Mike Isles

Ozzy vs Dio

Ozzy BS classic and cannot be compared to any other version. Loved the 2 DIo BS albums. RJD had a better solo career for sure. 

Met them both. Ozzy was a mess. Met Dio at a friends house in CT as he had Richie Blackmore and RJD as guests. That was a great day. 

Edit. It was Richie’s house in CT and my friend was invited and I tagged along. Friend taught him magic tricks in exchange for guitar lessons. Dio just happened to be there that day. 

It's not BS without Ozzy even though he's never been a great vocalist.

RJD on the other hand is one of the greatest hard rock / heavy metal vocalists ever. 

I feel exactly the same way about Van Halen ( DLR & Sammy )

3 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

Edit. It was Richie’s house in CT and my friend was invited and I tagged along. Friend taught him magic tricks in exchange for guitar lessons. Dio just happened to be there that day.  Subesquently, a week later, Dio became a street magician and my friend joined Metallica.  

54 minutes ago, fandandy said:

It was Richie’s house in CT and my friend was invited and I tagged along. Friend taught him magic tricks in exchange for guitar lessons. Dio just happened to be there that day. Subesquently, a week later, Dio became a street magician and my friend joined Metallica.  

I'm guessing it was Ritchie Blackmore that gave the guitar lessons rather than RJD. 

Liked them both with Black Sabbath, and in their solo careers

3 hours ago, DonS said:

I'm guessing it was Ritchie Blackmore that gave the guitar lessons rather than RJD. 

Yes Sir

4 hours ago, fandandy said:

Dio didn’t give the guitar lessons. Nor did he learn magic tricks. But you are right it was street performance type stuff (magic juggling 3 card Monte - that type stuff). 

8 hours ago, Big Guy said:

It's not BS without Ozzy even though he's never been a great vocalist.

RJD on the other hand is one of the greatest hard rock / heavy metal vocalists ever. 

I feel exactly the same way about Van Halen ( DLR & Sammy )

Yep. DLR was a fraud and Sammy was the real deal. 

4 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Yep. DLR was a fraud and Sammy was the real deal. 

not sure if you misunderstood or are just messin' with me.

What I meant was that David Lee Roth IS the voice of Van Halen, Sammy was the much better vocalist.

4 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

That's pretty legit.  :thumbsup:

Seriously.  I'm still trying to figure out what he does for a living.  I thought I was getting close but he's thrown me a curveball with this whole Dio bit.  I'll need to redo my crazy wall now.  

13 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

Ozzy BS classic and cannot be compared to any other version. Loved the 2 DIo BS albums. RJD had a better solo career for sure. 

Met them both. Ozzy was a mess. Met Dio at a friends house in CT as he had Richie Blackmore and RJD as guests. That was a great day. 

🤮

19 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

not sure if you misunderstood or are just messin' with me.

What I meant was that David Lee Roth IS the voice of Van Halen, Sammy was the much better vocalist.

Mebbe I misunderstood you. 
I loved Van Halen, but loved them more since Sammy joined. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Dido by far. Love her music. 

I put the L in dido

14 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Seriously.  I'm still trying to figure out what he does for a living.  I thought I was getting close but he's thrown me a curveball with this whole Dio bit.  I'll need to redo my crazy wall now.  

Tell me about it .  I'm sitting around a campfire crock3d and jamming to BS and DIO.  :headbanger:

Just now, NorthernVike said:

Tell me about it .  I'm sitting around a campfire crock3d and jamming to BS and DIO.  :headbanger:

My favorite Dio song

My favorite Ozzy song 

6 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

So jealous 

10 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

My favorite Dio song

My favorite Ozzy song 

The Dio song looks like Radio City Hall or Beacon Theater in NY. Either way I don’t remember where I saw that show. 
Ozzy jumped the shark with Bark at the Moon. Really Ultimate Sin but Bark was close

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Mebbe I misunderstood you. 
I loved Van Halen, but loved them more since Sammy joined. 

I get it......in the late 70's I was into both Sammy and then VH.....but have never been a fan of them together