Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Recycling or Trash?

Turn it on full blast and throw 💩 at it. 

Then report back what happened when the sh!t hit the fan. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

your mom

You're a fan of his mom's old box?  🤔

7 hours ago, fandandy said:

An old box fan.

We have a county trash dump that I take large items like you mention, they'll tell which large bin to throw it in.  That's where I take old paint cans, broken lawn mowers, etc.  I'd check to see if you have that option, its the best.

If not, the answer is trash.  

It’s all trash. They actually recycle aluminum and maaaaybe glass but that’s about it. Rest is meant to make us feel good but goes in the landfill anyways

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s all trash. They actually recycle aluminum and maaaaybe glass but that’s about it. Rest is meant to make us feel good but goes in the landfill anyways

Yeah.  China used to buy our recycling and we would ship it there for them to sort and reuse.  They supposedly stopped doing this during the Trump administration so I'm curious where it's all going now.  I bet this is all just feel-good bullshit now.

Anyway, I have three recycling roll-offs and three trash roll-offs at the store and thought about chucking it in the recycling bin but was curious if anyone knew if you can recycle it that way.

12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

This is pretty much true.  

Cant send it to poor areas anymore. Thanks libtards. 

22 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Yeah.  China used to buy our recycling and we would ship it there for them to sort and reuse.  They supposedly stopped doing this during the Trump administration so I'm curious where it's all going now.  I bet this is all just feel-good bullshit now.

Anyway, I have three recycling roll-offs and three trash roll-offs at the store and thought about chucking it in the recycling bin but was curious if anyone knew if you can recycle it that way.

I worked in this god awful factory years back as a temp worker for a week or so. Was all plastics and the Chinese big wigs would come in and buy all the junk plastic. I had the worse job there cause I was a temp and ran a smeltzer machine that melts the plastic. Point being don't know if China still wants our plastic but they did then and was about 12 years ago.

25 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This is pretty much true.  

Depends on what metal it is. Tin is worthless and bet that is what the fan is made of.

I use to take my beer cans to get recycled and then the guy that had the business retired. Other places are to far away and pain in the arse so just leave them for the garbage man. I probably gave the garbage man about $800 in cans in the last year and half.

14 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I worked in this god awful factory years back as a temp worker for a week or so. Was all plastics and the Chinese big wigs would come in and buy all the junk plastic. I had the worse job there cause I was a temp and ran a smeltzer machine that melts the plastic. Point being don't know if China still wants our plastic but they did then and was about 12 years ago.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2021/01/10/china-quits-recycling-us-trash-as-sustainable-start-up-makes-strides/?sh=6efa5d3b5a56

Just like what Bert pointed out the other day regarding coal plants, we are being bamboozled.  This entire recycling bit was a farce through and through from the get-go.  We just moved the landfill to China.  Utter bullshit the crap we let the libs talk us into.  Morons.

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2021/01/10/china-quits-recycling-us-trash-as-sustainable-start-up-makes-strides/?sh=6efa5d3b5a56

Just like what Bert pointed out the other day regarding coal plants, we are being bamboozled.  This entire recycling bit was a farce through and through from the get-go.  We just moved the landfill to China.  Utter bullshit the crap we let the libs talk us into.  Morons.

I agree with ya but the metals are worth money and the rest is just BS crap and should go into regular garbage like everything else.

Russians turn that into nuclear drone that help start American Civil War II.

Just now, IGotWorms said:

You’re a freak 

Awesome, thanks. 

21 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I agree with ya but the metals are worth money and the rest is just BS crap and should go into regular garbage like everything else.

Yeah, and I still recycle here.  They pick it up once a month and sometimes I have all three roll-offs full.  Glass, plastic, paper, and metal from cans and jar lids.  Any good metal around here gets given to someone who scraps.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Yeah, and I still recycle here.  They pick it up once a month and sometimes I have all three roll-offs full.  Glass, plastic, paper, and metal from cans and jar lids.  Any good metal around here gets given to someone who scraps.

Once a month? Wow - ours comes once a week. Most of mine is Amazon cardboard boxes and tin cans, but I still have a full tub full. 

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Once a month? Wow - ours comes once a week. Most of mine is Amazon cardboard boxes and tin cans, but I still have a full tub full. 

Yeah, it sucks.  I burn most cardboard boxes though so it's usually just plastic, glass, and metal.  It's really quite sickening to see how much waste I produce though.  I've recently made a conscious effort to stop drinking individual water bottles and instead use gallon water.  I fill up can bags that a store would return to the beer driver 2 or 3 times a month with recycling.  That's crazy.

7 hours ago, fandandy said:

Yeah, it sucks.  I burn most cardboard boxes though so it's usually just plastic, glass, and metal.  It's really quite sickening to see how much waste I produce though.  I've recently made a conscious effort to stop drinking individual water bottles and instead use gallon water.  I fill up can bags that a store would return to the beer driver 2 or 3 times a month with recycling.  That's crazy.

We drink tap water. My girlfriend though buys pieces of charcoal that's marketed to clean up water or something and puts them in a couple pitchers and refills the water as we use it. It's funny how I never did that before she came along but now I guess I'm brainwashed to do it.

10 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Who is they?