Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Padres 1st Nono

I could be wrong and it’s 4AM so I’m not looking it up. I think after Johan Santana threw a no no for Mets - Padres were last current team with no - no no ?

No ?

47 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Yep 

Took Mets 50 years for a no hitter and Padres 52 years. 

As for the Mets (not looking it up. Still drinking). How many ex Mets went on to no hitters elsewhere. 

In the likes of:

Ryan

Seaver

Gooden

Cone

Cone and Gooden both with the Spankees but Gooden was worse to a Met fan as he was home grown Met. Our Ace. 

1 minute ago, Mike Isles said:

Ha. Yeah but how many did Nolan throw for Rangers ?

He did throw 2 here.

Outside of that, our list of accomplishments and a accolades is short and rather pathetic. :lol:       :(

I guess there have been 10 catchers total in the majors that caught 2 no hitters  in a row (no on else caught one in between those two).

Victor Caritini is now the first catcher to catch two major league no hitters in a row with each being on different teams. Cubs last years and now the Padres.

Final score:  San Diego 3 Texas 0

No lead changes. Barely any scoring... Texas doesn't even get a hit.  Major League Baseball!!!  It's awesome!

How is this sport still around? I understand in the early 1900's when there's was nothing to do and people were starved for entertainment. But in 2021.?. I don't get it.

• Haha 1

To me there is lots of stuff going on during a baseball game that its hard to keep up.  But i used to sit in the stands and keep score.  

The real issue with baseball is that it is a non-contact sport and people want to see athletes hit, punch and tackle each other. 

To me, sports overall take a hit the more and more they talk about the personal lives of the players, their salaries, social views, and what they do in their free time. I feel the same way about movies and tv when I hear actors talk or get talked about. I'm know there are a couple interesting people in those jobs, but I'll sacrifice the interest in knowing more about them for not having to listen stories about the other 98% of the others who are idiots.

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

Final score:  San Diego 3 Texas 0

No lead changes. Barely any scoring... Texas doesn't even get a hit.  Major League Baseball!!!  It's awesome!

How is this sport still around? I understand in the early 1900's when there's was nothing to do and people were starved for entertainment. But in 2021.?. I don't get it.

Cause there are actually people who enjoy the competition of the game. 11-10 doesn’t make it a better game. 

59 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Cause there are actually people who enjoy the competition of the game. 11-10 doesn’t make it a better game. 

Yeah right.  How come ya never hear anyone say "Damn did you see that NFL game last night?  3 to 0 ? Holy crap it was epic. Great competition!"

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

Yeah right.  How come ya never hear anyone say "Damn did you see that NFL game last night?  3 to 0 ? Holy crap it was epic. Great competition!"

Diff sport but this like football would be a 21-0 game where you say damn thier defense was amazing

There is very old video footage of elderly couples in the early 20th century. They sat around, talked about their lives for some time.  Then at the end of the footage, all of them got up and started doing a waltz.   See the thing is, when they were kids, a waltz was rebellious.  Dancing up close to someone was scandalous.  So kids in the 1800s loved it.  They were rebels for waltzing.  They organized secret dances and did things by their rules.  What killed waltzing was that it became socially acceeptable and then became something adults taught kids.  In their minds, adults were passing on the tradition of waltzing.  But to kids, being forced to dance, get humiliated in front of their peers was a chore and a disgrace.  So waltzing became incredibly lame and fell out of fashion. 

in the mid 20th century the same thing happened with square dancing.  At first it was a rebellious thing kids organized.  By the 1980s, it was socially acceptable and adults taught kids to square dance in gym class in school.  That made it a chore and incredibly uncool.  Square dancing died

same thing for baseball. (And sports in general).  Used to be that baseball was what you did after dinner in the streets, with friends, unsupervised until dark.  Then adults got involved and forced kids into little leagues where they got shouted at by adults and humiliated.  Pretty soon, baseball was uncool.  And little leagues expanded to all sports.  And increasingly kids find ALL sports uncool.  

people never change.  They make the same Mistakes over and over.