Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Hand

MLB Pulls All Star Game from Atlanta

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Rob Manfred has also backed himself into a corner that will likely see him have to give up his Augusta National membership.

:overhead:

I just learned this.  Manfred is a fukin member at Augusta.  LMFAO.  Go woke, go broke!  What a fukin hypocrite. 

• Like 1

Seems people are actually reading the Bill and discovering how much the media has lied to them. Some people are too far gone for that to ever be the case but, it is nice to see rational people figure this out on their own.

13 minutes ago, Reality said:

Seems people are actually reading the Bill and discovering how much the media has lied to them. Some people are too far gone for that to ever be the case but, it is nice to see rational people figure this out on their own.

peenie still hasn't realized why she moved from the sh1thole blue state to a red state, and wants to turn it into a sh1thole blue state. Keeping people ignorant is the lib agenda. 

25 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Holy sh!t.  Could you imagine if this was in the Georgia Bill?  David Duke-esque!!!

It not a swing state, those  votes are spoken for. Liberals are liars and FOS. 

Pretty good breakdown of how loony the left is about this new law that EXPANDS voting opportunities and provides more security to legal votes.

Odd that MLB does not seem to care about the many human rights abuses in China......

I guess they are playing some metrics that suggest their fan base is tilting over to the woke area.   Good luck with that.

Baseball is the suck anyway.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Why is this a big deal?

It’s not. You should go to another thread. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why is this a big deal?

What is “this”?  :dunno: 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not. You should go to another thread. 

Seems to have some people so upset that they are boycotting the MLB now.  So many thin skinned people out there.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

What is “this”?  :dunno: 

"This" would be the title of the thread.  Why are some people so upset they are moving the All-Star Game?

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

"This" would be the title of the thread.  Why are some people so upset they are moving the All-Star Game?

Oh, I thought maybe you wondered by Manfred overreacted and succumbed to woke virtue signaling pressure to penalize the city of Atlanta for a state bill which actually expands voting opportunities.  Never mind, no precedents being set here, carry on being a centrist.  :thumbsup:  

Just now, jerryskids said:

Oh, I thought maybe you wondered by Manfred overreacted and succumbed to woke virtue signaling pressure to penalize the city of Atlanta for a state bill which actually expands voting opportunities.  Never mind, no precedents being set here, carry on being a centrist.  :thumbsup:  

I don't think he should have moved it but MLB can do what they want.  Amazing how so many people who dislike the ASG are now upset at where it's being moved to.  Why let something like this effect you?  Not "you" directly, but in general.  There are people all over social media that claim to be lifelong fans of teams that are now boycotting them.  It's all so stupid.

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Seems to have some people so upset that they are boycotting the MLB now.  So many thin skinned people out there.

How is saying FU to an action by baseball make a person "thin skinned"? They are doing it to Georgia. Except their problem involves millions of dollars and my problem is....oh no, not watching it. I would enjoy if others don't as well. :dunno:

12 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

How is saying FU to an action by baseball make a person "thin skinned"? They are doing it to Georgia. :dunno:

Because something like that is bothering so much that they can't even bring themselves to support their team anymore.  People that have nothing to do with the state of Georgia are outraged by the decision.  To me, it's such a small thing in life to be bothered by.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Because something like that is bothering so much that they can't even bring themselves to support their team anymore.  People that have nothing to do with the state of Florida are outraged by the decision.  To me, it's such a small thing in life to be bothered by.

It's not a small thing for the people who were both counting on their income related to it being there, as well as those who bought tickets and have plans for being there.

And oh yeah. There's that huge political statement about our election process that the president of the US creepy joey himself was compelled to get in on it and address it.

And oh yeah, it's affecting large corporations like MLB, NBA, Coke, Delta, etc. 

Oh, who cares about that? 

You seem lost.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Because something like that is bothering so much that they can't even bring themselves to support their team anymore.  People that have nothing to do with the state of Florida are outraged by the decision.  To me, it's such a small thing in life to be bothered by.

I always love this straw man. It's sad and pathetic.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

It's not a small thing for the people who were both counting on their income related to it being there, as well as those who bought tickets and have plans for being there.

And oh yeah. There's that huge political statement about our election process that the president of the US creepy joey himself was compelled to get in on it and address it.

You seem lost.

Not lost at all.  There are a small percentage of people who are directly effected by this decision and I understand why they would be upset.  They have a legit reason to be upset.  I've been talking about the others spouting off their fake outrage.  The ones who complain about cancel culture then turn around and do the same thing.  The back and forth stupidity between the left and right just keeps getting worse.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

I always love this straw man. It's sad and pathetic.

Pissing and moaning about a sport moving their ASG is what's sad and pathetic.  Moving the ASG in the first place is also pathetic.  It's a dumb reason to move it.

Not lost at all.  There are a small percentage of people who are directly effected by this decision and I understand why they would be upset.  They have a legit reason to be upset.  I've been talking about the others spouting off their fake outrage.  The ones who complain about cancel culture then turn around and do the same thing.  The back and forth stupidity between the left and right just keeps getting worse.

Even your hero stacey abrahms is rattled about it. 

I myself think that if a business stands for something stupid like this, I just don't buy their product anymore. No problem for me.

But abrahms is rather unhappy. :)

Either way, I care very much about our election practices work. Even if you don't.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Even your hero stacey abrahms is rattled about it. 

I myself think that if a business stands for something stupid like this, I just don't buy their product anymore. No problem for me.

But abrahms is rather unhappy. :)

Either way, I care very much about our election practices work. Even if you don't.

I don't really know who she is.  Heard the name but know nothing about her.

I care about our election practices and am not against voter ID.

MLB can do what they want, regardless of any of this.  I see no reason why I would let it effect my enjoyment of watching the Cubs.

MLB has given me other reasons for being pissed at them, and that's their blackout restrictions.  They are making it harder and harder for fans to watch games.

I don't really know who she is.  Heard the name but know nothing about her.

I care about our election practices and am not against voter ID.

MLB can do what they want, regardless of any of this.  I see no reason why I would let it effect my enjoyment of watching the Cubs.

MLB has given me other reasons for being pissed at them, and that's their blackout restrictions.  They are making it harder and harder for fans to watch games.

To each their own I guess. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

To each their own I guess. :dunno:

Life is too short to let things, like the ASG moving, bother bother you enough that you can't partake in the things you enjoy. "You," being the general public.  Saw far too many people saying how they will no longer watch their favorite team.  People also did it with the NFL  Just seems ridiculous to me.

29 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Life is too short to let things, like the ASG moving, bother bother you enough that you can't partake in the things you enjoy. "You," being the general public.  Saw far too many people saying how they will no longer watch their favorite team.  People also did it with the NFL  Just seems ridiculous to me.

Thing is, I enjoy far too many things to waste my time on woke society. NBA out. MLB close to out but I'm guessing in the end they will regret this action they are doing. NFL I live outside of my favorite team's viewing area anyway so it really doesn't matter even though I do play fantasy football. NHL I still like and watch when I can. 

I prefer to support those who don't support cancel culture and woke society including election integrity. I don't spend all of my time looking up who supports what, but when I see something right in front of me, I have no problem dropping them from by list of supporting them. It's not really a negative effect on my life.

44 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Pissing and moaning about a sport moving their ASG is what's sad and pathetic.  Moving the ASG in the first place is also pathetic.  It's a dumb reason to move it.

Tell that to the people,  employees, businesses and the city of Atlanta that will lose millions of dollars. You must not be following this story and the political ramifications this is having.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Hand said:

Tell that to the people,  employees, businesses and the city of Atlanta that will lose millions of dollars. You must not be following this story and the political ramifications this is having.

This I agree with. :thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So you want corporations having this much sway over our legislation? Are you American? 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you want corporations having this much sway over our legislation? Are you American? 

He doesn’t care. It doesn’t affect him.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Is that what you think this about? No wonder you're lost and confused.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't care where the game is.  But our country is boiling a frog and this is adding another degree.  The woke orthodoxy is a religion which wields increasing power, approaching puritan times.  Failure to worship it is not allowed.

Perhaps tomorrow Iowa will enact some law which catches the woke eye of Mordor, and Collins or General Mills will start to pull out of Cedar Rapids.  Won't matter to me, but perhaps you will care then?

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I don't care where the game is.  But our country is boiling a frog and this is adding another degree.  The woke orthodoxy is a religion which wields increasing power, approaching puritan times.  Failure to worship it is not allowed.

Perhaps tomorrow Iowa will enact some law which catches the woke eye of Mordor, and Collins or General Mills will start to pull out of Cedar Rapids.  Won't matter to me, but perhaps you will care then?

Or maybe the government will pass a bill that gives money to support only black farmers and not white farmers. Oh wait.....they already have that.

$5 billion would go to farmers of color

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why is this a big deal?

Can't see it from your house, so it won't ever affect you.  Move along.

56 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bingo

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who are we kidding corporations own our legislation. They are the ones who write the bills.

8 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

liberals:  we are so offended by your new law we will move the all star game and damage your economy to the tune of millions of dollars to try to stop you!!!

also liberals:  why are you so upset? stop being thin-skinned!!

• Like 1

Standard liberal doctrine, make the less fortunate more miserable, pretend to be the solution. 

6 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

liberals:  we are so offended by your new law we will move the all star game and damage your economy to the tune of millions of dollars to try to stop you!!!

also liberals:  why are you so upset? stop being thin-skinned!!

He's just being a good Nazi. Nothing to see here.  Don't question anything,  don't boycott anything. 

15 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Perfectly stated.

15 hours ago, Mr. Hand said:

I already acknowledged that.  Read my previous post.