Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Julian Edelman announces retirement -

2 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Wes Welker never won a Super Bowl. He would should have won one, but he blew it.

:(  

• Like 1

Edelman never even made a Pro-Bowl. Obviously, the playoff record is impressive, but you need to show you're among the best at your position during the regular season, too, to be considered for the HOF.

3 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Edelman never even made a Pro-Bowl. Obviously, the playoff record is impressive, but if you need to show you're among the best at your position during the regular season, too, to be considered for the HOF.

Funny the people that watched him most and love him to death, realize he is not HOF. It's the fantasy nerds that think he is HOF

35 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Edelman never even made a Pro-Bowl. Obviously, the playoff record is impressive, but you need to show you're among the best at your position during the regular season, too, to be considered for the HOF.

Drew Pearson and Lynn Swann?  :dunno:

He's the Robert Horry of the NFL.   Good player who had some great playoff moments on really good teams.  

Neither are HOF worthy.  

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

He's the Robert Horry of the NFL.   Good player who had some great playoff moments on really good teams.  

Neither are HOF worthy.  

:lol:  A 3 time, 100 catch, 1000 guy, compared to a player who cracked 10 pts a game in a couple of seasons.  Try again. 

21 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

They are in, but certainly should not be.

Just now, edjr said:

They are in, but certainly should not be.

HOF discussions are always a laugh riot. It's 90% popularity. Haters make guys out to be worse than they were.  Does Edelman deserve it?  More than 1000 catch guys who never won anything of note.  Will he make it?  Probably. Those Patriot teams certainly deserve as many players as those Steeler, Dolphin and Cowboy teams but the pickins are slim as far as standouts go.  Brady, Gronk, Law,? 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

HOF

Hahahahahah...for what?  How many pro bowls?  1 as an alternate?  Much better players than him need to get in

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

HOF discussions are always a laugh riot. It's 90% popularity. Haters make guys out to be worse than they were.  Does Edelman deserve it?  More than 1000 catch guys who never won anything of note.  Will he make it?  Probably. Those Patriot teams certainly deserve as many players as those Steeler, Dolphin and Cowboy teams but the pickins are slim as far as standouts go.  Brady, Gronk, Law,? 

Because the teams won so much and it's a team game, the NFL is such a hard one to judge HOF. I still go by the eye test.  Randy Moss HOF. Lynn Swann? Laughable.

So close, Julian. So close you could taste it.

The trade rumors were there but unfortunately, Julian Edelman never did suit up as a Lion.

So wait, winning Super Bowls matters now? This place is funny. Lots of clowns. 

ZERO PRO BOWLS.  He’s not even in the HOF of WR’s in the years he played.  How can you be regarded as one of the greatest of all time if you weren't even one of the greatest of your time?  

:lol:  Y’all silly.  

50 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Interesting you bring up Swann. I remember around the late 90s when I first heard that Lynn Swann wasn't in the Hall of Fame. My first reaction, and the reaction of people I talked to, was, "Lynn Swann is NOT in the Hall of Fame??? :o" I guess the public perception is the Super Bowl success, and the overall stats are overlooked.

That said, compared to Edelman, Pearson and Swann played in a largely rushing era. Each made 3 Pro-Bowls, and Pearson was a 3 time First Team All-Pro, Swann made First Team once. I'd put Pearson and Swann in before Edelman, and I'm a Pats homer.

But, I'm not gonna get all worked up whether Edelman gets in or not.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol:  A 3 time, 100 catch, 1000 guy, compared to a player who cracked 10 pts a game in a couple of seasons.  Try again. 

thanks for catching this right away..that was absurd.

eta..not a HoFer.  Worthy of some chatter, but not in.  

16 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Wes Welker had more receptions, more yards and more TD's in his career.  Same QB.  Pretty sure he won several Super Bowl rings too. 

Some of y'all (not you HT) are funny, just live in moment.  

Welker never won a ring.

Nor did Moss.

People rip on the years Belichick didn’t have a top receiver, but they never won with one. Or two.

9 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Wes Welker never won a Super Bowl. He would have won one, but he blew it.

My Tommy boy can’t catch the focking ball too! :mad:

Sweet Jesus this hof talk for Edelman is cringey. Dude is nowhere even remotely close to hof level stats and guys like Reggie Wayne who are top 10 in major categories all time isn’t even in. They would need to induct like 30 more wrs to even get to discussing where Edelman is at. Holy moly. Who’s next in the hall for you, Cole Beasley? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Sweet Jesus this hof talk for Edelman is cringey. Dude is nowhere even remotely close to hof level stats and guys like Reggie Wayne who are top 10 in major categories all time isn’t even in. They would need to induct like 30 more wrs to even get to discussing where Edelman is at. Holy moly. Who’s next in the hall for you, Cole Beasley? 

Lighten up Francis.

Reggie Wayne inducted into Senior Bowl Hall of Fame (yahoo.com)

41 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Tavon Austin 😂 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Tavon Austin 😂 

Another reminder of the highest profile college that puts absolutely no one of any worth into the NFL. WVU. 

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Another reminder of the highest profile college that puts absolutely no one of any worth into the NFL. WVU. 

o'rly?

if you have to think about it or even look up stats. NOT A HOF.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Jewish Hall of Fame

Guess who is in there? Rod Carew. He converted

There needs to be another place for guys like this, maybe the “basement of entertaining players” it would be the lower level of the hof....

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Yup, absurd conversation. I thought people were arguing on Twitter with nobody but, people actually think this dude is a HoF'er...

Hilarious.

On 4/13/2021 at 3:34 PM, TimmySmith said:

Nah, Pearson was only put in because he was Cowboy and the NFL needed press.  Edelman has a legit claim.

Ha, good grief. 

Really good player, clutch and tough.. But please, stop the the HOF talk. 

18 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yup, absurd conversation. I thought people were arguing on Twitter with nobody but, people actually think this dude is a HoF'er...

Hilarious.

So many bandwagon Patriot fans. Most of them are. 

Terrell Davis thinks he should be in the Hall...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/terrell-davis-says-julian-edelman-should-be-a-hall-of-famer-to-me-its-looking-at-impact/

Julian Edelman's future Hall of Fame candidacy was a hot-button topic when the former Patriots receiver announced his retirement earlier this month. Edelman's detractors point to his zero Pro Bowl berths and underwhelming regular season stats. His supporters laud Edelman's three Super Bowl rings and the fact that he is one of the most productive receivers in NFL postseason history. 

Terrell Davis, whose abbreviated career forced him to wait over a decade before he received his place in Canton, Ohio, believes that Edelman's career is also deserving of a bronze bust and gold jacket. Davis said that the impact Edelman made during the Patriots' recent run of championships is the main reason why he is a staunch supporter of Edelman's Hall of Fame candidacy. 

"To me, it's looking at impact," Davis told TMZ Sports. "I don't care whether you've made to the Pro Bowl or First-Team All-Pro. Those are great to have and they signify how great you played, but my eyes tell me that when I watched this man play … he was a playmaker, he was a difference-maker."

Davis pointed to Edelman's fingertip catch during the Patriots' comeback win in Super Bowl LI as one of the examples of Edelman's impact. Along with that catch, Edelman caught the game-winning score in New England's 28-24 win over the Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX. He 10-catch, 141-yard effort earned him MVP honors in the Patriots' 13-3 win over the Rams in Super Bowl LIII. 

Unlike Edelman, Davis' career does include regular season accolades. Davis was a three-time Pro Bowler, the 1998 NFL MVP and a member of the 2,000-yard rushing club, a feat he achieved during his MVP season. A knee injury sustained during his fifth season, however, ultimately forced Davis to retire at age 29. The injury prevented Davis from climbing further up the NFL's career rushing list, and it ultimately resulted in him having an extended wait before receiving his Hall of Fame induction. 

Despite his lack of longevity, Davis' impact on the Broncos' back-to-back Super Bowl championship teams in the late '90s, along with what he was able to achieve during his first four seasons, was enough to get him a spot in Canton in 2017. Davis believes that Edelman's similar postseason success will eventually get him a spot amongst the game's all-time greats, even if it takes an extended period of time. 

"Once you're amongst each other, there is no, 'That's the guy who waited 11 years to get in the Hall of Fame,'" Davis said. "We're all Hall of Famers. It doesn't matter if he has to wait one year, 10 years. As long as he gets in, he should be cool."