Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Hand

MLB Pulls All Star Game from Atlanta

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you want corporations having this much sway over our legislation? Are you American? 

Who's swaying legislation?  Every business has the right to move if they don't like something.  I remember you all thinking it was awesome when businesses were leaving California.  Is it only acceptable when you agree with it?

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Who's swaying legislation?  Every business has the right to move if they don't like something.  I remember you all thinking it was awesome when businesses were leaving California.  Is it only acceptable when you agree with it?

Leaving because of taxes and regulations that affect the business. Yeah, it’s the same. Was this voting law costing MLB money? No.  Bit of a difference. They are making a political statement. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Thpresident came out again yesterday comparing this election dealings to Jim Crow legislation. So, creepy joey is making it a country wide thing.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Why is non violent protest bothering you so much?

14 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I don't care where the game is.  But our country is boiling a frog and this is adding another degree.  The woke orthodoxy is a religion which wields increasing power, approaching puritan times.  Failure to worship it is not allowed.

Perhaps tomorrow Iowa will enact some law which catches the woke eye of Mordor, and Collins or General Mills will start to pull out of Cedar Rapids.  Won't matter to me, but perhaps you will care then?

I said that I thought it was dumb for MLB to move the game.  Do you all just ignore the parts of my posts where I agree with you and just make up your own arguments?  If a major company left Iowa because of some law they disagreed with I would find it stupid.  Unless that law effected their business directly, I think it's stupid to make that move.  I will also say that the business has a right to do what they feel is right for them.  If General Mills moved from the state and they had my favorite product, I wouldn't stop buying it.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Why is non violent protest bothering you so much?

It's not.  Just find it petty and hypocritical of many people.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

It's not.  Just find it petty and hypocritical of many people.

:lol:  So it is.  

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I said that I thought it was dumb for MLB to move the game.  Do you all just ignore the parts of my posts where I agree with you and just make up your own arguments?  If a major company left Iowa because of some law they disagreed with I would find it stupid.  Unless that law effected their business directly, I think it's stupid to make that move.  I will also say that the business has a right to do what they feel is right for them.  If General Mills moved from the state and they had my favorite product, I wouldn't stop buying it.

I think it’s dumb. Why do you guys care? This Fockin guy. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think it’s dumb. Why do you guys care? This Fockin guy. 

I know right?  I tried explaining why we feel it is important to care, and he is stuck on "I told you I think it's dumb$#@!"  ButIstilldon'tcaredambit

• Like 1

you're all clinically insane for arguing about sh1t  that you can't change by b1tching about it online

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

you're all clinically insane for arguing about sh1t  that you can't change by b1tching about it online

Why don't you start a new thread about it?  🤪

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/2/2021 at 6:15 PM, fandandy said:

The point isn't this specific law, the point is social media, corporate media, and big business strong-arming state legislatures.  It's bullshit.  Basically, we are now officially governed by the unelected.  

And this is just the beginning.  

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/100-top-ceos-plot-punish-states-which-pass-restrictive-voting-laws

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

Murdoch was on that zoom. Just a matter of time before Tucker is canceled. The rest of Fox are lightweights and can stay. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Murdoch was on that zoom. Just a matter of time before Tucker is canceled. The rest of Fox are lightweights and can stay. 

Ever since his kids became more involved it's been downhill. 

8 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Ever since his kids became more involved it's been downhill. 

It was his kid on the call. Tucker is toast at some point. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It was his kid on the call. Tucker is toast at some point. 

The Left owns thought, they own speech, they own us.  That's reality.  This sh!t is over with.  They will continue to clamp down little by little until this country is molded into exactly what they want it to be.

29 minutes ago, fandandy said:

The Left owns thought, they own speech, they own us.  That's reality.  This sh!t is over with.  They will continue to clamp down little by little until this country is molded into exactly what they want it to be.

And what they want is Chinese style control. Multinational corporations hate capitalism. 

Georgia vs Colorado Voter Laws

In Georgia, people who want to vote by mail must apply, and the new law more than halves the time they have to do that: Previously, they could apply as much as 180 days before an election, but now no more than 78 days before. Georgia also forbids officials to send voters an absentee ballot application unless they request it.
In Colorado, every registered voter receives a mail ballot by default.

In Georgia, the deadline to register to vote is a month before Election Day, and under the new law, the same deadline applies to any runoff — meaning if a Georgian is not registered by the deadline for the first election, they cannot subsequently register to vote in the runoff.
In Colorado, eligible voters can register anytime, including on Election Day.

In Georgia, only photo identification is acceptable for regular mail-in ballots, and it has to be one of six specific types. The requirement will apply to everyone who votes by mail, not just to newly registered voters as in Colorado.
In Colorado, only newly registered voters have to provide identification with their mail-in ballot; for subsequent elections, all that’s required is their signature. And there is no photo requirement: Voters can use a birth certificate, a naturalization document, a Medicare or Medicaid card, a utility bill, a bank statement, a paycheck or another government document that shows their name and address.

In Georgia, the new law requires at least one drop box in each of the 159 counties. The boxes will be only at registrars’ and absentee ballot clerks’ offices or inside early-voting sites, and open during limited hours. And, instead of being outdoors with 24-hour access, as many in Colorado are, the Georgia boxes must be inside government buildings and voting sites.

In Colorado, there were 368 ballot drop boxes last year across the state’s 64 counties, not just in government buildings but also at schools, parks, libraries, businesses and more. Boxes were open 24 hours a day.

9 minutes ago, peenie said:

In Georgia, people who want to vote by mail must apply, and the new law more than halves the time they have to do that: Previously, they could apply as much as 180 days before an election, but now no more than 78 days before. Georgia also forbids officials to send voters an absentee ballot application unless they request it.

In Georgia, the deadline to register to vote is a month before Election Day, and under the new law, the same deadline applies to any runoff — meaning if a Georgian is not registered by the deadline for the first election, they cannot subsequently register to vote in the runoff.

In Georgia, only photo identification is acceptable for regular mail-in ballots, and it has to be one of six specific types. The requirement will apply to everyone who votes by mail, not just to newly registered voters as in Colorado.
In Colorado, only newly registered voters have to provide identification with their mail-in ballot; for subsequent elections, all that’s required is their signature. And there is no photo requirement: Voters can use a birth certificate, a naturalization document, a Medicare or Medicaid card, a utility bill, a bank statement, a paycheck or another government document that shows their name and address.

In Georgia, the new law requires at least one drop box in each of the 159 counties. The boxes will be only at registrars’ and absentee ballot clerks’ offices or inside early-voting sites, and open during limited hours. And, instead of being outdoors with 24-hour access, as many in Colorado are, the Georgia boxes must be inside government buildings and voting sites.

In Colorado, there were 368 ballot drop boxes last year across the state’s 64 counties, not just in government buildings but also at schools, parks, libraries, businesses and more. Boxes were open 24 hours a day.

I agree with GA's laws more than CO's.

Get a Fockin Id, get on the line  and vote unless you’re military or sick or disabled. Enough with the bullshit. Same people always screwing something simple up. Enough. 

11 minutes ago, peenie said:

I have no problem with any of those rules. Which one are racist?

7 hours ago, peenie said:

And yet white people have no problem voting. 

Grow up peenie. Seriously you are too old to be this stupid.

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Get a Fockin Id, get on the line  and vote unless you’re military or sick or disabled. Enough with the bullshit. Same people always screwing something simple up. Enough. 

you sound .... educated.  I think the solution is to lock you away!

Sometimes it is really heartbreaking to see people claim a group is too stupid to achieve because of their skin color, one would hope this would be an ideology lost to the past.....

The NCAA is pulling a similar stunt regarding transgenders in sports.  This country has lost its damn mind and we deserve every bad thing that's coming our way.

• Like 1