Sign in to follow this  
5-Points

Covid Question

I haven't been vaccinated. I have no intention of getting vacinvaccinated. I prefer to let my immune system handle it's business. It's served me well so far, if it fails me now, I'm fine with it. 

However, my Great Aunt has a 102nd birthday coming up. She babysat me when I was a kid and I really want to be there to celebrate her birthday. But I also don't want to be the guy that makes sure she doesnt see 103. 

She's blind at this point so she couldn't really see me but she would know that I was there if she heard me speak to her. 

What's the GC consensus?

Show up or stay away?

Has she been vaccinated yet? That might be the answer. 

Elderly people are the most vulnurable to covid and she's old even for that demographic. She's exactly the type of person who should be a priority to vaccinate.

Show up but avoid hugs 

• Thanks 1

If your not sick go. If you really worry get tested before hand. 

• Thanks 2

Look death in the eye and go for it!!  Record her voice and get her to tell stories

Before we can give any specific advice, we must know:

Can length?  :(

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The PosterFormerlyKnownAs said:

Call someone who is there and have her hear you by phone.

and stop being a wuss and get vaccinated.

Weird take. Although since the lady will be 103 I agree with the phone call part.

The whole wuss part, kind of a stupid statement.

The WHO has previously stated that if you are asymptomatic transmission is rare. So the odds of spreading if you're not having symptoms are nearly nil. Have a great time!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Has she been vaccinated yet? That might be the answer. 

Elderly people are the most vulnurable to covid and she's old even for that demographic. She's exactly the type of person who should be a priority to vaccinate.

Good point. I'll have to find out. 

12 hours ago, Gladiators said:

Most important questions...Any idea what her net worth is? Are you in her will? 

No and no. :(

11 hours ago, Mookz said:

Before we can give any specific advice, we must know:

Can length?  :(

Waiste

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, The PosterFormerlyKnownAs said:

Call someone who is there and have her hear you by phone.

and stop being a wuss and get vaccinated.

Not a bad idea.

I've never gotten a flu shot. Why start now?  :dunno:

10 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

The WHO has previously stated that if you are asymptomatic transmission is rare. So the odds of spreading if you're not having symptoms are nearly nil. Have a great time!

Good to know. Thanks!  :thumbsup:

Dude, she made it to 102. she had to be in great health to live that long. She sure as hell doesn't need a shot of poison. She can handle the weak virus.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

True asymptomatic transmission seems to be rare, but presymptomatic transmission isn’t and at the time you don’t know the difference.

I would go if she is vaccinated, if not I’d go if no symptoms, stayed 6 ft apart and wore a mask.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 5-Points said:

I haven't been vaccinated. I have no intention of getting vacinvaccinated. I prefer to let my immune system handle it's business. It's served me well so far, if it fails me now, I'm fine with it. 

However, my Great Aunt has a 102nd birthday coming up. She babysat me when I was a kid and I really want to be there to celebrate her birthday. But I also don't want to be the guy that makes sure she doesnt see 103. 

She's blind at this point so she couldn't really see me but she would know that I was there if she heard me speak to her. 

What's the GC consensus?

Show up or stay away?

She is blind and breathing? Do what you would normally do. Trip her and fock her right there on the floor.

26 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

True asymptomatic transmission seems to be rare, but presymptomatic transmission isn’t and at the time you don’t know the difference.

I would go if she is vaccinated, if not I’d go if no symptoms, stayed 6 ft apart and wore a mask.

We know what you would do. And we respect your opinions. 👍

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

We know what you would do. And we respect your opinions. 👍

Just pointing out the fallacy in what you stated.  I don’t doubt the WHO said that, probably in like March 2020 before updating it. 

29 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Just pointing out the fallacy in what you stated.  I don’t doubt the WHO said that, probably in like March 2020 before updating it. 

:lol:   The truth has stung your nonsense for a year.  Wear your mask, keep your 6 feet and feel good about it.  :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, 5-Points said:

I haven't been vaccinated. I have no intention of getting vacinvaccinated.

Don't care that you're putting other people's lives at risk? 

3 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Hey, if people are still fatties after all the warning signs point to that being the #1 risk factor, then they just need to die and get out of our way.

Or they can wear their fockin mask, shut the hell up and mind their own damn business.

Blind and 102.  You'd be doing her a favor if you gave her the gook flu.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

How so? I wear a mask in public places. I'm not stopping anybody from getting vaccinated. How exactly am I putting other people's lives at risk? 

2 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Blind and 102.  You'd be doing her a favor if you gave her the gook flu.  

:lol:

She's outlived her husband and her son. She's a tough bird. I'm not even sure the wu-flu could take her out. 

10 hours ago, lod001 said:

Dude, she made it to 102. she had to be in great health to live that long. She sure as hell doesn't need a shot of poison. She can handle the weak virus.

:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, edjr said:

She is blind and breathing? Do what you would normally do. Trip her and fock her right there on the floor.

Well the party is being held at a church. Not sure I'd make it out before getting struck by lightening.  :unsure:

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

How so? I wear a mask in public places. I'm not stopping anybody from getting vaccinated. How exactly am I putting other people's lives at risk?

Mask or not, there's always chance you could accidentally spread it.  At the very least, people refusing vaccination just prolongs the pandemic. And if ya plan on traveling outside the U.S. any time in the next decade, you're probably going to have to get vaccinated anyway. 

I haven't gotten it yet either, but intend to soon for all those reasons.

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Mask or not, there's always chance you could accidentally spread it.  At the very least, people refusing vaccination just prolongs the pandemic. And if ya plan on traveling outside the U.S. any time in the next decade, you're probably going to have to get vaccinated anyway. 

I haven't gotten it yet either, but intend to soon for all those reasons.

I may or may not get it. Haven't decided yet. 

9 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I may or may not get it. Haven't decided yet. 

What's the point? You still have to wear a mask, socially distance,  deal with capacity limits... 

When getting the vaccine equates to going back to business as usual, I'll consider it. Until then, why bother? 

5 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

What's the point? You still have to wear a mask, socially distance,  deal with capacity limits... 

When getting the vaccine equates to going back to business as usual, I'll consider it. Until then, why bother? 

You get to Social Media crow and shame. And that is worth way more to the shut ins who dont believe the vax works anyway.  :dunno: 

48 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

It pretty much does mean that, if we get enough people vaccinated + those that already had it.  But it’s not instantaneous.   I think it’s starting to be available to almost anyone in a lot of places now, if enough people get it I think it’s certainly possible we could be pretty close to “back to normal” meaning full capacity at sporting events, etc by the time school starts back up in the fall.   All the people complaining about remote schooling, that should be the goal - full-time in person school with no masks or distancing required by the start of the next school year. 

10 hours ago, TimHauck said:

It pretty much does mean that, if we get enough people vaccinated + those that already had it.  But it’s not instantaneous.   I think it’s starting to be available to almost anyone in a lot of places now, if enough people get it I think it’s certainly possible we could be pretty close to “back to normal” meaning full capacity at sporting events, etc by the time school starts back up in the fall.   All the people complaining about remote schooling, that should be the goal - full-time in person school with no masks or distancing required by the start of the next school year. 

For now, though, you still have to wear a mask even after getting the vaccine.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure I got it early last year before all the hype. I've been going to work every day since this thing started. If it's as contagious as they say it is, there's no way I could not have gotten it to some degree. 

12 hours ago, 5-Points said:

For now, though, you still have to wear a mask even after getting the vaccine.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure I got it early last year before all the hype. I've been going to work every day since this thing started. If it's as contagious as they say it is, there's no way I could not have gotten it to some degree. 

If anything you got fake antibodies that won't work. You need the real deal. A virus that comes from a lab, needs lab created antibodies.  

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

A virus that comes from a lab, needs lab created antibodies.  

So doesn't this mean the vaccine should work?

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

If anything you got fake antibodies that won't work. You need the real deal. A virus that comes from a lab, needs lab created antibodies.  

Good point.  :thumbsup: