Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

United Airlines: Safety is no longer first

7 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

The truth is, your biological sex isn’t carved in stone, but a living system with the potential for change.

I've never seen so many "ifs" in an article purported to be fact.  What a waste of time.  When can this "change" happen?

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re making it about race/gender and who would get denied an opportunity. The point, or the mark, is that race/gender shouldn’t factor into it at all. For or against anyone. Get it? And it’s why I will now avoid United. It has nothing to do with the competency of the pilot. I reject wokeness when I can. I know I have flown with lady pilots. I don’t know if I have with a black lady pilot. I didn’t check, I just assumed they were all competent. Now I won’t assume that. 

I agree with just assuming they're all competent.  But earlier you said this:

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There will be a quota. It will happen. Book it. The standards will just be lowered, like everywhere else. 

You're assuming they will lower the standards before they ever have.    They want to give out some financial aid for flight school, I don't really see the problem other than you saying they shouldn't publicize it, but companies almost always publicize when they do charity work, etc.   

btw looks like JP Morgan Chase will be providing some of the scholarships...should we boycott them too?

ms. voltaire is the type of person that, during the russian revolution, acted like everything was normal as leftist mobs went door to door killing people.  Then when they came for them, they just acted shocked and while they were lined up against the wall and shot they screamed "BUT WERE ON YOUR SIDE!"

totally oblivious to the realities of human nature.

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

So you're avoiding United, and I assume Delta too.  So limiting yourself to AA and Southwest.  Nice.

Avoiding. I’ve been avoiding flying all together. And when I do it’s Jet Blue, but I have flown the other two. Won’t if I can help it. But if someone dies and I need to get to the funeral and it’s all in an get, oh well. Otherwise no. What’s the problem? 

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I agree with just assuming they're all competent.  But earlier you said this:

You're assuming they will lower the standards before they ever have.    They want to give out some financial aid for flight school, I don't really see the problem other than you saying they shouldn't publicize it, but companies almost always publicize when they do charity work, etc.   

btw looks like JP Morgan Chase will be providing some of the scholarships...should we boycott them too?

Yup. I have been before this. 

34 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

Is

😒

Also there are some really hot trannies these days.

fock yes there is. hotter than a lot of wimmen, they actually try at it

6 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

ms. voltaire is the type of person that, during the russian revolution, acted like everything was normal as leftist mobs went door to door killing people.  Then when they came for them, they just acted shocked and while they were lined up against the wall and shot they screamed "BUT WERE ON YOUR SIDE!"

totally oblivious to the realities of human nature.

Supporting trans people is akin to supporting mass murder?

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Avoiding. I’ve been avoiding flying all together. And when I do it’s Jet Blue, but I have flown the other two. Won’t if I can help it. But if someone dies and I need to get to the funeral and it’s all in an get, oh well. Otherwise no. What’s the problem? 

https://www.jetblue.com/our-company/diversity

Cross Jetblue of the list.  Might as well drive.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

No, I just don't get scared of people that do.

You keep saying scared of these people. I just said I don't want mentally ill (in this case, gender confused trannies) to fly planes.

Who is scared of them?

10 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

https://www.jetblue.com/our-company/diversity

Cross Jetblue of the list.  Might as well drive.

Like I said, I’ve been avoiding it already. The whole industry.  It looks like the subway now. I don’t take that or the bus either. Unless I have to. 

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You keep saying scared of these people. I just said I don't want mentally ill (in this case, gender confused trannies) to fly planes.

Who is scared of them?

There is no rational reason to think that a chick with a d!ck can't fly a plane.

Why don't you want these people to fly planes?  What do you think they will do?

19 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

Supporting trans people is akin to supporting mass murder?

I'm saying you have absolutely ZERO grasp of human nature, and are deluded into thinking there is a world where people of completely different cultural beliefs can co-exist peacefully.  The things you believe are the things that cause immense conflict, which in the past was laughed at but in today's world we absolutely cannot afford.

You're not a hero.  You aren't fixing anything.  People like you cause conflict, strife, war and death in the name of peace and love.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Strike said:

So you're avoiding United, and I assume Delta too.  So limiting yourself to AA and Southwest.  Nice.

Funny thing is, SW and AA are the two airlines with major hubs here, so those are what I fly unless unavoidable.  Usually SW unless I need to go to some shiothole they don't fly to, then I can usually find an AA flight.

1 minute ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

There is no rational reason to think that a chick with a d!ck can't fly a plane.

Can't predict what mentally ill people will do with any reasonable sense of expectations.

All Trans people have mental health issues. Some of the rest of the people do as well. All vs Some. 

It's weird, we determine who can be what by their sex organ and or color of their skin.

I dunno, maybe train the people who want to be pilots and hire the best ones. To do anything else means you're sacrificing saftey. Which is really dumb.

Hell didn't we just have the first Muslim woman captain jam up the Suez cannel? Just hire the best people you can. It's not that hard.

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

Considering 42% of them commit suicide, they freak out if you miss gender them, they can't stand to look in the mirror, and mutilate their body. Yeah... they have a mental illness and I don't want that person flying the plane I'm on. 

43 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I've never seen so many "ifs" in an article purported to be fact.  What a waste of time.  When can this "change" happen?

That's the thing about "science." When you start with a conclusion, you can find all sorts of "facts" to help you get there. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I'm saying you have absolutely ZERO grasp of human nature, and are deluded into thinking there is a world where people of completely different cultural beliefs can co-exist peacefully.  The things you believe are the things that cause immense conflict, which in the past was laughed at but in today's world we absolutely cannot afford.

You're not a hero.  You aren't fixing anything.  People like you cause conflict, strife, war and death in the name of peace and love.

So in order to have peace we all need to have the same cultural beliefs?  And those that disagree, we murder them?

Just hire the best. I don't care if it's a colored transsexual who thinks he's a dog.

This is like the army -  women/no women, gays/no gays... whatever works best, do that.  You can't lose a war and say "gee, at least we were fair."

And no offense our Geek ladies, but when crap hits the fan and you have to make a split-second life or death decision, they tend to lose their minds.

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Considering 42% of them commit suicide, they freak out if you miss gender them, they can't stand to look in the mirror, and mutilate their body. Yeah... they have a mental illness and I don't want that person flying the plane I'm on. 

In my best Bon Jovi voice - WHOOOOOOAAAOOOHHH, WE'RE HALF WAY THERE!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

So in order to have peace we all need to have the same cultural beliefs?  And those that disagree, we murder them?

Yes a homogeneous society is absolutely safer because there is more trust between people who have a common belief/race. This has been proven over and over again. 

11 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

First that's not at all true, 42% commit suicide, shut up.  Second, when you're rejected from your family or forced to be something you're not, hide your identity, you'd think about killing yourself too.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Yes a homogeneous society is absolutely safer because there is more trust between people who have a common belief/race. This has been proven over and over again. 

Now we've gone all Adolf Hitler up in here :lol:

Just now, Mrs. Voltaire said:

First that's not at all true, 42% commit suicide, shut up.  Second, when you're rejected from your family or forced to be something you're not, hide your identity, you'd think about killing yourself too.

Nope, the stat holds true for people in the most supportive enviroments.

Also, I meant attempt suicide.

I also need to add 90% of Trans people who mutilate their bodies regret it afterwords. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

Now we've gone all Adolf Hitler up in here :lol:

Godwin's law

9 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

You were the one that brought up a homogeneous society for focks sake.

And in your world that means nazi... lots of countries are homogeneous countries to this day. America used to be up until the immigration act of 1965

7 hours ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

Your take in this thread is the most absurd stance I’ve witnessed in some time. 

It’s astoundingly bizarre. 

Pilotless planes could save airlines billions. But would anyone fly?

Commercial flights already land with the assistance of on-board computers, and pilots manually fly the aircraft for only a few minutes on average.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/08/07/technology/business/pilotless-planes-passengers/index.html#:~:text=Commercial flights already land with the assistance of,not fly themselves%2C even when they're on autopilot.

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Pilotless planes could save airlines billions. But would anyone fly?

Commercial flights already land with the assistance of on-board computers, and pilots manually fly the aircraft for only a few minutes on average.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/08/07/technology/business/pilotless-planes-passengers/index.html#:~:text=Commercial flights already land with the assistance of,not fly themselves%2C even when they're on autopilot.

I'm guessing those few minutes are what they get paid for. Along with emergency situations. Safety first, color of skin last.

11 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Your take in this thread is the most absurd stance I’ve witnessed in some time. 

It’s astoundingly bizarre. 

You think it's bizarre that all people should be treated equal?  😕