Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

2021 Wood Memorial Horse Race

Just punched his ticket for the Kentucky Derby!  Dead last entering the final stretch - it didn't look like he had a chance.  Especially considering those ridiculous odds. What an incredible finish.

The only other race I've seen like this was Mine That Bird at 50-1 odds in the 2009 Kentucky Derby where he stumbled out of the gate and was dead last most of the race, only to come back and win by 7 lengths.

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

Just punched his ticket for the Kentucky Derby!  Dead last entering the final stretch - it didn't look like he had a chance.  Especially considering those ridiculous odds. What an incredible finish.

The only other race I've seen like this was Mine That Bird at 50-1 odds in the 2009 Kentucky Derby where he stumbled out of the gate and was dead last most of the race, only to come back and win by 7 lengths.

Cool I remember that horse and watch the Derby almost every year.

what's even more remarkable is that he closed into a sludgey pace ... :24/:50 splits?

99% of the time a cloud closer will do so in a fried pace, with total chaos afflicting the field - no such case here. 

slow MFers.  

2 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

slow MFers.  

That's what the experts said... a very slow race.  Bourbonic will be in the Kentucky Derby and some fans will bet him because of this amazing race, but I doubt he has a chance in hell.

44 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

That's what the experts said... a very slow race.  Bourbonic will be in the Kentucky Derby and some fans will bet him because of this amazing race, but I doubt he has a chance in hell.

he'll get a MUCH hotter pace, that's for damn sure. 

he doesn't need to win, he just needs to clunk up in the exotics to spice the tri and super payouts - figure he'll be used there by quite a few bettors :dunno: