Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Hand

MLB Pulls All Star Game from Atlanta

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you want corporations having this much sway over our legislation? Are you American? 

Who's swaying legislation?  Every business has the right to move if they don't like something.  I remember you all thinking it was awesome when businesses were leaving California.  Is it only acceptable when you agree with it?

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Who's swaying legislation?  Every business has the right to move if they don't like something.  I remember you all thinking it was awesome when businesses were leaving California.  Is it only acceptable when you agree with it?

Leaving because of taxes and regulations that affect the business. Yeah, it’s the same. Was this voting law costing MLB money? No.  Bit of a difference. They are making a political statement. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Thpresident came out again yesterday comparing this election dealings to Jim Crow legislation. So, creepy joey is making it a country wide thing.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Why is non violent protest bothering you so much?

14 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I don't care where the game is.  But our country is boiling a frog and this is adding another degree.  The woke orthodoxy is a religion which wields increasing power, approaching puritan times.  Failure to worship it is not allowed.

Perhaps tomorrow Iowa will enact some law which catches the woke eye of Mordor, and Collins or General Mills will start to pull out of Cedar Rapids.  Won't matter to me, but perhaps you will care then?

I said that I thought it was dumb for MLB to move the game.  Do you all just ignore the parts of my posts where I agree with you and just make up your own arguments?  If a major company left Iowa because of some law they disagreed with I would find it stupid.  Unless that law effected their business directly, I think it's stupid to make that move.  I will also say that the business has a right to do what they feel is right for them.  If General Mills moved from the state and they had my favorite product, I wouldn't stop buying it.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Why is non violent protest bothering you so much?

It's not.  Just find it petty and hypocritical of many people.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I said that I thought it was dumb for MLB to move the game.  Do you all just ignore the parts of my posts where I agree with you and just make up your own arguments?  If a major company left Iowa because of some law they disagreed with I would find it stupid.  Unless that law effected their business directly, I think it's stupid to make that move.  I will also say that the business has a right to do what they feel is right for them.  If General Mills moved from the state and they had my favorite product, I wouldn't stop buying it.

I think it’s dumb. Why do you guys care? This Fockin guy. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think it’s dumb. Why do you guys care? This Fockin guy. 

I know right?  I tried explaining why we feel it is important to care, and he is stuck on "I told you I think it's dumb$#@!"  ButIstilldon'tcaredambit

• Like 1

you're all clinically insane for arguing about sh1t  that you can't change by b1tching about it online

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

you're all clinically insane for arguing about sh1t  that you can't change by b1tching about it online

Why don't you start a new thread about it?  🤪

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1