and 61 and go to the home run breaker. 

That would have been better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bill E. said:

That would have been better.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with price is right rules. I just clearly didn’t go back and look at the rules before thinking mookz could win with 60

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with price is right rules. I just clearly didn’t go back and look at the rules before thinking mookz could win with 60

It is a little different than Price is right.  Over by one beats under by 2.  With them you can not go over if I remember right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's number is 59 after an 8-6 win over the minor league team from Chicago.

Posty            59    166
Fandaddy    59    190

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Games remaining: 3

Wins: 59
Home Runs: 122

Remaining schedule: CIN (3)

Who is left:

Posty            59    166
Fandaddy    59    190
Mookz            61    144
WhiteWonder    61    153
Mike Honcho    62    176
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, posty said:

Games remaining: 3

Wins: 59
Home Runs: 122

Remaining schedule: CIN (3)

Who is left:

Posty            59    166
Fandaddy    59    190
Mookz            61    144
WhiteWonder    61    153
Mike Honcho    62    176
 

I hope it stays at 59 tonight and have the Reds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One game left against the biggest losers in the world, the Cincinnati Reds…

Wins: 61
HR: 123

Who can win:

Mookz            61    144
WhiteWonder    61    153
Mike Honcho    62    176

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, posty said:

One game left against the biggest losers in the world, the Cincinnati Reds…

Wins: 61
HR: 123

Who can win:

Mookz            61    144
WhiteWonder    61    153
Mike Honcho    62    176

Ouch 6-1 in the 6th.   Mike I was rooting for you.  Looks like Mookz again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So close....As long as I win a toof before @postydoes, I'm good.  Congrats  @Mookz

And again, Thanks Bill for putting on these contests----you single handily increased interested in the Pirates this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

So close....As long as I win a toof before @postydoes, I'm good.  Congrats  @Mookz

And again, Thanks Bill for putting on these contests----you single handily increased interested in the Pirates this year.

Dude, we are never going to win a tooth...  As I have said before, you and I could be the only two in a contest and we would both still lose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, posty said:

Dude, we are never going to win a tooth...  As I have said before, you and I could be the only two in a contest and we would both still lose...

True, true...  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×