Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Hand

MLB Pulls All Star Game from Atlanta

No chance of tuning in to any of that shlt. I'm hanging in with hocley and football for a bit.

This is only going to get worse. The woke-ass libs won this one, and they'll only get emboldened to keep pushing stuff like this for any perceived slight. Hell, eventually they'll be calling for boycotts merely because a state elected a Republican governor. I may be exaggerating, but then again, I may not be.

• Like 2

The upside of this is the 3 innings I watched last year are an hour I won't have to waste this year. And MLB will be playing with superballs by the AS break in an effort to win fans back. 15 homeruns a game. It won't be a game I recognize anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thornton Melon said:

This is only going to get worse. The woke-ass libs won this one, and they'll only get emboldened to keep pushing stuff like this for any perceived slight. Hell, eventually they'll be calling for boycotts merely because a state elected a Republican governor. I may be exaggerating, but then again, I may not be.

Everyone will be going to forced social justice training twice a week at work and every other Sunday before too much longer, followed by a cut in pay for reparations.  Then they will raid your home every so often for spot checks of racism.

15 hours ago, Drizzay said:

If nobody was going to watch it in the first place, did it really move?

Not to mention that they probably couldn’t have full capacity, so not sure if they’d even make much if any money off of it.  Do the Braves/GA really care about this?

Just now, TimHauck said:

Not to mention that they probably couldn’t have full capacity, so not sure if they’d even make much money off of it.  Do the Braves/GA really care about this?

GA probably does - even without the fans that’s a lot of lost revenue on hotels, dinner, transportation etc. for the players team reps and media.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I say the all-star game ends up in D.C. Or maybe Mexico. What do you guys think? 

China.

47 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Damn those white supremacist. 

I don't watch any all star game.  None.  They are all boring.  And everything with them.  Home run derby.  Dunk contest. Blah blah blah.  

10 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

It’s too bad they didn’t tell the corporate sponsors to get fuked.

This is why we need to tip our hat to the PGA and The Masters. 

42 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Let's have some corporate names. They should be woke enough to stand up for their beliefs. 

This is so so stupid...  But it doesn't surprise me as MLB has been a wreck since Manfred took over...

You need an ID to buy beer, rent a car, drive, buy cigarettes, open a bank account, cash a check, pickup tickets at will call and many many more things...

God forbid that you sign into a law a requirement to show an ID to vote...  That is just racist...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MDC said:

GA probably does - even without the fans that’s a lot of lost revenue on hotels, dinner, transportation etc. for the players team reps and media.

I think we're reaching the point where rejecting the racist and fascist message of the democrats is more important than money.

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Let's have some corporate names. They should be woke enough to stand up for their beliefs. 

Yup they are so proud of their wokeness they should let us know which companies think protecting voting integrity is wrong.

11 hours ago, bostonlager said:

This guy continues to be unhinged.  Hopefully one day, being woke won't be so lucrative. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Fox News with the easiest focking Dub ever.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

:first:

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

This guy continues to be unhinged.  Hopefully one day, being woke won't be so lucrative. 

Makes me want to move to Georgia and spend my money there.

Oberman is a focking divisive dlckweed who has never known what the heck is going on around him.

9 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Oberman is a focking divisive dlckweed who has never known what the heck is going on around him.

He was Biden before Biden deteriorated into Biden. 

9 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Makes me want to move to Georgia and spend my money there.

We can only hope that his constant psychotic behavior is hardening his arteries and he will disappear permanently. 

in fact, the GOP controls the overwhelming number of state legislatures.  if MLB was to protest voter id, it needs to contract everything but seattle, san francisco, oakland, LA, anaheim, san diego, denver, minneapolis, chicago x2, new york x2, boston, and baltimore.  14 teams.  and they can probably fold minneapolis since that will GOP soon.

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

We can only hope that his constant psychotic behavior is hardening his arteries and he will disappear permanently. 

I think he was one of the first dudes to trigger the downfall of ESPN? That was one of the greatest television shows of all time for a little while there. But that goes back a ways.  Now I haven't even looked at ESPN for I don't know how many years now. I think I stopped completely watching in the middle years of the Mike and Mike show which at the time was the only thing I would watch on that station. Probably about 12 or so years ago I gave up on the whole station.

So, if peenie ever clicks on this thread again, She can read through this to help her out. creepy joe may want to read it as well. Cause that dude is as clueless as they come. 

The Left and their media allies have used the new Georgia election law (SB 202) signed into law last week as a pretext for their election takeover with HR. 1, leaning heavily on misconceptions, half-truths, and flat-out lies about the bill to make their case for a massive federal takeover of state election systems. Here are the facts:

Myth 1: The Georgia election law discourages voting/suppresses votes

FACT: The bill actually preserves or expands ballot access in several important ways: It requires that large precincts with lines more than an hour long take steps like adding voting machines and election personnel for the next election to reduce wait times. It does not change the number of total early voting days, and actually increases the mandatory days of early weekend voting. Compared to 2020, 134 of 159 counties will offer more early voting hours in future elections under the new law. It codifies election drop boxes, which did not exist prior to 2020. Voters can continue to vote absentee with no excuse(unlike states like Delaware, New York, and Connecticut, which require an excuse to vote absentee).

Myth 2: The Georgia law eliminates voting on Sunday to suppress African-American votes

FACT: Georgia law was silent on Sunday early voting days prior to SB 202, and in 2020 only 16 of 159 counties offered early voting on Sundays. The new law explicitly provides the option of holding early voting on two Sundays for all localities. It actually increases the mandatory days of early weekend voting across the state.

Myth 3: The Georgia election law suppresses the vote with onerous voter ID requirements

FACT: The law requires a driver’s license or free state ID number, which 97% of registered voters already have. Anyone without a valid ID can easily obtain one for free. The voter ID requirement replaces the state’s controversial signature match program that led to the disqualification of thousands of votes in 2020.

The law’s voter ID requirement for absentee ballots is overwhelmingly popular in Georgia across the board. According to an AJC poll in January, 74% of Georgia voters support it, including 63% of black voters, and 89% of those making under $25K/year.

Myth 4: The bill eliminates drop boxes for absentee voting

FACT: The drop boxes used in the last election did not exist a year ago. They were first utilized in 2020 as a pandemic precaution. This bill makes them an official part of Georgia elections, and they will be available in all 159 counties in Georgia and under supervision to protect against tampering.

Myth 5: The bill lets Republicans throw out any county votes they don’t agree with

FACT: The bipartisan State Election Board can do performance reviews of local election supervisors who fail their area’s voters with things like long lines and unfulfilled absentee ballot requests. The board will not overturn election results; the law simply provides a process to review and ensure officials are technically competent and complying with state laws and regulations . This process requires a high burden of proof over multiple elections, and the State Elections Board may only suspend up to four election supervisors at any given time, which guards against using this process to try to influence election outcomes.

Myth 6: The bill bans drinking water for voters while waiting in line

FACT: Like the countless other states that have very specific laws against electioneering near polling places, Georgia has codified rules preventing political groups from handing out food or water to voters in line as an incentive to vote, but specifically allows poll workers to make water available to anyone who wants it. The law will also directly cut down wait times, meaning refreshment for people waiting in line will be less necessary. 

17 hours ago, Reality said:

Fox News with the easiest focking Dub ever.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I mentioned that yesterday...  It is just stupid...

:lol: Typical woke liberalism at work.

Coca-Cola required ID in 2020 shareholder meeting, but slams Georgia for voter ID law

“At the entrance to the meeting, we will verify your registration and request to see your admission ticket and a valid form of photo identification, such as a driver’s license or passport,” the company wrote in reference to its 2020 annual meeting of shareholders, held before the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/coca-cola-required-id-in-2020-shareholder-meeting

On 4/3/2021 at 8:15 AM, bostonlager said:

KAPALUA, Hawaii — The PGA has pulled the 2022 PGA Championship, one of men’s golf’s four major tournaments, from a course owned by President Donald Trump, according to reports.

PGA President Jim Richerson says the organization’s board voted to withdraw the tournament from Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J., ABC News reports.

https://www.cleveland.com/politics/2021/01/pga-cancels-major-tournament-at-trump-owned-golf-course.html

30 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

KAPALUA, Hawaii — The PGA has pulled the 2022 PGA Championship, one of men’s golf’s four major tournaments, from a course owned by President Donald Trump, according to reports.

PGA President Jim Richerson says the organization’s board voted to withdraw the tournament from Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J., ABC News reports.

https://www.cleveland.com/politics/2021/01/pga-cancels-major-tournament-at-trump-owned-golf-course.html

I should rephrase. We need to tip our hat to Augusta National. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

They choose Denver. A state with voter ID laws.

But you can get water I bet. 

On 4/2/2021 at 5:36 PM, peenie said:

Since none of you live here and clearly have no idea what you are talking about, you all should really STFU. I hope every out of town business leaves. I moved here from NJ and it is fact that voter suppression and all sorts of illegal shenanigans are going on down here in Georgia. In NJ, they send out voter information. NO SUCH THING DOWN HERE. You have no idea where to vote, they change the polling location all the time. They change the times every single time there is a vote. In black areas, the voting boxes never work. You all are ignorant. Please mind your business. 

Holy Sh*t......Atlanta.....the only city nobody knows anything about 😱😱

Holy carp, I can’t believe I read the following in a Yahoo email.  Did somebody hack them?  :unsure: 

MLB strikes out

(Todd Kirkland/Getty Images)

By Jay Hart

Welp, here we are again – sports intersecting with politics.

Major League Baseball has decided to move its all-star game out of Atlanta over the Georgia voting bill.

This is a big deal, it warrants a discussion, so here it goes. This is my opinion. I don’t expect you to agree or disagree.

I think this is a bad move by Major League Baseball.

For starters, Rob Manfred just thumbed his nose in a very overt way at half his fanbase, if not more. In the poll we published last week, the number of people turning off sports on television because of its intersection with politics is three times the number who are turning on TVs for the same reason. It’s a significant net negative that will undoubtedly hurt baseball in its pocketbook, and for who knows how long.

Having read the bill — which, by the way, is much more of a time suck than three minutes on Ukranian darts — there are things in it I agree with, things in it I disagree with, but for the most part it falls within the ballpark of what I would consider reasonable.

But because there is no room for nuance in discussion anymore, any disagreement immediately metastasizes into the assumption that the other side is absolutely evil, which is how, “Hey, let’s provide water for voters, but maybe not have special interest groups with an agenda doing it” becomes “You’re making it illegal to provide voters water!” And the activist wing of the media, out of the closet as a massive collective now, churns that butter counterclockwise nearly every time.

Corporate America has seen how this works and figured out that if they simply go along, boom, a new narrative develops where it’s no longer the boogeyman. So when the spears do come out, having curried favor with the “right” people, it’s not at the tip of them.

And that’s how an all-star game is moved out of town.

The Twitter mob will be happy with Rob Manfred. But Twitter is not built for reasonable discussion. And now reasonable people will make the decision if baseball is worth their time or not.

Readers react: You've heard from us, now we want to hear from you. Hit us up at readandreact@yahoosports.com with your thoughts on Major League Baseball's decision or anything else in today's newsletter, and you might just see your words below.

Atlanta - 51% black 

Denver - 76% white 

Rob Manfred has also backed himself into a corner that will likely see him have to give up his Augusta National membership.

:overhead:

They will give it back to ATL next year. They focked up so bad, they just have to wait until early 2022 to announce it. By then their woketards will have long forgot what happened.