Sign in to follow this  
joneo

MLB Commissioner asked to give up Augusta membership

Marco Rubio Asks MLB Commissioner to ‘Relinquish’ Membership at Augusta

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) wrote a letter asking Major League Baseball (MLB) Commissioner Rob Manfred to “relinquish his personal membership at Georgia’s Augusta National Golf Club” after MLB’s boycott of Georgia over their new voter ID laws.

“I am under no illusion that Major League Baseball will sacrifice business revenue on behalf of its alleged corporate values,” Rubio said. “Similarly, I am under no illusion you intend to resign as a member from Augusta National Golf Club. To do so would require a personal sacrifice, as opposed to the woke corporate virtue signaling of moving the All Star Game from Atlanta.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/05/asks-mlb-commissioner-relinquish-membership-augusta/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR12U_SrhjoGSHuKGIalLpMNemZ-jZ6H3XOjtbxQeAvymg2c4N0bPf2nU90

BOOM!  Check Mate Motherforker!

• Thanks 1

Great move.  Whatever way you want to think about this Georgia crap..make people put their money where their mouth is.   If you want to speak it then do it.

7 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I'll never buy Coca Cola product again.

Same here and always preferred Pepsi anyways so not hard to boycott them for me.

I prefer companies that are not political, but given that they all likely contribute funds on the backend to all these clowns, you really are left with small business as the group not part of the emerging fascist state

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I prefer companies that are not political, but given that they all likely contribute funds on the backend to all these clowns, you really are left with small business as the group not part of the emerging fascist state

Almost seems like there was a reason behind the attempt to destroy all small business

So a non story.   Rubio has no say in Augustas memberships.  This is a giant nothing burger

13 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

So a non story.   Rubio has no say in Augustas memberships.  This is a giant nothing burger

Not sure.  It's is only too easy to demand from others, and not put ones own skin in the game.  Either the position is true or it is not, if the position is true then let's see this clown step up and make his personal sacrafice.

Just like the little b!tch asses in college who demand diversity and inclusion and such, but give up THEIR spot at that university? nah...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Old School said:

Almost seems like there was a reason behind the attempt to destroy all small business

This.  Take the most self-sufficient amongst us and force a majority of them to be dependent on the federal government for their survival.  

33 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

No it’s not. This is a culture war. You win by showing your enemy for who they are. 

Nothing will happen over the next few days with The Masters getting ready to tee it up tomorrow. Hopefully, mid next week, the chairman makes an announcement that the club has decided to give Manfred the boot. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Nothing will happen over the next few days with The Masters getting ready to tee it up tomorrow. Hopefully, mid next week, the chairman makes an announcement that the club has decided to give Manfred the boot. 

That will never ever ever ever happen.  They are immensely private.

This is why it's a giant nothing burger.   

38 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

That will never ever ever ever happen.  They are immensely private.

This is why it's a giant nothing burger.   

Yep. They will never kick him out.  He does bring unwanted attention, though. They probably would like him to resign. 

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Yep. They will never kick him out.  He does bring unwanted attention, though. They probably would like him to resign. 

Nope.  Not that either.   Augusta National doesn't give a flying fock what anyone thinks and they have shown it.   Their best decision is to continue to be quiet

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Nope.  Not that either.   Augusta National doesn't give a flying fock what anyone thinks and they have shown it.   Their best decision is to continue to be quiet

Oh they don't? Was there or was there not an all female event last weekend?  Yeah. So they DO care, very much so.

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

Oh they don't? Was there or was there not an all female event last weekend?  Yeah. So they DO care, very much so.

Nope.  They do it on their terms if at all.  Remember the protests over no females?  How'd that turn out smart guy?

14 minutes ago, edjr said:

Guess we'll see.  If Augusta comes out and publicly demands Manfred rescind his membership or publicly boots him ill admit you are right

11 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Nope.  They do it on their terms if at all.  Remember the protests over no females?  How'd that turn out smart guy?

:lol:  you mean an ALL FEMALE tournament. How did it turn out. :clown:

They have had those all along, right? :wacko:

43 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Guess we'll see.  If Augusta comes out and publicly demands Manfred rescind his membership or publicly boots him ill admit you are right

I don't think people should expect Augusta to boot him.

But I wouldn't really call Rubio simply pointing out Manfred's hypocrisy a "nothing burger."

49 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I don’t think you quite understand how Augusta national works :doh: 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

I don't think people should expect Augusta to boot him.

But I wouldn't really call Rubio simply pointing out Manfred's hypocrisy a "nothing burger."

I just meant Augusta doing anything.  Thats the nothing burger

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

I don’t think you quite understand how Augusta national works :doh: 

Ok since you're an expert. Explain it

I think the goal was to get the woke crowd to attack the CEO and demand he resigns from the club.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Ok since you're an expert. Explain it

They are EXTREMELY particular with what their members do. Especially if one does something that not only offends the state but also brings negative attention to their club. When I went with my BIL we couldn’t ride golf carts, couldn’t have our phones, and couldn’t post the pictures we had on the digital camera. If we did we wouldn’t be allowed back AND the member we golfed with would get in serious trouble. They do NOT play there. 

I don’t know what they will do but if one of them is calling for him to resign then more are as well. They don’t want to kick him out. They’d rather he resign but they WILL do it 

6 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

They are EXTREMELY particular with what their members do. Especially if one does something that not only offends the state but also brings negative attention to their club. When I went with my BIL we couldn’t ride golf carts, couldn’t have our phones, and couldn’t post the pictures we had on the digital camera. If we did we wouldn’t be allowed back AND the member we golfed with would get in serious trouble. They do NOT play there. 

I don’t know what they will do but if one of them is calling for him to resign then more are as well. They don’t want to kick him out. They’d rather he resign but they WILL do it 

You played a round and now you're an expert.  Ok.  

AUGUST 20, 2012 

The home of the Masters now has green jackets for women.

In a historic change at one of the world's most exclusive golf clubs, Augusta National invited former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and South Carolina financier Darla Moore to become the first female members since the club was founded in 1932.

Any idea why they did it at all? Why did they wait till 2012? Hmmmmm. really think they wanted to?

21 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

You played a round and now you're an expert.  Ok.  

I mean it’s more experience than you or others have had :dunno: that’s usually who you listen to. The people who’ve been there or experienced it 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

I mean it’s more experience than you or others have had :dunno: that’s usually who you listen to. The people who’ve been there or experienced it 

One time there makes you no more expert than me and its idiotic to suggest it

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I'll never buy Coca Cola product again.

Same here.  I put about $7-10k per month on my Delta Amex card mostly for advertising but I am in the process of getting rid of it.  I moved most of it to a VISA card and if Suntrust caves I will find a different card.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So now all of you are full throated supporters of cancel culture? I thought that was a liberal scourge that an upstanding conservative would never think of engaging in. I will update my notebook accordingly. 

I mean, this is brutal. If you really want to hurt a CEO and his company, what could possibly be worse than kicking him out of his country club? Might as well draw and quarter the poor sumbitch. The humanity!

8 hours ago, edjr said:

:lol:  you mean an ALL FEMALE tournament. How did it turn out. :clown:

They have had those all along, right? :wacko:

They did that in the spirit of Bobby Jones' amateur status and  so they would appear to care.  The real desire was to have an LPGA tourney there.  Wont happen.

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

So now all of you are full throated supporters of cancel culture? 

You simply don't know the difference in cancel culture and boycotting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Did I miss the call for boycotting Augusta National? No? I'm talking about all the guys in here screaming that Manfred should get kicked out, not all the guys in here that decided to boycott a drink they never buy anyway. HTH.

9 minutes ago, Fnord said:

So now all of you are full throated supporters of cancel culture? I thought that was a liberal scourge that an upstanding conservative would never think of engaging in. I will update my notebook accordingly. 

I mean, this is brutal. If you really want to hurt a CEO and his company, what could possibly be worse than kicking him out of his country club? Might as well draw and quarter the poor sumbitch. The humanity!

Saaaaawing and a miss.  After that effort you need to change your handle to Edsel.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Saaaaawing and a miss.  After that effort you need to change your handle to Edsel.

You're funny. But you don't read so good.

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I'm talking about all the guys in here screaming that Manfred should get kicked out

Damn your dense.  Please link to one person "screaming for Manfred to be kicked out" of Augusta.  This thread is about typical lefty hypocrisy.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

No sh#t.  I mean, it literally originated from liberal orthodoxy.  He should know this as it's probably in his lefty-nut-job handbook.