Sign in to follow this  
HTH

Moderna vs. Pfizer Vaccines - Which is better?

I just got my first Moderna shot, but I was hoping for a Pfizer.

Questions:

Are they both comparable in terms of efficacy? Side Effects?

TIA

It depends. Seems like everyone reacts differently. 

My wife had pfizer and had zero side effects. My neighbor had a migraine for a day and was cool

I had Moderna and had some side effects but nothing terrible. One of my employees had a migraine for a week. Other coworkers had no issue.

Depends on your roll of the dice.

What's the difference between those 2, and the Johnson & Johnson vaccine? How come it's 2 doses of Moderna and Pfizer, but only 1 from Johnson & Johnson?

5 minutes ago, Kopy said:

What's the difference between those 2, and the Johnson & Johnson vaccine? How come it's 2 doses of Moderna and Pfizer, but only 1 from Johnson & Johnson?

My understanding is the J&J is an actual vaccine. Unlike the mRNA moderna/pfizer shots.

J&J is less effective 70% protection vs 90% after the second shot. I've read they are researching if J&J should be two shots.

There's a lot more so DYOR

43 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

My understanding is the J&J is an actual vaccine. Unlike the mRNA moderna/pfizer shots.

An mRNA vaccine is not actually a vaccine? :lol:

It seems that the state run sites in AZ have Pfizer so that is most of what I’ve seen, and I’ve seen very few adverse reactions to the Pfizer (I’ve got the second shot on Thursday).  I know a few people, some from other states, who had Moderna and had worse reactions.  

It seems with all 3, regardless of “effectiveness,” they virtually eliminate hospital stays.  Which is the important thing — it doesn’t matter as much if you get it as you don’t get it bad.  

your momderna

1 hour ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

From some of the reading I've done no it's not a vaccine.

55 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

They're all poison. 

And now it comes with a booster shot. 

2 hours ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

Vaccines are related to the immune system. mRNA is a genetic therapy.  

Both Pfizer and Moderna use the same mRNA technology. In fact, I've been told the mRNA is identical between the two. Moderna just uses more of it per dose (100ug vs. 30ug for Pfizer). Moderna uses a different lipid nanoparticle than Pfizer, which allows their's to be shipped and stored at standard freezer temps, vs Pfizer's ultra cold requirements.

They're supposedly the same effectiveness, but it sounds like people do worse with Moderna as far as side effects go. 

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

They were labeled "Vaccines" to give the manufacturers  a pass on liability when people start to develop cancer in a few years because if it.   :thumbsdown:

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

They were labeled "Vaccines" to give the manufacturers  a pass on liability when people start to develop cancer in a few years because if it.   :thumbsdown:

Also open the the door on genetic "immuno"therapy.   Basically they are now going to be allowed to go under the hood on all of us, instead of the old method of antibodies. IF there is a conspiracy theory behind Covid, this is it.  We are talking trillions of dollars of applications, that Covid opened the door to using.  

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

It's a vaccine, not gene therapy.

42 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Also open the the door on genetic "immuno"therapy.   Basically they are now going to be allowed to go under the hood on all of us, instead of the old method of antibodies. IF there is a conspiracy theory behind Covid, this is it.  We are talking trillions of dollars of applications, that Covid opened the door to using.  

I assume you meant gene therapy, which predates Covid by 3 years, as far as approved drugs go.

Covid possibly opened the door to other mRNA vaccines and medicines, which aren't altering your genes.

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

holy sh!t where the fock are you people getting your information.  smh.

Another 62 million Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine doses are in jeopardy at the Baltimore factory that already ruined 15 million doses of the vaccine, according to a report from the New York Times.

In February, workers at a factory run by Emergent BioSolutions — a biotech firm that's known for producing anthrax vaccines — unknowingly cross-contaminated roughly 15 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine with AstraZeneca's, permanently ruining the batch, the New York Times first reported.

Now 62 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine that have been made at the factory since have to be checked to ensure they weren't also contaminated, The Times reported.

If they are contaminated, they will also have to be thrown out.

Rink

It's a vaccine.  Don't be uninformed.  These vaccines create an immune response to build up Memory cells to mimic actually having gotten the infection so that if in the future the actual virus enters the body, the immune system is ready to fight it off efficiently and quickly.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

It's a vaccine.  Don't be uninformed.  These vaccines create an immune response to build up Memory cells to mimic actually having gotten the infection so that if in the future the actual virus enters the body, the immune system is ready to fight it off efficiently and quickly.

You're immune system does that already 

47 minutes ago, Sandy Loam said:

My meat purse itch for week after JJ shot.

Is your bean okay?  :(

25 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Is your bean okay?  :(

I still hit bean twice daily. Itch help fast climax. Better than husband. He should have sign prenuptial. Or not make fun of me joining his fantasy league. I kick his love buns.

Just received my second Pfizer shot today...  Hoping that I don't have a reaction like others have had...

Which little phag has Mrs Voltaire as an alias?  

14 hours ago, Sandy Loam said:

I still hit bean twice daily. Itch help fast climax. Better than husband. He should have sign prenuptial. Or not make fun of me joining his fantasy league. I kick his love buns.

I understand what you're saying.  Well, keep me in mind if you ever want help manipulating that thing.  That's all I ask.  I'm picturing a whole clockwise/counterclockwise thing.  :thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Which little phag has Mrs Voltaire as an alias?  

Gutterboy.  I was suspended months ago for calling someone retarded.  Probably you.

Found out it’s not required for PA school right now at least. So I’m not going to get it until it’s been FDA approved and you don’t have to sign a waiver releasing them from liability if you have a reaction or die from it. It astounds me that some businesses are forcing people to get it when it isn’t FDA approved. That’s a lawsuit waiting to happen. Other vaccines have been approved by FDA so they can require those. But the covid vaccine? Nah. Besides, I’ve got type O blood and they are one of the most resistant to covid 

50 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

Gutterboy.  I was suspended months ago for calling someone retarded.  Probably you.

That esplains alot.  

I just heard that Fauci got the Moderna vaccine, so that makes me feel better!

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, posty said:

Just received my second Pfizer shot today...  Hoping that I don't have a reaction like others have had...

Got my 2nd Pfizer on Monday, nada, zip, zilch as far as adverse reactions, so you need to "Be like Mike".  :D  

• Like 1