Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Poll: 72% of Americans support voter ID laws

Recommended Posts

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/voter-id-poll-americans-approve-georgia-bill

The Associated Press released new polling data on Friday that illustrated the fact that the majority of Americans are behind laws requiring photo identification to access the ballot box.

The data show the vast majority of Republicans are in favor of requiring an ID to vote with over half of Democrats joining them in backing the idea. Only 24% of Democrats opposed the laws.

Overall, 72% of American adults approve of requiring photo identification to vote, illuminating a sharp contrast between Democratic voters and the message the party has been pushing in the wake of Georgia’s new voting law.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't tell the MLB, Coke, or Delta this. They may all move to china.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course they do, massive gaslighting campaign going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Common sense voting laws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All in how you frame the question. If you asked whether they approve of voter suppression tactics (which is what this actually is), you’d hopefully get 80-90% saying no. Though not at the Geek Club

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

72% of Americans want government run healthcare.

Common sense health care law gawd dambit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BufordT said:

72% of Americans want government run healthcare.

Common sense health care law gawd dambit.

Government run healthcare...🤮

They can't even manage a DMV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BufordT said:

72% of Americans want government run healthcare.

Common sense health care law gawd dambit.

I don’t want government run healthcare.

I would like true universal healthcare.

Is it possible you are confusing the two?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

All in how you frame the question. If you asked whether they approve of voter suppression tactics (which is what this actually is), you’d hopefully get 80-90% saying no. Though not at the Geek Club

Absurd, very simple question, should you prove who you are or not when voting. Overwhelming majority say yes.

Anything else is just gaslighting garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

All in how you frame the question. If you asked whether they approve of voter suppression tactics (which is what this actually is), you’d hopefully get 80-90% saying no. Though not at the Geek Club


fun gaslighting!  Can i try it???

If you asked wether they approve of a racist fascist president (which is what biden is) youd get hopefully 100% saying no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no where at any time in my entire voting life where ID was not required to vote. That is a fake question and not the problem here. Please stop being ignorant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peenie said:

There is no where at any time in my entire voting life where ID was not required to vote. That is a fake question and not the problem here. Please stop being ignorant. 

What's the problem then with the bill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peenie said:

There is no where at any time in my entire voting life where ID was not required to vote. That is a fake question and not the problem here. Please stop being ignorant. 

What's the problem? Billions dying from dehydration?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

All in how you frame the question. If you asked whether they approve of voter suppression tactics (which is what this actually is), you’d hopefully get 80-90% saying no. Though not at the Geek Club

Educate yourself Worms.  Or don’t, it’s easier your way.  :thumbsup:

https://heritageaction.com/blog/myth-vs-fact-the-georgia-election-law

The first part of the first sentence is all you really need to know, but the analysis goes on to debunk the lies from the left and MSM.

Quote


The Left and their media allies have used the new Georgia election law (SB 202) signed into law last week as a pretext for their election takeover with HR. 1,

This is all a play for national takeover of elections, so that they can ensure ballot harvesting nationwide for years to come.  :cheers: 

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Educate yourself Worms.  Or don’t, it’s easier your way.  :thumbsup:

https://heritageaction.com/blog/myth-vs-fact-the-georgia-election-law

The first part of the first sentence is all you really need to know, but the analysis goes on to debunk the lies from the left and MSM.

This is all a play for national takeover of elections, so that they can ensure ballot harvesting nationwide for years to come.  :cheers: 

Wow, yes let’s all treat the talking points from a far-right propaganda organization as gospel. Again, when one starts with a faulty premise (the disproven claim that 2020 was a fraudulent election), it’s like a bad foundation. The whole house collapses the first time a strong wind kicks up. Notice the heritage piece assumes that lie is true as its starting point. Hence the house of cards. They also are calling things “myths” and then not even bothering to say they are untrue.

1. "We didn’t have drop boxes in 2016” which wasn’t the point. They took drop boxes away. Period. Whether they had them before 2020 is not the question. They are flat-out lying when they say drop boxes aren’t being taken away. They are cutting them by more than 2/3rds. That is literally taking them away. NOT a myth. They also are reducing the hours one can use a drop box, and putting them inside the polling place instead of outside. They are basically worthless now. It actually would have been more honest to ban them entirely.

2. Onerous ID requirements. Another cover-up and reframing, instead of telling the truth. Absentee voting didn’t ever need an ID in the past. But when absentee voting became popular with Dems instead of just military and older republicans, they need to add more ID requirements. People should be aware that there really is no need for further ID with absentee ballots. To get one, you already need to have registered to vote, which means you already showed ID in order to register, and they are mailing it to your address. This does literally nothing to prevent fraud, because if some mythical vote-stealing criminal is getting your mail, they can get your driver’s license number too by stealing the letters from the DMV. Just a totally unnecessary redundant exercise to make voting more of a pain.I bet this backfires on them though. In 2024, we probably won’t have another pandemic, so absentee voting patterns will return to normal, and this will more likely invalidate military and elderly votes… both of which tend to skew right.

3. Water in line: they don’t even bother to deny it but still call it a myth. The idea is that partisan people are trying to influence voters by giving them water? It was already illegal to campaign for a voter within range of the polling place, so if that was what the water-givers were actually doing, they could have prosecuted them under existing law. And then they pretend the law will shorten lines. It will not do so. It says it will investigate the lines after the next election and supposedly do something about it in subsequent elections. Meaning - nothing changes in the next election; the lines will still be long.

That whole poorly written piece is full of more deflections and spin too. The fact that they list these “‘myths” and then don’t disprove them, but instead make excuses for them or try to explain them away tells you all you need to know.

Here’s another more detailed evaluation of the 98-page law. Each write-up focuses on different aspects of the law. Since this is The NY Times, many people will think it’s inherently biased too (although please note the Heritage piece is explicitly biased and partisan). So look at this and if you think they’re both biased, maybe you can think that the truth is somewhere in the middle. Not everything in the law is bad, but there is bad stuff in it that makes it unnecessarily harder to vote. And the state-level interference in local election boards is draconian and dictatorial. So much for freedom.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/02/us/politics/georgia-voting-law-annotated.html

  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

What's the problem then with the bill?

I guess she didn't think she was going to have to answer that question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Common sense voting laws.

If only. Have you read the bill? It is the opposite of that. There’s a reason why big companies who usually skew Republican (due to the lower taxes they get from them) are turning on Georgia’s right-wing nuts like Kemp. The whole law is just 98 pages of butt-hurt because they lost both senate seats and the electoral college seats for President.

Short-sighted too: in 2024, absentee voting will probably return to its typical pattern: mostly military and the elderly. Both skew towards the GOP. So by making it harder for people to vote absentee, they will hurt themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does not matter what average Americans support.  We are not in charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fandandy said:

It does not matter what average Americans support.  We are no longer in charge.

The above-average Americans are in charge now. Should have studied harder in school, average Americans.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The above-average Americans are in charge now. Should have studied harder in school, average Americans.

Newbie, you post some stupid shlt, this might be your Sistene Chapel. Brilliant, well done.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I guess she didn't think she was going to have to answer that question.

Yeah, she reflects the voice of all those worked up about the bill. None of them know what's in it. creepy joey was making false statements about it as well. Delta and Coke and the MLB need to be boycotted completely. It's good to see a lot of other people out there saying the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The above-average Americans are in charge now. Should have studied harder in school, average Americans.

I'm guessing you went to one of the grade schools that show second graders cartoons of a dude with an erect peepee and a sad kid next to it. Bravo.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dogcows said:

If only. Have you read the bill? It is the opposite of that. There’s a reason why big companies who usually skew Republican (due to the lower taxes they get from them) are turning on Georgia’s right-wing nuts like Kemp. The whole law is just 98 pages of butt-hurt because they lost both senate seats and the electoral college seats for President.

Short-sighted too: in 2024, absentee voting will probably return to its typical pattern: mostly military and the elderly. Both skew towards the GOP. So by making it harder for people to vote absentee, they will hurt themselves.

It doesn't make anything harder. That's a lie only stupid people believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

All in how you frame the question. If you asked whether they approve of voter fraud suppression tactics (which is what this actually is), you’d  get 80-90% of Dems saying no. 

Edited for accuracy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dogcows said:

If only. Have you read the bill? It is the opposite of that. There’s a reason why big companies who usually skew Republican (due to the lower taxes they get from them) are turning on Georgia’s right-wing nuts like Kemp. The whole law is just 98 pages of butt-hurt because they lost both senate seats and the electoral college seats for President.

Short-sighted too: in 2024, absentee voting will probably return to its typical pattern: mostly military and the elderly. Both skew towards the GOP. So by making it harder for people to vote absentee, they will hurt themselves.

Ridiculously bad take guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2021 at 4:02 AM, Utilit99 said:

Don't tell the MLB, Coke, or Delta this. They may all move to china.

Don't need an ID to vote in China!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liberals are pvssies. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dogcows said:

Wow, yes let’s all treat the talking points from a far-right propaganda organization as gospel. Again, when one starts with a faulty premise (the disproven claim that 2020 was a fraudulent election), it’s like a bad foundation. The whole house collapses the first time a strong wind kicks up. Notice the heritage piece assumes that lie is true as its starting point. Hence the house of cards. They also are calling things “myths” and then not even bothering to say they are untrue.

1. "We didn’t have drop boxes in 2016” which wasn’t the point. They took drop boxes away. Period. Whether they had them before 2020 is not the question. They are flat-out lying when they say drop boxes aren’t being taken away. They are cutting them by more than 2/3rds. That is literally taking them away. NOT a myth. They also are reducing the hours one can use a drop box, and putting them inside the polling place instead of outside. They are basically worthless now. It actually would have been more honest to ban them entirely.

2. Onerous ID requirements. Another cover-up and reframing, instead of telling the truth. Absentee voting didn’t ever need an ID in the past. But when absentee voting became popular with Dems instead of just military and older republicans, they need to add more ID requirements. People should be aware that there really is no need for further ID with absentee ballots. To get one, you already need to have registered to vote, which means you already showed ID in order to register, and they are mailing it to your address. This does literally nothing to prevent fraud, because if some mythical vote-stealing criminal is getting your mail, they can get your driver’s license number too by stealing the letters from the DMV. Just a totally unnecessary redundant exercise to make voting more of a pain.I bet this backfires on them though. In 2024, we probably won’t have another pandemic, so absentee voting patterns will return to normal, and this will more likely invalidate military and elderly votes… both of which tend to skew right.

3. Water in line: they don’t even bother to deny it but still call it a myth. The idea is that partisan people are trying to influence voters by giving them water? It was already illegal to campaign for a voter within range of the polling place, so if that was what the water-givers were actually doing, they could have prosecuted them under existing law. And then they pretend the law will shorten lines. It will not do so. It says it will investigate the lines after the next election and supposedly do something about it in subsequent elections. Meaning - nothing changes in the next election; the lines will still be long.

That whole poorly written piece is full of more deflections and spin too. The fact that they list these “‘myths” and then don’t disprove them, but instead make excuses for them or try to explain them away tells you all you need to know.

Here’s another more detailed evaluation of the 98-page law. Each write-up focuses on different aspects of the law. Since this is The NY Times, many people will think it’s inherently biased too (although please note the Heritage piece is explicitly biased and partisan). So look at this and if you think they’re both biased, maybe you can think that the truth is somewhere in the middle. Not everything in the law is bad, but there is bad stuff in it that makes it unnecessarily harder to vote. And the state-level interference in local election boards is draconian and dictatorial. So much for freedom.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/02/us/politics/georgia-voting-law-annotated.html

Wow, you are a hack.  The sad thing is I don’t think you realize it.  I would say you cherry picked things, but a lot of what you said aren’t in my link, so you are just making things up again.  Here, I’ll help you.  This is Myth 1 — they claim lots of good things, which do you disagree with?

Quote

Myth 1: The Georgia election law discourages voting/suppresses votes

FACT: The bill actually preserves or expands ballot access in several important ways: It requires that large precincts with lines more than an hour long take steps like adding voting machines and election personnel for the next election to reduce wait times. It does not change the number of total early voting days, and actually increases the mandatory days of early weekend voting. Compared to 2020, 134 of 159 counties will offer more early voting hours in future elections under the new law. It codifies election drop boxes, which did not exist prior to 2020. Voters can continue to vote absentee with no excuse(unlike states like Delaware, New York, and Connecticut, which require an excuse to vote absentee).

Perhaps you dislike “codifies election drop boxes” which means “we aren’t going to just leave them unlocked and unguarded out on a street corner; you actually have to bring them somewhere with non-zero security.”  Putting a drop box inside of a polling place is “basically worthless now?”  Do you even read what you type?  You don’t think there should be some protection?  Oh that’s right, there is little evidence of fraud before 2020, and that extends to today, with the new unsecured drop boxes.  Never mind, you don’t get it.  I know I know, like in Spinal Tap, yours goes to 11.  :thumbsup:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, lod001 said:

I guess she didn't think she was going to have to answer that question.

Actually, it would be a really long response and I don't have the time or the patience to go back and forth with you all. If you were truly interested you'd read up on it and discover they are really trying to put up barriers for voters.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, peenie said:

Actually, it would be a really long response and I don't have the time or the patience to go back and forth with you all. If you were truly interested you'd read up on it and discover they are really trying to put up barriers for voters.

What barriers is the bill introducing? And how do black people buy their 40s without ID? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Biden be banned from social media soon since he refuses to tell the truth regarding the Georgia election law?

:dunno:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What barriers is the bill introducing? And how do black people buy their 40s without ID? 

They don't buy alcohol without ID. I'm black and old and I must always show ID even to cashiers I know at the grocery store just buying a bottle of wine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, peenie said:

They don't buy alcohol without ID. I'm black and old and I must always show ID even to cashiers I know at the grocery store just buying a bottle of wine. 

The MLB is pulling the all star game out of Atlanta because of the Georgia bill requiring an ID to vote. Same for Coke and Delta speaking up against it.

They say black people don't have the ability to get IDs. And it's racist to require them to have one to vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

The MLB is pulling the all star game out of Atlanta because of the Georgia bill requiring an ID to vote. Same for Coke and Delta speaking up against it.

They say black people don't have the ability to get IDs. And it's racist to require them to have one to vote.

That is not the issue and it's ridiculous to keep mentioning ID. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peenie said:

That is not the issue and it's ridiculous to keep mentioning ID. 

Why aren't all of the black people angry that libs don't think you have ID?  Why is there no pushback on lib racism?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, peenie said:

That is not the issue and it's ridiculous to keep mentioning ID. 

That's not true in the least. The MLB stated it specifically. 

Also, creepy joey himself said it's because they can't have water. But yet the bill only says that political campaigners only can't hand out freebies. And  a person can bring their own focking water if they need it so badly?

My God, why aren't certain people able to take care of themselves without needing someone to give them something while they sell their politics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, peenie said:

That is not the issue and it's ridiculous to keep mentioning ID. 

It's much easier for people to simplify to a single incorrect issue that actually learn the facts though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

It's much easier for people to simplify to a single incorrect issue that actually learn the facts though.  

Well, peenie won't say what the real issue is about the bill, why don't you step in for her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×