Sign in to follow this  
Bert

To All The Environmental Idiots in the US & Canada

This is within the Paris Accord so the situation is under control.

Paris agreement allows China to increase their carbon emissions until 2030. The United States has to cut emissions between 26 and 28 percent compared with 2005 levels by 2025.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Paris agreement allows China to increase their carbon emissions until 2030. The United States has to cut emissions between 26 and 28 percent compared with 2005 levels by 2025.

Sounds like some stupidity someone from Michigan, California or New York would support.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Sounds like some stupidity someone from Michigan, California or New York would support.

Hawaii and Delaware. 

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Can confirm.

There's a good chance that these new coal plants being built will not run at full capacity and be operated at a loss. So keep an eye on that. And you won't have to keep this in mind very long, we should have a good indication soon as they have a new five year plan they'll roll out later in May. So by this time next month, we'll have a better idea of what they want to do. Of course, with the Chinese government, a lot of opaqueness is to be expected too.

11 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Ever hear Dems say "boy Im glad Joe got us back in this Paris Accord!" ?  Or hear the Dems say they like anything Joe has done?  

Me neither 

I am 40 years old. Saving the planet is zero benefit to me. I'm keeping lights on for no reason and using the world as my own personal garbage can. 

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Ever hear Dems say "boy Im glad Joe got us back in this Paris Accord!" ?  Or hear the Dems say they like anything Joe has done?  

Me neither 

I specifically asked my liberal friend who voted for Biden to give me the top 5 things he's done that he liked. 

Couldn't name one. It was all about Trump hurting his feelings.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

There's a good chance that these new coal plants being built will not run at full capacity and be operated at a loss. So keep an eye on that. And you won't have to keep this in mind very long, we should have a good indication soon as they have a new five year plan they'll roll out later in May. So by this time next month, we'll have a better idea of what they want to do. Of course, with the Chinese government, a lot of opaqueness is to be expected too.

Yep.  Just like not reporting the deaths and injuries in their mining sector and not reporting spills and natural gas releases in their pipeline system.  China has a horrible record on the pollution/environmental incidents they simply cover it up.  

Environmental idiot here :wave:

I agree it is a global problem and must be addressed as such. I assume you were for the Paris accords then? Gotta start somewhere

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

I agree it is a global problem and must be addressed as such. I assume you were for the Paris accords then? Gotta start somewhere

But I bet you don’t want the Dakotas to have 2 senators each, Mr. environmentalist. 

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

No.  Not when they want to US to reduce emissions by 25ish% the first 10 years and China, the world leader in carbon emissions, can continue to increase carbon emissions until 2030.

That is just plain stupid.  Especially, since the US has led the world in emission reductions since 1990.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But I bet you don’t want the Dakotas to have 2 senators each, Mr. environmentalist. 

What’re you babbling about? I’m from Alaska so I understand the small states need outsize representation in one chamber so as to not be frozen out of the process. Even though they are by and large small minded backwoods idiots. 

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

What’re you babbling about? I’m from Alaska so I understand the small states need outsize representation in one chamber so as to not be frozen out of the process. Even though they are by and large small minded backwoods idiots. 

Oh good. I just assumed like most liberal dumbasses you were against it and the electoral college. My bad. 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh good. I just assumed like most liberal dumbasses you were against it and the electoral college. My bad. 

No I am for both and also against getting rid of the filibuster. Too many people are short sighted these days, regardless of political affiliation

1 hour ago, Bert said:

No.  Not when they want to US to reduce emissions by 25ish% the first 10 years and China, the world leader in carbon emissions, can continue to increase carbon emissions until 2030.

That is just plain stupid.  Especially, since the US has led the world in emission reductions since 1990.

Yup, the Paris agreement is nothing more than a money grab from the US, UK, and Japan. Can't believe we were ever a part of it. Trump was absolutely right in bailing on it.

Biden is part of the establishment and is a fan of payoffs though so, he had to get that money train rolling again.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Need to build a giant dome.

Like the Simpsons

I like it!  Or we could have a rational conversation about energy.

This guy is pretty good I have heard him speak a couple of times and I met him in 2019.  Cool dude even though he is Canadian.  

For a short time, temperatures in some places in the eastern United States, Russia and China were as much as half to two-thirds of a degree (.3 to .37 degrees Celsius) warmer. That’s due to less soot and sulfate particles from car exhaust and burning coal, which normally cool the atmosphere temporarily by reflecting the sun’s heat, Tuesday’s study in the journal Geophysical Research Letters reported.

Study: Pandemic’s cleaner air added heat to warming planet

https://apnews.com/article/pandemics-coronavirus-pandemic-china-asia-pacific-russia-0b61f1cf57eabd6b8c92ed47c4ca8451

On 4/7/2021 at 4:27 PM, Baker Boy said:

And what sort of political power do the people behind the Paris Accord have to pressure China to do a god-damn thing after 2030 or the mid 21st century?  They are building their own network of trade partners.

There's too many people using energy causing global warming!  Let's lower carbon emissions and find pain in the ass ways to make energy.

There's too many people using water!  Let's all conserve and only water lawns on certain days.

There's too many people throwing stuff away and overflowing landfills. Let's all recycle.

Etc.

The problem isn't global warming, lack of water, or overflowing landfills.  The problem is there's too many damn people!  And we bend over backwards to accommodate more and more. Currently 7.7 billion.  9.8 billion by 2050. 11 billion in 2100. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

The problem isn't global warming, lack of water, or overflowing landfills.  The problem is there's too many damn people!  And we bend over backwards to accommodate more and more. Currently 7.7 billion.  9.8 billion by 2050. 11 billion in 2100. 

Thank you.

Something I read around 2015. In 1980, worldwide, there was 1 living wage job created for every 3 children born. 35 years later, 1 job for every 16 children.

China is responsible of 30% of the worlds CO2 emissions.

India is one of the worst polluters (trash, plastic, ect.) in the world.  Trust me, I've been there, there was layers of trash in the rivers and people bathing and shitting in it.  

However the U.S. is raked over coals in the media, we have to crush our economy and debt to save the world.  I don't mind being a world leader and going green or whatnot but y'all can save me on the nonsense the liberals are pushing.  

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

There's too many people using energy causing global warming!  Let's lower carbon emissions and find pain in the ass ways to make energy.

There's too many people using water!  Let's all conserve and only water lawns on certain days.

There's too many people throwing stuff away and overflowing landfills. Let's all recycle.

Etc.

Have you seen Seaspiracy on Netflix? You REALLY want to fix the environment? Start by addressing everything in there. Emissions from big cargo ships are horrible for the environment and ocean. Which is why stopping outsourcing products to other countries and producing them here in America would cut down on it TREMENDOUSLY 

32 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Have you seen Seaspiracy on Netflix? You REALLY want to fix the environment? Start by addressing everything in there. Emissions from big cargo ships are horrible for the environment and ocean. Which is why stopping outsourcing products to other countries and producing them here in America would cut down on it TREMENDOUSLY 

Great point. And what do people think cruise ships do with all that sewage? 

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Great point. And what do people think cruise ships do with all that sewage? 

Excellent points, fellas. There is A LOT of work to be done.

Glad you’re on board :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

On board for what? I'm not on board with any of this environmental spending. It's destructive.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

On board for what? I'm not on board with any of this environmental spending. It's destructive.

Yeah don’t think I included you in my statement :dunno:

Holding China accountable is racist, pointing out what they do wrong contributes to Asian violence and is a Fox talking point.

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

With helping the environment yes.  Supporting that garbage Biden is selling absolutely not.  He is a hypocritical science denier when it comes to the current ability of renewables.   

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

With helping the environment yes.  Supporting that garbage Biden is selling absolutely not.  He is a hypocritical science denier when it comes to the current ability of renewables.   

Science denier, huh? Quite a way of turning the tables! 😂 

57 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Science is wrong much more often than it is right. 

Science doesn’t have the answers. It guesses, tests, and guesses again.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

His belief that more windmills and solar farms are the magic bullet solution to global climate change is as stupid as Trump’s belief that it is all a hoax.  

15 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Science is wrong much more often than it is right. 

Science doesn’t have the answers. It guesses, tests, and guesses again.

People don't understand this simple concept.  The country is so bad at science that when someone puts science next to something they think it can't be disputed.  The funny thing, is science is all about disputing everything.

Not an issue. BillTard Gates is gonna block out the sun and cool the planet down.