Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

What are the long term effects of the covid vaccination?

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Because they were campaigning on the vaccine in the summer.

Liberals will of course do that.  Everything is Trump's fault to them.

They will be blaming Trump for everything for years. It’s pathetic.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Because they were campaigning on the vaccine in the summer.

Liberals will of course do that.  Everything is Trump's fault to them.

You're not making any sense.  Campaigning on what?  That we didn't have a vaccine 4 months after covid was declared a pandemic?

Why wouldn't it be Trump's fault if the vaccine is faulty though?  I obviously don't think it is, but getting the vaccine developed so quickly will likely be Trump's best accomplishment on covid.  But if it's faulty that's on him too.   

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Why did you say "since July" then?  I guess I could see Biden/Harris trying to take credit for the distribution, but that's about it.

But if the vaccine makes everyone sterile, we can all agree that'd be Trump's fault right?

Not at all.

You guys are funny.   Claiming democrats (which I'm not one of) are being hypocritcal.  Look in a freaking mirror.

• Sad 1

Just now, TimHauck said:

Why not?  He oversaw their development.

No he didn’t. The pharma companies didn’t.

58 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

largest year over year increase in deaths since 1918

Amazing what happens when you can't go see your doctor because they closed down everything but the covid units.  

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You guys are funny.   Claiming democrats (which I'm not one of) are being hypocritcal.  Look in a freaking mirror.

You’re the funniest one here. Your gag about voting for Trump is hysterical. 

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

Amazing what happens when you can't go see your doctor because they closed down everything but the covid units.  

...and yet places that locked down but weren't hit hard by covid had far fewer excess deaths.

And even if that happened, in most places it was only a short time that you "couldn't" see your doctor.   I'm sure many stayed away voluntarily because they were scared of getting covid.

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You're not making any sense.  Campaigning on what?  That we didn't have a vaccine 4 months after covid was declared a pandemic?

Why wouldn't it be Trump's fault if the vaccine is faulty though?  I obviously don't think it is, but getting the vaccine developed so quickly will likely be Trump's best accomplishment on covid.  But if it's faulty that's on him too.   

Campaigning on how quickly they were going to get the vaccine out.  Did you vote not knowing what the candidates were campaigning on?

Trump didn't make the vaccines, the pharmaceutical companies made them, that's where the blame would fall.  I guess you didn't hear, but Biden and Harris claimed that they were responsible for getting the vaccine out so quickly, not Trump.

If you noticed, I quoted the post that Strike made with a link saying that the pharmaceutical companies wouldn't be financially responsible for the vaccines.  If the fit hits the shan and the pharmaceutical companies can't be held accountable, blame will fall on the government.  That's what I was refereeing too.  Biden and Harris campaigned on getting a good vaccine out and out quickly.  They claimed in February (March maybe), that they had to scrap Trump's plan because it wasn't good.  They're literally taking all of the credit for the vaccine.  That's what my post was about.  How much dancing will there be from the Left if the vaccine does more harm than good?  Right now, the media and Dems are pulling muscles by patting each other on the back.  If this vaccine fails, they're going to have to do a lot of revisionist history on how it was Trump's fault when Biden and Harris were taking all the credit.

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

None of you cucks are democrats.  You are just rabid supporters of the entire democratic agenda under every single democratic president. And before you start up, we know, you voted for every Republican president up until now. 

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

None of you cucks are democrats.  You are just rabid supporters of the entire democratic agenda under every single democratic president. And before you start up, we know, you voted for every Republican president up until now. 

Could only vote since 2008.  Went Obama in 2008, but Republican in every one since.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

They will be blaming Trump for everything for years. It’s pathetic.

Well, that goes without saying.

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Campaigning on how quickly they were going to get the vaccine out.  Did you vote not knowing what the candidates were campaigning on?

Trump didn't make the vaccines, the pharmaceutical companies made them, that's where the blame would fall.  I guess you didn't hear, but Biden and Harris claimed that they were responsible for getting the vaccine out so quickly, not Trump.

If you noticed, I quoted the post that Strike made with a link saying that the pharmaceutical companies wouldn't be financially responsible for the vaccines.  If the fit hits the shan and the pharmaceutical companies can't be held accountable, blame will fall on the government.  That's what I was refereeing too.  Biden and Harris campaigned on getting a good vaccine out and out quickly.  They claimed in February (March maybe), that they had to scrap Trump's plan because it wasn't good.  They're literally taking all of the credit for the vaccine.  That's what my post was about.  How much dancing will there be from the Left if the vaccine does more harm than good?  Right now, the media and Dems are pulling muscles by patting each other on the back.  If this vaccine fails, they're going to have to do a lot of revisionist history on how it was Trump's fault when Biden and Harris were taking all the credit.

Ok I'll give you they are trying to take credit for the DISTRIBUTION of the vaccine.  But they're not taking credit for "the vaccine."

So if the vaccine is a success (which all signs are pointing to), it's not due to Trump then.  It was the pharmaceutical companies.  Got it.

17 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Ok I'll give you they are trying to take credit for the DISTRIBUTION of the vaccine.  But they're not taking credit for "the vaccine."

So if the vaccine is a success (which all signs are pointing to), it's not due to Trump then.  It was the pharmaceutical companies.  Got it.

Yes, they want credit for distribution (distribution that's no different than what Trump put out last summer), but they're also saying they believe in the quality of the vaccine.  I never said they're taking credit for the quality of the vaccine, I said they're backing the quality of the vaccine.

If the vaccine is a success, Trump should get "some" credit for getting the ball rolling.  They were able to get it out because he was able to get the process going as quickly as it did... but he doesn't get the majority of it because he didn't make it, he just put the wheels in motion.  If it fails, Trump did his job.  He gave the companies what they said they needed to get the vaccine out.

Good or bad, Trump should only get some credit but no blame.  He did his job.  Biden and Harris took over 1 month into the vaccine's availability.  If the vaccine is good, they'll say they're responsible even though they're doing nothing that Trump didn't have in place.  If it's bad, they'll pretend January to April didn't happen and blame everything on Trump.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If the vaccine is a success, Trump should get "some" credit for getting the ball rolling.  They were able to get it out because he was able to get the process going as quickly as it did... but he doesn't get the majority of it because he didn't make it, he just put the wheels in motion.  If it fails, Trump did his job.  He gave the companies what they said they needed to get the vaccine out.

Good or bad, Trump should only get some credit but no blame.  He did his job.  Biden and Harris took over 1 month into the vaccine's availability.  If the vaccine is good, they'll say they're responsible even though they're doing nothing that Trump didn't have in place.  If it's bad, they'll pretend January to April didn't happen and blame everything on Trump.

LOL, nice cherrypicking.  Trump should get the same amount of credit or blame with whatever happens.  I personally think it should be the majority, and again I think it will be a success.

Same goes for Biden.  I think it shouldn't be much.  I agree he shouldn't get much credit for the distribution.

20 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

LOL, nice cherrypicking.  Trump should get the same amount of credit or blame with whatever happens.  I personally think it should be the majority, and again I think it will be a success.

Same goes for Biden.  I think it shouldn't be much.  I agree he shouldn't get much credit for the distribution.

There's no cherry picking.  Trump got the ball rolling.  Period.  He gave the pharmaceutical companies what they asked for, he didn't tell them what they get.  That was his job.  The distribution is done at the state level, not the Federal level.  The availability is where the WH comes in.  Trump had, in place, a plan for doses for 300M people to be vaccinated by June.  There aren't 300M people over the age of 16 in this country, so he got the amount needed... Biden/Harris are irrelevant on that.  The governors are responsible for getting people vaccinated, that's not Trump nor Biden/Harris.  Neither Trump or Biden/Harris should get credit for that... or blame.

If there's blame, it's on the pharmaceutical companies, not the politicians.  If there's credit, the bulk goes the pharmaceutical companies and to some Trump for getting the process going in the right direction and the state's governors for getting the distribution out in a timely fashion.

Biden and Harris should get no real credit or blame.  They will take all the credit though and make sure any blame falls on Trump.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There's no cherry picking.  Trump got the ball rolling.  Period.  He gave the pharmaceutical companies what they asked for, he didn't tell them what they get.  That was his job.  The distribution is done at the state level, not the Federal level.  The availability is where the WH comes in.  Trump had, in place, a plan for doses for 300M people to be vaccinated by June.  There aren't 330M people over the age of 16 in this country, so he got the amount needed... Biden/Harris are irrelevant on that.  The governors are responsible for getting people vaccinated, that's not Trump nor Biden/Harris.  Neither Trump or Biden/Harris should get credit for that... or blame.

If there's blame, it's on the pharmaceutical companies, not the politicians.  If there's credit, the bulk goes the pharmaceutical companies and to some Trump for getting the process going in the right direction and the state's governors for getting the distribution out in a timely fashion.

Biden and Harris should get no real credit or blame.  They will take all the credit though and make sure any blame falls on Trump.

Yes I agree about Biden/Harris.   

I also agree about the distribution.   If the vaccine was available, it was gonna get out there no matter who was in charge of it.

But I don't think it's fair to say that Trump should get some credit and no blame.  I mean even going back to the comment you referred to about the pharmaceutical companies being immune from damages, if something goes horribly wrong with the vaccines (which again I don't think will happen), Trump agreed to that detail and it could certainly be argued that if there's an issue that pharmaceutical companies being immune could have played a role.

21 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I also agree about the distribution.   If the vaccine was available, it was gonna get out there no matter who was in charge of it.

But I don't think it's fair to say that Trump should get some credit and no blame.  I mean even going back to the comment you referred to about the pharmaceutical companies being immune from damages, if something goes horribly wrong with the vaccines (which again I don't think will happen), Trump agreed to that detail and it could certainly be argued that if there's an issue that pharmaceutical companies being immune could have played a role.

Then don't force people to get the shot. Let them choose for themselves.

56 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Trump didn't agree to the deal.  It falls under the PREP Act passed by GWB.  Trump is stuck with it.  It's why I said Trump doesn't really deserve any blame... just like the Dems, it's the pharmaceutical companies.

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2021 at 7:21 AM, TimHauck said:

No benefit besides preventing 95% of symptomatic covid cases and nearly all severe ones?

Florida never did “great.”  They did about average (for the US, which of course was below average in total).  They are also seeing rising cases now, hopefully the deaths don’t follow.  Also NY, MI and PA have all further eased restrictions in recent weeks so not sure if that helps your argument.

Apparently the “mask mouth” stuff isn’t actually from the masks.  It’s from people breathing through their mouth instead of their nose and not drinking enough water - https://nypost.com/2020/08/05/mask-mouth-is-a-seriously-stinky-side-effect-of-wearing-masks/

It's disingenuous to say Florida did average.  They have the second oldest population, behind only Maine and its 27 residents.  Florida has been a tremendous success.

• Thanks 1

Maybe nothing, maybe something. People should definitely stop using absolutes though, you don't have a clue either way, there's no possible way you could.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Nothing near as harmful as TDS.

I hope you're not referring to me.   I'm literally saying Trump should get the majority of the credit for what is looking like a pretty successful vaccine rollout.

J&J issue certainly a hiccup, but if anything that gives me more confidence in Pfizer/Moderna since this clearly shows they are willing to admit if there are any issues (and this issue in question is literally a 1 in a million chance based on the release).   And of course Pfizer/Moderna have been out much longer and are the vast majority of vaccines that have been given in the US.

19 hours ago, jerryskids said:

It's disingenuous to say Florida did average.  They have the second oldest population, behind only Maine and its 27 residents.  Florida has been a tremendous success.

No, it's disingenous to say they "have been a tremendous success." 

I think it could be further evidence that you don't need strict restrictions (which I've agreed with all along) because they didn't do worse, but it's not like they did "well."    The old population likely voluntarily took more precautions, and they also had the weather advantage.

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Maybe nothing, maybe something. People should definitely stop using absolutes though, you don't have a clue either way, there's no possible way you could.

I have not recieved a vaccine yet as I to have some concerns.  However we have to pause a bit here.  I just read the article.

In a joint statement Tuesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration said they were investigating unusual clots in six women that occurred 6 to 13 days after vaccination. The clots occurred in veins that drain blood from the brain and occurred together with low platelets. All six cases were in women between the ages of 18 and 48.

The reports appear similar to a rare, unusual type of clotting disorder that European authorities say is possibly linked to another COVID-19 vaccine not yet cleared in the U.S., from AstraZeneca.

More than 6.8 million doses of the J&J vaccine have been administered in the U.S., the vast majority with no or mild side effects.

6 people with side effects out of 7 Million doses?   

To put that in perspective, birth control pills cause blood cots as a side effect in 1 out of 2 thousand women.  And women take them all the time for years.

Blood clots are rare, even among birth control users. The rate for getting clots is about 0.3% to 1% over 10 years for a woman on the pill. You're much more likely to have blood clots during or after pregnancy - WEBMD  

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

No, it's disingenous to say they "have been a tremendous success." 

I think it could be further evidence that you don't need strict restrictions (which I've agreed with all along) because they didn't do worse, but it's not like they did "well."    The old population likely voluntarily took more precautions, and they also had the weather advantage.

I guess we have different definitions of “disingenuous.”  The clearest correlation is age, and it isn’t linear.  Florida being in the middle is a great success, and for you to say otherwise is lying with statistics on your part.  Weather seems to have delayed the waves, but the waves still hit the sun belt.

What, old people in Florida are smarter than old people elsewhere?  Well, probably since a lot of them escaped cold leftist shiot holes, but I don’t think they are THAT much smarter.

You seem like a smart rational person, don’t let the MSM attacks on Desantis cloud your brain.  I’m sure you know they are doing it because they fear him running against their liberal comrades in a few years.

That being said, it is dangerous to judge decisions by the outcomes in some cases (like I’m going through with cancer treatments; all you can do is make the best decision you can).  What I mean is:  was Desantis “right” to do what he did with Florida?  In hindsight it is a clear Yes, but it could have just as easily blown up on him.  But to the victor goes the spoils they say... except in this case, where the left is inexplicably still calling for Draconian measures when they have been shown to be unnecessary.  It’s hard not to think through the reasons without finding yourself wearing a tin foil hat.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I guess we have different definitions of “disingenuous.”  The clearest correlation is age, and it isn’t linear.  Florida being in the middle is a great success, and for you to say otherwise is lying with statistics on your part.  Weather seems to have delayed the waves, but the waves still hit the sun belt.

What, old people in Florida are smarter than old people elsewhere?  Well, probably since a lot of them escaped cold leftist shiot holes, but I don’t think they are THAT much smarter.

You seem like a smart rational person, don’t let the MSM attacks on Desantis cloud your brain.  I’m sure you know they are doing it because they fear him running against their liberal comrades in a few years.

That being said, it is dangerous to judge decisions by the outcomes in some cases (like I’m going through with cancer treatments; all you can do is make the best decision you can).  What I mean is:  was Desantis “right” to do what he did with Florida?  In hindsight it is a clear Yes, but it could have just as easily blown up on him.  But to the victor goes the spoils they say... except in this case, where the left is inexplicably still calling for Draconian measures when they have been shown to be unnecessary.  It’s hard not to think through the reasons without finding yourself wearing a tin foil hat.

I guess we may just be arguing semantics.   I'd agree that Florida was an "overall success" because they didn't impose strict measures and still managed to keep their covid numbers about average compared to the rest of the county despite an old population.   But they weren't a success looking purely at covid numbers.  Earlier you brought up Maine.   Maine, despite the oldest population as you called out (actually looks like Florida is 5th, not 2nd - https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/median-age-by-state), had stricter measures and had the second lowest % of total excess deaths of any state (thru 3/24 - https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/14/us/covid-19-death-toll.html).

Got 1st Pfizer shot yesterday. 

No side effects per se...........but my arm is sore as hell. Which is unusual - shots never bother me, I donate blood all the time, never get sick, etc. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

No side effects per se...........but my arm is sore as hell. Which is unusual - shots never bother me, I donate blood all the time, never get sick, etc. 

Wife and son got Pfizer #2 yesterday. Both just really tired. The wife texted me about an hour ago and said she could barely function at work. 

• Like 1

Just now, Thornton Melon said:

Wife and son got Pfizer #2 yesterday. Both just really tired. The wife texted me about an hour ago and said she could barely function at work. 

Oh really? Great, I'll def look out for that. 

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I guess we may just be arguing semantics.   I'd agree that Florida was an "overall success" because they didn't impose strict measures and still managed to keep their covid numbers about average compared to the rest of the county despite an old population.   But they weren't a success looking purely at covid numbers.  Earlier you brought up Maine.   Maine, despite the oldest population as you called out (actually looks like Florida is 5th, not 2nd - https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/median-age-by-state), had stricter measures and had the second lowest % of total excess deaths of any state (thru 3/24 - https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/14/us/covid-19-death-toll.html).

Interesting, I’ll have to see where I had read that FL was #2.  Regardless, 2-5 are pretty close.  Also Maine doesn’t have anywhere near the population densities of a bunch of Florida cities.  Also I’m guessing Florida has a few more visitors than Maine.

I’m not saying stricter measures are harmful from a Covid spreading perspective, but rather that the data indicate that they were unnecessary.

23 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I’m not saying stricter measures are harmful from a Covid spreading perspective, but rather that the data indicate that they were unnecessary.

I agree.

5 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Shotsup got his first Pfizer shot today. Next up 5/4/21. May the 4th with me. 

• Like 3

On 4/12/2021 at 11:20 AM, Utilit99 said:

Then don't force people to get the shot. Let them choose for themselves.

My body, my choice. 

So I was on the fence but I'm going to go get the Pfizer shot.  

My kids had "track out" for two weeks the past two weeks (they are year round and its same time as spring break).  They started back on Monday, then today at Noon the school calls and says, "a student in your child's class has a positive Covid test so you need to have him quarantine for 14 days and you need come pick him up now and he cannot come back to school until April 26th. 

JFC. 

Fock the vaccine side effects I just want to have peace of mind and tell people to go fock themselves.  I'm just over it.  Gimme the shot so I can tell people to Eat Dicks!@#! 

28 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Just get the ##### shot. 

Why? So I can continue doing what I'm currently doing? Waste of time.  :thumbsdown:

18 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Why? So I can continue doing what I'm currently doing? Waste of time.  :thumbsdown:

To get the shot versus to not?  Life is full of cost vs. benefit analysis. 

1. How old are you?  

2.  Do you have any pre-existing conditions. (i.e. do you have diabetes, cancer, COPD, smoker, heart disease, etc.)

3.  Are you around people who are in the question 1 or 2  who have not or will not be vaccinated?

4.  Do you have kids in school?

If you are under 60, healthy, kids are of age, aren't really around any person non vaccinated who are in the high risk range then yeah, agreed. I wouldn't get it either.  If you are, then you are a selfish S.O.B.  

• Like 1