Sign in to follow this  
makindollaz

Who remembers their first championship roster?

1998, second year playing.  Won my 12 team office $ money league.  Wasn’t PPR, only yardage bonuses were if your QB went for 300+ or your RB or WR went for 100+.

Lineup was Favre, Eddie George, Robert Smith, Randy Moss, Herman Moore, Rod Smith, and Ricky Dudley.  Can’t remember my D/ST or K...think it may have been Longwell.

13 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Can’t remember my D/ST or K...

So to answer the question of the thread...  Not you?

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

So to answer the question of the thread...  Not you?

I’m not sure I could tell you my D/ST from my roster that won the league 4 months ago.

I don’t remember my complete lineup.   It was my first year I played back in 2000.  I know I had Marshall Faulk, Jeff Garcia and Terrell Owens. 

Don’t remember the year but my teammate was annoyed with me for insisting on TO in round 2 early in his career. Also had Shaun Alexander as a late round flier who hit big when he was a rookie and someone got hurt early (Westbrook?) Culpepper was my QB and I think I picked up some Bears RB who was good, maybe Anthony Thompson?

The first time I won back in like 2003-04 or whenever it was, I can only remember a couple of players.

It was Priest Holmes record breaking season where he scored 27 TDs and he pretty much carried my team. I know my QB was Aaron Brooks, and my top WR was Donald Driver.

My current dynasty leagues...

The first one I won was Peyton Manning's record breaking season with Denver.

My general starting Line up was

QB- Peyton Manning

RB- Adrian Peterson, DeMarco Murray

WR- Brandon Marshall, Torrey Smith

Flex- Joique Bell

TE- Jason Witten

D- Patriots

K- Dan Bailey

I dont remember my whole team, but I know I had Tomlinson, Priest Holmes and Donovan McNabb at the time.  those 3 were getting me nearly 60-80 points a week(usually closer to 80).  It didnt really matter all that much what my other players did as those players gave me such a big advantage at the time.

There were games where I was going into sunday night down by 40 or 50 points with 2 of those 3 players still to play and I'd win by a lot.  it was almost unfair. 

At that time McNabb was one of the only QB's who would get significant rushing yards.    Tomlinson and Priest were yardage and TD machines.   it was literally a 3 man wrecking crew.

I didnt finish undefeated, but I should have.   Lost on a bye by less than one point.

it was the first year of back to back championships for me in that league.

QB Bledsoe

RB Faulk, Emmitt

WR Moss, Keyshawn

TE not required at the time

K Hall

Def J-E-T-S 

Flex Az Hakim

Can't remember the lineup, but it was the 2000 season and I remember having Joe Horn, Marshall Faulk, and Jeff Garcia.

Remember when I won 3 ships in a row with George Blanda and Gale Sayers. Team was unstoppable.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Donkey said:

Remember when I won 3 ships in a row with George Blanda and Gale Sayers. Team was unstoppable.

I do remember 

I'm going to go with:

Nick Mason

Roger Waters

Bob Klose

Richard Wright

Syd Barrett

David Gilmore

:thumbsup:

I started in 91 and cannot remember the full roster.  Back then, no ppr, only pts for yards were at landmarks, bonuses for long tds, and tds out of position. no flex back then... I often would draft a breakaway type of back, and a plodder.

I typically had players like thurman thomas, barry sanders, moon, and those wrs (for the run and shoot). Being in San Francisco, it was hard to get 49ers... so elway, kelley, chris carter... then later bruce, horn, herman moore. I was big on the faulk train as I went to school in san diego and was able to watch him have unreal games.

I have always been a systems guy (still am)

On 4/20/2021 at 2:39 PM, jrokh said:

Don’t remember the year but my teammate was annoyed with me for insisting on TO in round 2 early in his career. Also had Shaun Alexander as a late round flier who hit big when he was a rookie and someone got hurt early (Westbrook?) Culpepper was my QB and I think I picked up some Bears RB who was good, maybe Anthony Thompson?

Pretty sure, the Bears RB you are talking about picking up as a free agent was when Anthony Thomas was a rookie for Chicago. He went to Michigan for college. Nickname "A-Train". He had pretty good fantasy stats years; his 1st year and 3rd year in the NFL. Around probably top 30 RB stats for his 2nd year; 721 yards rushing, 6 TD.

QB- B Johnson

RB- Terrell Davis

RB-Gary Brown

WR- Joey Galloway

WR- Randy Moss

WR- Keyshawn Johnson

TE- Shannon Sharpe

Traded Keyshawn for R Cunningham after B Johnson got hurt. It was total points back then, had it wrapped up by Halloween. It was the reason we stopped using total points.