Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Arizona Cardinals sign ex-Pittsburgh Steelers running back James Conner

Not good for those in keeper leagues who own Edmonds. 

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Meh. He was a product of the system

The Pittsburgh Panthers' system (in which he amassed over 3200 yards and scored 46 TDs in 2 full seasons as their starter), or the Pittsburgh Steelers' system (in which he only had one season over 1,000 yards or 7 TDs despite being the nominal starter for the past four years)?

If there was ever a system in which a competent RB could excel, it's probably Arizona's, where scrubs like Kenyan Drake, Chase Edmonds, and David Johnson have all looked like studs at times.

I don't know what his draft price will be yet, but it will almost certainly be below his actual value... (all together now) ...if he stays healthy.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

The Pittsburgh Panthers' system (in which he amassed over 3200 yards and scored 46 TDs in 2 full seasons as their starter), or the Pittsburgh Steelers' system (in which he only had one season over 1,000 yards or 7 TDs despite being the nominal starter for the past four years)?

If there was ever a system in which a competent RB could excel, it's probably Arizona's, where scrubs like Kenyan Drake, Chase Edmonds, and David Johnson have all looked like studs at times.

I don't know what his draft price will be yet, but it will almost certainly be below his actual value... (all together now) ...if he stays healthy.

I think his value has always been mostly due to the fact he was the Steelers RB. That's one of those top $$$ fantasy spots.

Arizona isn't quite the top notch destination for RBs, so I expect a small drop in value. The competition from Edmonds and even Kyler Murray for rushing TDs won't help.

He's not a borderline RB1 any more, he's a flex at best.

47 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I think his value has always been mostly due to the fact he was the Steelers RB. That's one of those top $$$ fantasy spots.

Arizona isn't quite the top notch destination for RBs, so I expect a small drop in value. The competition from Edmonds and even Kyler Murray for rushing TDs won't help.

Low rb2 high rb3.  

I think if Conner can stay healthy, he’ll be the short yardage rb, his biggest competition for goal line tds would be his Qb Murray.  

Now im basing it on non ppr. 

In ppr I would make him a rb3.  

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

Well, let's see; in four years as the Steelers' RB, James Conner has been RB107, RB6, RB33, and RB26...  So with a "small drop in value" I take it you expect Conner to be basically fantasy irrelevant in Arizona--RB40 or so?

Well, maybe not in your 30 team league, where Conner has been a "borderline RB1" up to now; RB40 would still make him a solid RB2 in a league that size.

24 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Well, let's see; in four years as the Steelers' RB, James Conner has been RB107, RB6, RB33, and RB26...  So with a "small drop in value" I take it you expect Conner to be basically fantasy irrelevant in Arizona--RB40 or so?

Well, maybe not in your 30 team league, where Conner has been a "borderline RB1" up to now; RB40 would still make him a solid RB2 in a league that size.

Exactly my point.

He's been overrated quite a bit due to the fact that he was the starting RB on the Steelers, and some seemed to think that meant Leveon Bell numbers, or at least kind of close to it.

He did have one RB1 season, so it's not like it's completely unjustified. He's never been able to stay healthy though, that's a big issue. I saw people saying he should be a first or second round pick, or others wanting the farm for him in trades. The expectations have been for him to be a RB1.

I don't expect that at all in Arizona. I expect him to be a decent flex option and RB depth.

I am expect Conner to be a rb3 with rb2 upside. Running an might open up a few holes too.

Last year it looked like Pitt was purposely denying him red zone touches at times.

Health always an issue but that’s about any rb