Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

How Much Alcohol Have You Consumed Since Lock Down ?

Since it has been a little over a year now for me been a 30 pack of beer with the GF 6 or 7 days a week since then and mostly seven. I don't drink hard liquor and beer is almost becoming like water to me and don't faze me till I have about 12. Curious about others the last year and the consumption ?

Just now, BunnysBastatrds said:

Went into detox because I doubled my consumption.

Nice to see you back and hope you are dealing with it good. Takes a man to go into that and face it. Much respect!

8 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Nice to see you back and hope you are dealing with it good. Takes a man to go into that and face it. Much respect!

Thanks man. Wasn’t easy. Checked myself in. Found out some incredible things. Haven’t been to a doctor in ten years. No diabetic problems. No hepatitis. No liver problems, cirosis, heart disease, kidney problems. Doctors were amazed. As was I. I was expecting the worst. I’m dealing day by day now.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Thanks man. Wasn’t easy. Checked myself in. Found out some incredible things. Haven’t been to a doctor in ten years. No diabetic problems. No hepatitis. No liver problems, cirosis, heart disease, kidney problems. Doctors were amazed. As was I. I was expecting the worst. I’m dealing day by day now.

Awesome Buddy and you seem in good health then. I guess like they say just take it daily.

38 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Good stuff man. Fantastic to hear it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Since it has been a little over a year now for me been a 30 pack of beer with the GF 6 or 7 days a week since then and mostly seven. I don't drink hard liquor and beer is almost becoming like water to me and don't faze me till I have about 12. Curious about others the last year and the consumption ?

Day drinking has crept it’s ugly head into my life in the past year. Vodka not beer. 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Day drinking has crept it’s ugly head into my life in the past year. Vodka not beer. 

I'm probably worse and getting tired of it. Think next week I won't touch any for a month and see how it goes. Mike it's getting nice out now and will try to do outdoor things and see how that goes. Regardless I still have to cut the grass this weekend.

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I'm probably worse and getting tired of it. Think next week I won't touch any for a month and see how it goes. Mike it's getting nice out now and will try to do outdoor things and see how that goes. Regardless I still have to cut the grass this weekend.

Agreed. I do get out more in nice weather and tend to drink more beer less vodka. Happy to hear old friend Bunny is on track. He will not drink with me tonight 

• Like 1

I've stayed steady with my drinking, no effects from pandemic.  I've probably drank 2 cases of beer in the last year and maybe a bottle of Wild Turkey.  Most beers were drank on vacation at the beach and playing golf.

a beer or two during the day and one or two 3/4 finger glass of bourbon every night

So, since a handle is 1.75 liters, and I'm drinking about 3/4 of that per day of rum, every day, doing the math, carry the one, I don't focking know. But I have enough bottles of that sh!t stashed around the house in closets to fund a speakeasy for a couple of weeks. Let's not forget, Pennsylfockingvania shut down liquor purchases for 3 months during the China bioweapon.

It's way too easy to day drink. And still be equally productive working from home. I'm drinking myself to death watching reruns of Law&Order Criminal Intent, South Park, Scrubs, and Dual Survival and AEW Wrestling. Oh, and that Stephen A Smith certainly has an opinion.

About usual. I get up between 3:30 & 5:00 AM depending on what the day has in store for me. Hit my accounts, do my job and get home when I get home. 

Some days I get home at Noon, some days I get home at 3:00. The days I get home at Noon I drink more than the days I get home at 3:00. 

Either way I'm in bed by 8:00

:dunno:

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

About usual. I get up between 3:30 & 5:00 AM depending on what the day has in store for me. Hit my accounts, do my job and get home when I get home. 

Some days I get home at Noon, some days I get home at 3:00. The days I get home at Noon I drink more than the days I get home at 3:00. 

Either way I'm in bed by 8:00

:dunno:

I get up around 7:00, get out of bed around 9:00. 

17 minutes ago, frank said:

I get up around 7:00, get out of bed around 9:00. 

If I got up around 7:00, I'd be late for almost anything I'd need to do that day. Getting out of bed at 9:00 is totally unacceptable. 

Maybe I worry too much.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

If I got up around 7:00, I'd be late for almost anything I'd need to do that day. Getting out of bed at 9:00 is totally unacceptable. 

Maybe I worry too much.  :dunno:

Now I get up around whenever. I used to get up on time. 

14 minutes ago, frank said:

Now I get up around whenever. I used to get up on time. 

All I can do is trying to keep getting better. 

17 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Are you still hitting the gym?  🤔

3 hours ago, posty said:

The same amount that I had before the pandemic, nothing...

This.  I wish I liked alcohol more but it just doesn't do anything for me.  :(

17 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Are you still hitting the gym?  🤔

This.  I wish I liked alcohol more but it just doesn't do anything for me.  :(

Na my membership ran out a week ago and probably join back up next week for just a month. I want to do more outdoor exercise next month. Covid is starting to rise here again and why I been hesitant.

I was up to a bottle of wine almost every night for awhile.  Decided to stop about 5 months ago.  Haven't had a drop since. 

• Thanks 1

I'm about a 6 pack a day guy. It's covid and lockdown unrelated though.

Too much.

I've started to Irish up my coffee in the morning by adding a shot of Jameson to it.  I may have a problem. 

16 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Too much.

I've started to Irish up my coffee in the morning by adding a shot of Jameson to it.  I may have a problem. 

Are you out of Jameson?

• Haha 2

Consumption is down... more so due to work (but that is related to covid)

Consumption was way up to the point that the missus started giving me sh1t.  :cry:

I'm going to be dry out of support while she deals with chemo so I need to get my drinks in while I can, though.  Have a couple more weeks before that fun begins. :cheers:

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Are you out of Jameson?

:lol:

On 4/10/2021 at 3:09 AM, Mike Isles said:

This is my drink. I go through staggering amount of vodka. But no day drink.

30 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I dont drink

I don’t trust anyone that doesn’t drink. 

• Like 1

I fell back to drinking most nights the past two weeks with my MIL in town (not because I don't like her, I do, but we had a lot of activities and she has wine every night so...).  Went back to weekends-mostly starting yesterday. 

In general I've been drinking less than prior to Covid but that is mostly due to that pesky cancer thing. :cheers: 

• Like 2

Also, I recently heard Peter Attia's approach to alcohol; he's a doctor with a podcast on how to maximize "good" longevity (live long and be relatively healthy), and it is more or less what I've been mostly doing.  His take is basically:  he knows alcohol is bad for you but he likes it, so all things in moderation:  try to stick to 3 or fewer nights per week, 2 drinks per night, finish 3 hours before sleep.  The last two are harder for me; when I drink, I like to keep going until bed. 

53 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Me2

Spent eleven days in detox for sh!ts and giggles at River Life. Enjoyed it. Met my kind. Three squares a day. Great meds. Giving the majority of my food  to the scary and the nice. 

It didn’t last long. 🙃