Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

Atlanta moving down?

Just heard Atlanta is interested in moving out of the 4 spot....

If true, they are sticking with Matty Ice for a while. This would be Hoodie's chance to pull a rabbit out of his hat.

for  the  prices people are paying to move  up, they are dumb  not to explore  the  option.  especially if not  taking a  qb

I could see them trading back with the Panthers at 8

40 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Inter division? Wow tough.

Make'm pay!!!!!!!

I definitely see them moving out though. 

Price is probably too high but I’d love to see the Pats move up to 4 and take Fields

On 4/5/2021 at 12:09 PM, Kopy said:

Inter division? Wow tough.

Make'm pay!!!!!!!

I definitely see them moving out though. 

yeah, if a team within the division wants that pick they will pay way more than market for it.   If I was Atlanta I wouldnt make that deal at all.   if the guy turns into a stud they have to play him every year twice.  Not the kind of blowback you want.

I think if that deal is on the back burner, I would guess Atlanta would ask for 3 first round picks but may settle for two firsts and a second.

7 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Price is probably too high but I’d love to see the Pats move up to 4 and take Fields

I dont know that any GMs would want to give the pats the opportunity to re load.  

not without getting a kings ransom in return. 

I can see them trading the #4 pick. Two teams I could see making serious offers for the pick are Denver & New England to get the QB they want. Denver probably has a little more draft clout but don't count out the Patriots. They've been aggressive in free agency and could make Atlanta a good offer.

11 hours ago, DocNiner said:

I can see them trading the #4 pick. Two teams I could see making serious offers for the pick are Denver & New England to get the QB they want. Denver probably has a little more draft clout but don't count out the Patriots. They've been aggressive in free agency and could make Atlanta a good offer.

They have been aggressive in free agency, but that is not the Belichek way.

He likes to buy on the cheap.   This isnt buying on the cheap.

but anything is possible.

39 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

They have been aggressive in free agency, but that is not the Belichek way.

He likes to buy on the cheap.   This isnt buying on the cheap.

but anything is possible.

Like that poster said, the hoody might need to change is style to get the Qb he might want. 

18 hours ago, weepaws said:

Like that poster said, the hoody might need to change is style to get the Qb he might want. 

I bet they go QB in the second round. That A&M fella perhaps 

Yup, even if they don't trade up in the first round the odds of them taking a QB in this draft are pretty good.

On 4/5/2021 at 1:27 PM, polecatt said:

That wouldn't make sense.  They just traded 3 picks for a QB... why trade more to get another one?  Especially when the guy you just traded for is going to cost you around $19M in 2022.

Falcons should draft a QB because Matt Ryan is a solid QB who can help you win only if the team around him is good enough... the thing is, even if the team is, he can't close the deal - we saw proof of that.  If the Falcons are smart, they trade Matt Ryan to the Broncos for #9, draft a QB a #4 and a quality player at #9.

58 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That wouldn't make sense.  They just traded 3 picks for a QB... why trade more to get another one?  Especially when the guy you just traded for is going to cost you around $19M in 2022.

It made more sense before the trade, which was when I posted that 😆

2 minutes ago, polecatt said:

It made more sense before the trade, which was when I posted that 😆

Sorry, I was on vacation the last two weeks, I wasn't sure about the dates of how things went down.

I think the only buyer right now is Denver @9 (think they price to go from 15->4 is too high for Bill).  I also don't think they'll make a move until draft day and only if SF isn't blowing smoke up everyone's ass about Jones.  I don't think Denver has any interest in Jones or Lance.

54 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Falcons should draft a QB because Matt Ryan is a solid QB who can help you win only if the team around him is good enough... the thing is, even if the team is, he can't close the deal - we saw proof of that.  If the Falcons are smart, they trade Matt Ryan to the Broncos for #9, draft a QB a #4 and a quality player at #9.

It’s a tough spot. He’s good enough to get you to the playoffs and go to the pro bowl. Not quite good enough to win it all, but if you get rid of him and go 5-11 you’re going to look like a focking tool.

17 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I think the only buyer right now is Denver @9 (think they price to go from 15->4 is too high for Bill).  I also don't think they'll make a move until draft day and only if SF isn't blowing smoke up everyone's ass about Jones.  I don't think Denver has any interest in Jones or Lance.

Denver is the most likely trade partner because the cost is less prohibitive going from 9 to 4, but don't discount the Washington Wokesters or the Belicheck Revenge Tour making a play on draft day if that pick is still up for grabs...

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s a tough spot. He’s good enough to get you to the playoffs and go to the pro bowl. Not quite good enough to win it all, but if you get rid of him and go 5-11 you’re going to look like a focking tool.

If they go 5-11, then they improved... they were 4-12 last year.  I think if they have two top 10 draft picks and use one on a QB of the future, I don't think they'd be all that upset going 5-11 this coming season.

10 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

If I was ATL, I'd draft Lance and be happy as heck.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Falcons should draft a QB because Matt Ryan is a solid QB who can help you win only if the team around him is good enough... the thing is, even if the team is, he can't close the deal - we saw proof of that.

Yeah, Ryan played terrible on defense when he allowed the Patriots to come back from a 20 point deficit.  He should have covered Edelman more closely.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, Ryan played terrible on defense when he allowed the Patriots to come back from a 20 point deficit.  He should have covered Edelman more closely.

Atlanta was up 28-3.  With the remaining 4 drives, Matt Ryan ran 16 plays, accrued 44 yards, got 1 first down, and amassed 0 points.  Maybe he should've tried to score more points and not worry about how the defense played.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Sorry, I was on vacation the last two weeks, I wasn't sure about the dates of how things went down.

No problem, and if I remember correctly, It was literally like just an hour or so later they made the trade, lol

12 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Atlanta was up 28-3.  With the remaining 4 drives, Matt Ryan ran 16 plays, accrued 44 yards, got 1 first down, and amassed 0 points.  Maybe he should've tried to score more points and not worry about how the defense played.

And are you taking off Ryan's sack yardage or something?  The ESPN play-by-play shows Ryan completing 6 of 8 passes for 91 yards after going up 28-3 midway through the 3rd quarter (and he completed another pass for 9 yards that was negated by a holding penalty).

Ryan did everything he needed to do to win that Super Bowl, he just couldn't play defense too.

9 hours ago, AxeElf said:

And are you taking off Ryan's sack yardage or something?  The ESPN play-by-play shows Ryan completing 6 of 8 passes for 91 yards after going up 28-3 midway through the 3rd quarter (and he completed another pass for 9 yards that was negated by a holding penalty).

Ryan did everything he needed to do to win that Super Bowl, he just couldn't play defense too.

Total net yardage is what matters.  He needs to get them down the field.  He didn't do that.  It's on him.

48 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Total net yardage is what matters.  He needs to get them down the field.  He didn't do that.  It's on him.

Have to side Axe on this one. Atlanta 'D' gave up 546 yards. Ryan had a 12.34 YPA, a 144 passer rating and an 81 Total QBR. Those numbers are elite. Blaming Ryan for that loss is an exercise in futility...

8 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Have to side Axe on this one. Atlanta 'D' gave up 546 yards. Ryan had a 12.34 YPA, a 144 passer rating and an 81 Total QBR. Those numbers are elite. Blaming Ryan for that loss is an exercise in futility...

I'm blaming him for not being able to get more than 1 first down and 0 points in their last 4 drives.  Players putting up elite numbers should be able to do that.  Nick Foles was able to do that.  After the Patriots scored to close the gap to 28-9, they gift wrapped the Falcons possession of the ball on the Patriot 41 yard line.  Instead of being able to go 10 yards, they went backwards 15 yards.  They kick that FG, the game is virtually over.  He couldn't do that.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm blaming him for not being able to get more than 1 first down and 0 points in their last 4 drives.  Players putting up elite numbers should be able to do that.  Nick Foles was able to do that.

So if say an NBA player dominates most of the game, puts up 50, but the defense collapses, and he misses his last few shots and his team loses, You would blame him for the loss?

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

So if say an NBA player dominates most of the game, puts up 50, but the defense collapses, and he misses his last few shots and his team loses, You would blame him for the loss?

NBA player is a bad analogy as said player also plays defense, so yes, he gets the blame.  That said, I'm not putting all the blame on Ryan, I'm giving him his proper share.  As the QB, you're the leader of your team... whether you want to be or not.  He failed to lead his team.  He failed to put just 3 points on the board in the final 25 minutes of the game.  The last time I checked, the NFL plays 60 minute games... not 35 minute games.  He had 4 drives to put his team on his back and lead them down the field.  He failed.  I don't know why that's so hard to figure out.

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

.  He failed.  I don't know why that's so hard to figure out.

Maybe you just have an Axe to grind (pun intended), because Ryan and the Falcons are division rivals of your beloved team, but if not, you clearly don't understand the game and how it is played...

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Maybe you just have an Axe to grind (pun intended), because Ryan and the Falcons are division rivals of your beloved team, but if not, you clearly don't understand the game and how it is played...

TBay is getting more and more like weepaws every day.  You can show them the facts, explain the facts to them, and even ground them in several good reasons why the facts are the facts, and they still sit there going "What facts?"

It probly won't be too long before I don't engage with him either (other than for mocking purposes, of course).

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

TBay is getting more and more like weepaws every day.  You can show them the facts, explain the facts to them, and even ground them in several good reasons why the facts are the facts, and they still sit there going "What facts?"

It probly won't be too long before I don't engage with him either (other than for mocking purposes, of course).

It will be a good day. 

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Yes... the facts.  On the last 4 drives of the games, Matt Ryan's offense produced 1 first down and 0 points.  When he was needed to lead the team, the facts show that he couldn't get the job done.  Don't know why I'd have hate for Ryan and the Falcons, what have they ever accomplished to be jealous about?  I'd argue that since the new realignment, the Bucs have been the most successful team in the division.

Since 2002 (new realignment)...

• Tampa: 2 SB's, 2 Conf Champ, 7-2 playoff record
  • Saints: 1 SB, 1 Conf Champ, 9-8 playoff record
  • Falcons: 0 SB's, 1 Conf Champ, 6-8 playoff record
  • Panthers: 0 SB's, 2 Conf Champ, 8-7 playoff record

When you mention SB, your just talking about victory’s?m

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

TBay is getting more and more like weepaws every day. 

Nah, At least TB watches football and can string together coherent sentences...

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Nah, At least TB watches football and can string together coherent sentences...

Amen