Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

explain the difference between deshaun watson and rigged election accusers

I have not been following the DeShaun Watson stuff much so help me out here.

I was told by democrats after the 2020 election that sworn testimony is not real evidence (despite the fact that it had been used often in the past to start investigations and even convict people).  And we had a slew of sworn testimony that the election was rigged.

Now we have 22 women stepping forward swearing that DeShaun Watson sexually assaulted them.  Before an investigation can even begin, the media is painting him as guilty, he is losing endorsement deals, and a major suspension from the NFL seems likely.  

What the hell is the actual difference here again?  What am I missing.  It seems to me sworn testimony is laughed at in one case and the gold standard in the other.  It would seem to me that all the sworn testimony required that congress begin a major investigation into the 2020 election at a minimum.

• Confused 1

Seems like quite a strained analogy. But I’ll play.

Deshaun Watson has faced only allegations so far.

To lose in a case, there’d need to be actual proof. Not a ton, the standard is pretty low (more likely than not). But some.

But this isn’t about the legal case, it’s about frying Watson in the public mind. And it’s working to some extent. I bet he’ll shake it off but no question it’s a difficult time to be Deshaun.

So I guess in that way it is similar, where the voter fraud claims were never meant to be proven but rather to make deranged Trump supporters believe that a conspiracy was afoot. And as always, it worked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Seems like quite a strained analogy. But I’ll play.

Deshaun Watson has faced only allegations so far.

To lose in a case, there’d need to be actual proof. Not a ton, the standard is pretty low (more likely than not). But some.

But this isn’t about the legal case, it’s about frying Watson in the public mind. And it’s working to some extent. I bet he’ll shake it off but no question it’s a difficult time to be Deshaun.

So I guess in that way it is similar, where the voter fraud claims were never meant to be proven but rather to make deranged Trump supporters believe that a conspiracy was afoot. And as always, it worked.

How do you feel about people that were convicted on nothing more than sworn witness testimony?

You really wonder why all the Orchid massueses haven't come after Bob Kraft

38 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

One plays football really good, the other does not.

What football team does the rigged electors play for?

20 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

How do you feel about people that were convicted on nothing more than sworn witness testimony?

It’d sure be nice to have a little more. Eyewitness testimony is quite unreliable. Our perception and memories are really quite bad. But I think there’s almost always some corroborating evidence, like at least another piece of evidence that places the perp at the scene at the time of the crime or something like that.

28 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’d sure be nice to have a little more. Eyewitness testimony is quite unreliable. Our perception and memories are really quite bad. But I think there’s almost always some corroborating evidence, like at least another piece of evidence that places the perp at the scene at the time of the crime or something like that.

No there is not always some corroborating evidence.  To convict, you just need to get the jury to vote guilty.  Many people receive a guilty verdict on sworn testimony alone. 

So just answer the question.  How do you feel about that?

1 hour ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

One plays football really good, the other does not.

Wow. Dumb take. 

Well, Deshaun Watson is the one being accused and the rigged election accusers well...are the accusers.  

I believe there are text messages/instagram DM’s and such that will probably be evidence

On 4/9/2021 at 4:22 PM, TimHauck said:

I believe there are text messages/instagram DM’s and such that will probably be evidence

Probably more where this came from 

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/04/06/multiple-texts-flight-tickets-ig-dms-released-of-deshaun-watson-recruiting-masseuses-pics/?fbclid=IwAR126rQKsorF4m7RnAQEOC2Uqmk82Zw_KE9v24hiUD0uk7rYiqFYkYInc-U

They don't have any actual proof in the DeShaun Watson case.  It's a public smear campaign.  The lawyer for the women against DeShaun is neighbors of the owner of the Houston Texans but claims he doesn't know him and that he didn't know Watson demanded a trade.  Even though there's proof the attorney is a huge Football fan and Texans fan.  This is Duke LaCrosse all over again.

• Haha 1

The lawyer for the women accusing DeShaun actively campaigned for the Houston Texans to draft Johnny Manziel back when he entered the draft.  You can't make this stuff up.

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

They don't have any actual proof in the DeShaun Watson case.  It's a public smear campaign.  The lawyer for the women against DeShaun is neighbors of the owner of the Houston Texans but claims he doesn't know him and that he didn't know Watson demanded a trade.  Even though there's proof the attorney is a huge Football fan and Texans fan.  This is Duke LaCrosse all over again.

Are you saying the owner was in on it?  Man the GC really loves conspiracy theories. If Watson was demanding a trade, this isn’t helping his value.  Maybe it would’ve made more sense as a conspiracy theory if they traded him and then this came out afterwards to make them look better.

40 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

The lawyer for the women accusing DeShaun actively campaigned for the Houston Texans to draft Johnny Manziel back when he entered the draft.  You can't make this stuff up.

Did he deny even being a football fan?  He lives in Houston and was on the Board of Regents for Texas A&M, it wouldn't be that shocking for him to do that even if he was a fan of another team.  But are you saying all that means these women are lying?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Are you saying the owner was in on it?  Man the GC really loves conspiracy theories. If Watson was demanding a trade, this isn’t helping his value.  Maybe it would’ve made more sense as a conspiracy theory if they traded him and then this came out afterwards to make them look better.

Did he deny even being a football fan?  He lives in Houston and was on the Board of Regents for Texas A&M, it wouldn't be that shocking for him to do that even if he was a fan of another team.  But are you saying all that means these women are lying?

I'm saying it's focking sh!tty that these accusations are made public.  Settle it outside of court or in court and then live with the results.  I think it should be illegal for attorney's to talk publicly about cases.  This is an attorney who says he didn't know DeShaun Watson requested a trade out of Houston.  I say he's a focking liar and not to trust his words.  

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

No it is not.  Buzzbe is much more intelligent and successful than the race baiters Sharpton and Jackson.

10 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I'm saying it's focking sh!tty that these accusations are made public.  Settle it outside of court or in court and then live with the results.  I think it should be illegal for attorney's to talk publicly about cases.  This is an attorney who says he didn't know DeShaun Watson requested a trade out of Houston.  I say he's a focking liar and not to trust his words.  

DeShaun had the opportunity to do just that and decided not to pay.  Doesn't seem very smart.  Maybe he should have learned from Kraft.  :dunno: