Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Hideki Matsuyama spotted carrying the green jacket through the airport

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/hideki-matsuyama-green-jacket-airport-masters

Everything written about new Masters champ Hideki Matsuyama would indicate he's a man who is not very flashy. Despite earning nearly $35 million on the course in his PGA Tour career, he still drives a minivan. On Saturday, during a lengthy rain delay, while other competitors may have been schmoozing it up in the clubhouse or getting work done on their bodies, Matsuyama sat in his car and played games on his phone.

If there was ever a time to ball out, though, it's after you've won the green jacket. If Matsuyama wanted to pop champagne and eat caviar on a private jet back home today, no one would blame him. But it appears the life-altering victory has not altered his low-key lifestyle. On Monday, a fan who happened to be at the Atlanata airport spotted Matsuyama strolling to his commercial flight, with his new coat in tow:

Dude won a golf tournament, stop acting like he cured cancer. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/hideki-matsuyama-green-jacket-airport-masters

Dude won a golf tournament, stop acting like he cured cancer. 

He's carrying it over his arm... not holding it up to be worshiped.  What's the problem?  If I saw him, I'd have no idea who he was or why he was carrying the jacket and wonder why he didn't have it in his luggage.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He's carrying it over his arm... not holding it up to be worshiped.  What's the problem?  If I saw him, I'd have no idea who he was or why he was carrying the jacket and wonder why he didn't have it in his luggage.

#metoo. It's a fugly jacket.

I don't understand what this is about.

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I don't understand what this is about.

Dude won a golf tournament, who gives a chit what he's carrying or how he's carrying it? How is this news and make it on numerous websites.  Ohhh he's flying coach? :overhead:

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

Dude won a golf tournament, who gives a chit what he's carrying or how he's carrying it? How is this news and make it on numerous websites.  Ohhh he's flying coach? :overhead:

Yeah I don't understand why anyone would care let alone write articles about it. 

People's idea of success and how a person should spend wealth are totally twisted.

One report had him flying coach.  I like him.  :thumbsup:

I think it was aught 4 some pappyratzee types came across Mickelson wearing his green jacket in the Krispe Creme drive thru. 

5 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I think it was aught 4 some pappyratzee types came across Mickelson wearing his green jacket in the Krispe Creme drive thru. 

Shocking that phil was in a krsipy creme

27 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

One report had him flying coach.  I like him.  :thumbsup:

Coach to Japan from the East  coast? Been there, done that a couple of times. No thanks. I’ll take FC if I have the scratch.  

49 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Spoted?

Let me help you figure out a typo. This one means "spotted". I understand that's very difficult for you to figure out but at least try once in a while.

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Let me help you figure out a typo. This one means "spotted". I understand that's very difficult for you to figure out but at least try once in a while.

Such a hostile little queen..😂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

You really are. Except you a bit more "slow" than hostile. :thumbsup:

I think the story is more about how private he is. I love it. I think I read somewhere that no one even knew he recently got married. 

I got tired of hearing endless stories about butt buddies Fowler spieth Thomas and I feel like there was a fourth that fell off the face if the earth completely... smylie Kaufman? Taking vacations and staying together in party houses at big events. Blah blah. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I think the story is more about how private he is. I love it. I think I read somewhere that no one even knew he recently got married. 

I got tired of hearing endless stories about butt buddies Fowler spieth Thomas and I feel like there was a fourth that fell off the face if the earth completely... smylie Kaufman? Taking vacations and staying together in party houses at big events. Blah blah. 

because he's too lazy to learn English. Fock him and his interpreter who just makes sh1t up anyway, how would he know?

5 hours ago, edjr said:

because he's too lazy to learn English. Fock him and his interpreter who just makes sh1t up anyway, how would he know?

You'd know if you weren't too lazy to learn Japanese.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, edjr said:

I feel the hate.  It's palpable.  

11 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Really now? The green jacket wouldn't have been a tipoff? I barely pay attention to golf but do I know a Japanese guy won.

Japanese guy + Atlanta airport + Masters just ending + green jacket = the guy who just won the Masters 

8 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Perfect description! 😂 Utiliqueen.

I don’t know what the author has against minivans.   They’re great (and if it’s a Pacifica or something they’re not cheap)

18 hours ago, edjr said:

Well as I mentioned to cruzer in another thread I do hate that crap. If he really does have a home in Florida and has been playing of a tour for how many years now? If this is where you make a majority of your living you should be able to assimilate 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Well as I mentioned to cruzer in another thread I do hate that crap. If he really does have a home in Florida and has been playing of a tour for how many years now? If this is where you make a majority of your living you should be able to assimilate 

He was low am at the Masters in 2011. he's been on the PGA tour for 10 years!

13 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Really now? The green jacket wouldn't have been a tipoff? I barely pay attention to golf but do I know a Japanese guy won.

Japanese guy + Atlanta airport + Masters just ending + green jacket = the guy who just won the Masters 

Golf never would have been a thought for me.