Sign in to follow this  
Bill E.

I have the Moderna flu

Got the second Moderna dose yesterday.  I have not felt this shitty in years.  Chills, ache all over, can't sleep and feel feverish.  I have been up since 2 am.  If I am dead in the morning make sure to tell my wife's lawyer to sue Moderna though I am sure they have some kind of immunity (unlike me). 

I have felt like that for 2 days without the vaccine and the covid rapid test was negative.  Sorry Bill.  Maybe I am the guy who got the flu.

• Like 1

I was down and out after the 2nd Moderna for about 12-18 hours, the worst. Hope you feel better soon.

You'll feel fine by 2pm.  That's how it went for me and the 2nd shot.

That's much worse than Rona was for me.  Hope you feel better soon.  If you don't make it, I'll start a gofundme so we can buy all your shark toofs.

15 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

You'll feel fine by 2pm.  That's how it went for me and the 2nd shot.

That is the thing though and Bill will be alright in a bit and hope so. A elderly person not in good shape may not get over the second shot.

I got the second shot Wednesday. I feel okay, not great though. Probably nowhere near where you are. I was extremely tired yesterday though.

No surprise...  Most of the people I know that got the Moderna shots did not enjoy the next couple of days...

Just now, posty said:

No surprise...  Most of the people I know that got the Moderna shots did not enjoy the next couple of days...

That's probably why the Army got moderna. 

I got Moderna 1 on Tue.  Scheduled for 2 on April 28.  Sounds like I might need to take that day off?

15 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I got Moderna 1 on Tue.  Scheduled for 2 on April 28.  Sounds like I might need to take that day off?

Most people seem to be fine but there are a range of symptoms.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

I have felt like that for 2 days without the vaccine and the covid rapid test was negative.  Sorry Bill.  Maybe I am the guy who got the flu.

Should’ve worn a mask.

2 hours ago, Gladiators said:

That's much worse than Rona was for me.  Hope you feel better soon.  If you don't make it, I'll start a gofundme so we can buy all your shark toofs. we'll all get in line to start banging your wife.

FYP. 

Seriously, though, good luck.  My wife got the Moderna yet she didn't have any issues after the 2nd shot.  Seems like a crap shoot. 

My wife had similar symptoms after her second shot.  Took about three days to fully recover.  Her co-workers felt like crap two after getting it.

Anecdotally, it seems like the Moderna shot induces more side effects than the Pfizer one. It could be because Moderna uses 3X the mRNA compared to Pfizer, or because the protective lipid nanoparticles are different between the two. Or, it's a combination of both. Or, I have my head up my ass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry to hear. 

I've got my first Pfizer shot on Monday.  

:fingerscrossed:

Tell your wife about the contest before you die.  😆

• Haha 1

I had an employee call me the day after her second Maderna shot and said she felt like she drank a bottle of tequila and hasn’t drank a drop in years. Her son (off duty NYPD) had to come and pick her up. She was out two more days. 

I’m Pfizer 4/13. Looking to get J and J sooner. 

4 hours ago, MDC said:

Should’ve worn a mask.

I did, but apparently they aren't effective. 

5 hours ago, vuduchile said:

The day after.

3 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Tell your wife about the contest before you die.  😆

Will do.

Thanks everyone.  Feel some better now but still sluggish and feverish but the chills have passed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DonS said:

FYP. 

Seriously, though, good luck.  My wife got the Moderna yet she didn't have any issues after the 2nd shot.  Seems like a crap shoot. 

Yea my 81 year old Father.  He may have gotten Pfizer though.

34 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I did, but apparently they aren't effective. 

Not for people who are compromised or weak. :bandana: 

I think I may wait a couple more weeks and get the Johnson & Johnson one shot.  It's just one shot, is 75% effective against getting the virus but 99.99% effective at preventing hospitalization or death, which is really the only thing that matters.  And even if you are the 25% who do get it apparently it reduces the viral load so much you don't get all that sick, if at all (hence virtual no risk of hospitalization).

It's not an mRNA type vaccine.  And thus far has far less side effects like is being described in this thread.  At least that is what I've read online.  

9 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I think I may wait a couple more weeks and get the Johnson & Johnson one shot.  It's just one shot, is 75% effective against getting the virus but 99.99% effective at preventing hospitalization or death, which is really the only thing that matters.  And even if you are the 25% who do get it apparently it reduces the viral load so much you don't get all that sick, if at all (hence virtual no risk of hospitalization).

It's not an mRNA type vaccine.  And thus far has far less side effects like is being described in this thread.  At least that is what I've read online.  

Ivermectin, from the farm supply store, for prophylaxis is $10 for 6 doses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Tell tubby she can take it off.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Sounds like me. 

9 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Anecdotally, it seems like the Moderna shot induces more side effects than the Pfizer one. It could be because Moderna uses 3X the mRNA compared to Pfizer, or because the protective lipid nanoparticles are different between the two. Or, it's a combination of both. Or, I have my head up my ass.

I had zero issues with both Pfizers shots. 

5 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

is 75% effective against getting the virus but 99.99% effective at preventing hospitalization or death

Is this accurate?  

19 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Is this accurate?  

From all I have read, but man, who really knows.......they said 100% as not one person who got the vaccine in any trial was later hospitalized let alone died.  I posted 99.99% as, well, aint nothing 100%.    American Medical Association.

While J&J’s vaccine has 66.3% effectiveness overall and 74.4% effectiveness in the United States, it has “100% efficacy against hospitalization and death from the virus,” said Dr. Irons. “That's really what we have to focus on.”

She noted that White House Chief Medical Adviser Anthony Fauci, MD, among other top experts are “saying is that it’s really important to focus on the severe end of the spectrum, preventing hospitalization and death.”

“No hospitalizations occurred in the vaccine group 28 days or more after vaccination as compared to 16 in the placebo group,” said Dr. Fryhofer. “There were also no COVID-associated deaths among those who were vaccinated. That’s pretty powerful.”

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/what-doctors-wish-patients-knew-about-johnson-johnson-vaccine

Why are people who already had the chinavirus getting this vaccine? I guess if you had it last year, but in the last few months? That doesn’t make much sense. 

• Like 1

2nd Moderna day after I felt like I got hit with a truck.  Achey all over... Got a wicked bad headache starting at noon and lasted until about 8pm.  Nothing would touch it... light & noise sensitive.

Suuuuuuuucked....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why are people who already had the chinavirus getting this vaccine? I guess if you had it last year, but in the last few months? That doesn’t make much sense. 

No it doesn't, it's actually rather stupid based on...wait for it...the science. 

Personally, If I had the virus previously, I would wait, 4-6 months and then get a vaccine.  

Just now, KSB2424 said:

No it doesn't, it's actually rather stupid based on...wait for it...the science. 

Personally, If I had the virus previously, I would wait, 4-6 months and then get a vaccine.  

Exactly. But no one, especially the government, is saying that. I mean, this is quite simple, right? If I’m wrong I would love to hear why? 

I just looked it up, 9.7 % of people who got the Moderma vaccing got "sick" after the second dose, compared to 3.8% of the Pfizer.  

This data is not readily known or told because they want do not want people to choose, they want EVERYBODY to get a vaccine regardless, and its based on availability. 

You have to do your own homework.  

Right now my rankings are:

1. J&J

2. Pfizer

3. Moderma

4. AstraZenca (good luck with blood clots)

14 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I just looked it up, 9.7 % of people who got the Moderma vaccing got "sick" after the second dose, compared to 3.8% of the Pfizer.  

This data is not readily known or told because they want do not want people to choose, they want EVERYBODY to get a vaccine regardless, and its based on availability. 

You have to do your own homework.  

Right now my rankings are:

1. J&J

2. Pfizer

3. Moderm

4. AstraZenca (good luck with blood clots)&J

Not getting any unless crap gets real bad but agree with all you said and seems like J&J is the way to go if you are.

29 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

2nd Moderna day after I felt like I got bit with a truck.  Achey all over... Got a wicked bad headache starting at noon and lasted until about 8om.  Nothing would touch it... light & noise sensitive.

Suuuuuuuucked....

Sounds familiar.  I feel a lot better now.

• Like 1